1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else want Ino and Chouji to become a couple?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by DarthLampe, Nov 5, 2005.

1. DarthLampe

I'm hoping and leaning towards Ino and Chouji becoming a couple. I'm actually watching it quite closing with anticipation. Anywhere, here's what I've found so far to lead me to believe that will be the course of action. (Spoilers kind of)

1. She gives him a compliment when he has a flak jacket on.

2. When their team is eating, Chouji goes for the last piece of food, the one that Ino has been saving. It just goes to show they both think similarly. Both save the best for last, not to mention on the same page she's sort of worried about him getting sick.

3. Ino talks to Chouji, and is pretty sad. She's envious of his ability to eat whatever he wants. She says girls have to always be on a diet for the guys they like. He then asks how does a girl know of the guy likes skinny girls, and she says all guys do. She walks away, and both Chouji and Shikamaru agree that most guys like bigger girls or stacked girls, and that Ino would look a lot better with more meat on her bones.

4. When both Ino and Sakura are in the hospital, Sakura wants to see Naruto and Sasuke. Ino only wants to see Chouji, and doesn't mention Sasuke at all. Perhaps this shows her interest sliding away from Sasuke to Chouji. She's relieved he's okay and quite worried that he could have been killed.

5. Afterwards, their group is eating again. She says that she liked how thin he was at the hospital and that he really knows how to rebound. Also shows more caring when he wants to go train and she says he's only recovered.

6. She brings him a fruit basket when he's in the hospital after the Chuunin exams.

Plus, one of the most convincing arguments is that Sakura calls her Ino-Pig. Perhaps it could be what the future entails. They all in conjunction lead me to believe her character's arc is going to go for Chouji. Or...at least that's what I hope will happen. If it does, I'm sure she'll pile on some pounds. (Seriously, why is she called pig? She's a damn stick!:laugh )

Anyway, Chouji is one of my favorite characters and I'm sort of looking forward to him being one of the few plus size characters that aren't really used for comic relief. It'd be good for him to get a girl. That's not to say he isn't used for comedy, but he is in the same regards as most characters in the series are.

Has anyone else seen this as a possibility, nay, a probability? I definitely think there are subtle hints leaning in the direction; however, you just never know I guess. In any event, I'd be very happy with it as a development to be implemented in the future and think it's quite cute if it does indeed play out as such. I guess all that's left to do is eagerly await the future. I know I'll be anxious to see Chouji and Ino again sometime in the manga post-time-skip, regardless if my hopes have come true. :smile-big

I'm new to the boards, so I apologize in advance for any discrepancies or problems I may have caused.

Tags:
  2. Sariachan

I want....but there wasn't a pairing thread already?

3. Chiru

I agree. ChouIno is better than ShikaIno.

4. martryn

When did Chouji have a flak jacket on? I want to see that chapter.

I'm of the school of thought that the Naruto manga/anime will not actually give us any serious romantic interests besides that already present in Naruto-->Sakura-->Sasuke and Hinata-->Naruto. If they did, Ino x Chouji is better for me than Ino x Shika or Ino x Sasuke.

5. Shadowknux

I think Chouji is being confused with Shikamaru.

But yeah. I can definietly see Ino and Chouji being a couple, since Shikamaru is probably going to be paired up with Temari as opposed to Ino.

Now, question; Is post-timeskip Ino going to end being meatier due to the influence of Chouji? Or will she still be on that diet of hers?

6. Crush!

I agree. Ever since Shika was paired off with Temari I've figured this should happen.

7. DarthLampe

Yeah, I think I mistook Chouji for Shikamaru. My mistake, just scratch that one.

8. Yasha

Flag:
    Japan

I want ChoujiXSakura. Hunt me down and bite me, Sakuratards!:p

9. Haruka

Hmm. Have we even seen Chouji in the time skip yet? I don't think so.
    If it really is a InoChou paring, then i have alot of money on Chouji that he would be skinny in the time skip.

10. RAGING BONER

Flag:
    Puerto Rico
    i'm a firm believer that fat people shouldnt be loved, they simply don't deserve it. they are lazy disgusting gluttons that are the reason why there are starving children all over the world...plus they stink, so no, Chouji gets NO love.

11. TheChoji

What is all this *become a couple* crap. Chouji and Ino have been secretly making love for years by the fireside.

12. Shadowknux

I don't think his clan would approve of him being skinny. Not to mention his fighting style is based around it. But Ino is very pushy, so you never know.

