1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone held out?

Discussion in 'Konoha TV' started by cognitivedissonance, Oct 14, 2006.

1. cognitivedissonance

If we assume for the sake of arguments that this i the last arc, is