13. FitzChivalry

Great, more pairings. Ino would definetly be stripped of that superficial title if she pursues a relationship with Chouji. She did think he was particularly good-looking as a skinny one. Will it happen? I dunno, maybe. Do I want it to happen? I don't really care. Realistically, would it happen? Similar to the first question I asked, so it receives a similar answer.

14. kataimiko

I am thinking the same thing. Choji probably hit the ninja slimfast during the timeskip.

15. DarthLampe

Chouji, thin? It'd totally change his character. I don't think that'd be a good move at all, not to mention his clan needs to be fat it seems for the techniques they use.

16. Tai-Gen-Nin

omg must kill ~Boner~, Chouji is the best character ever although I don't really want him to end up with Ino, it is a possibility, it would be nice though if there was another girl in the same academy class that was as good as Hinata taht he ended up with though. Yes that's right Hinata owns Sakura!!!

17. Kvothe Kingkiller

Catdank Faction:
    She is a bit shallow but Ino and Chouji? If a girl tries to change a guy, then don't bother changing the guy. You like him for what he is and nothing else...

But it is a possibility. Sakura matured a lot so must Ino? After all the only 'genins' we didn't see in the timeskip are Ino, Chouji, and Sasuke. :laugh who knows? There are some hints between them but nothing hard =P

18. Red Viking

Chouji can't be thin, his fighting style won't allow it. It's already been heavily hinted that his clan can convert fat and calories into chakra which is why he got so damn strong and almost died when he suddenly became thin: The red pill forced his body's natural conversion by a thousand fold.

Anyway, to be honest, I don't want Ino and Chouji to hook up mainly because this pairing didn't even exist until after Chouji lost 200 lbs. Sure, the Shikamaru/Temari thing didn't happen until the same arc, but I can guarantee you that had Chouji always been thin, we would've seen more of this pairing before hand. Are there people who like Ino/Chouji for what it is? Sure. But the circumstances that gave birth to this pairing have forever tainted it in my view.

But whether they?ll actually get together largely depends on what Kishimoto does with Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura methinks. If he goes the Sasuke/Sakura route, then yes, I can see Ino/Chouji. However, if Kishimoto goes the Naruto/Sakura route, then I think Ino has a very good chance of being paired with Sasuke.

And, of course, there's always the chance she'll be paired with Naruto! :clap :thumbs

19. ZeonNoMamono

When did 3 happen? And Ino-pig is a play on Ino's name, Ino means boar.

20. MuNaZ

P.S.- shikaxIno Wtf? Shika and Godness of the Sand aka Temari:mad :laugh

21. DarthLampe

I don't really think Ino is trying to change Chouji at all. And shallow? A little, but almost everyone is, so it's kind of negligeable. Not to mention the point is that she is starting to fall for him/like him, at least that's what I've been seeing.

22. Heldensheld

I like that. Good for both: Ino, less superficial, Choji, more self-steem...

24. Splintered

As a pairing whore I always liked the idea of InoxChouji simply because I think it would be a huge leap in Ino's character. Even though she's acted like a bitch we know that she has a soft spot for those people who don't seem to have much. But that's just me.

25. RedWolf

Boner don't equate Fat people with poverty.

You're not even in a economicly developng country I am.

Being Fat comes with heredity and lifestyle.

Being fat can also mean respect such as the Sumo wrestlers.

Did you know a fat women in some native tribes are considered sexy?

You don't know the pain of seeing beggars right in front of you and you realize your small efforts of kindness are futile in the long run.

So don't make sweeping generalizations you don't know what your talking about.

26. ikra

27. nah-nah

Chouji and Ino would make a cute couple. I hope that over the years, Ino has grown out of that "holier than thou" attitude. ^^ I'm sure being around lazy Shikamaru and humble, kind Chouji has changed her.

I also hope she's instilled a bit of confidence in Chouji and a little more energy in Shikamaru.

28. Mizura

I also support InoChou. Ino acts like this superficial person who dismisses Chouji all the time, but when Chouji was hurt during the Chuunin exams, she did go to visit him, and she went to visit him again after the Sasuke chase arc, not even thinking about Sasuke.

I think that while she wants to keep appearances up, she secretly has a soft spot for Chouji. And if she sets her vanity side for a while, the two really can end up as a good couple. :amuse

29. ShounenSuki

I hope they get together ^^ they make a cute couple
    Hopefully Ino will become chubby as well ^^

30. CrazyMoronX

I don't think the manga world could handle it. I mean, a fat guy with an attractive woman? Unheard of.

I don't think it will ever happen. Let's face it, sex sells, but fat sex is something joked about on sitcoms.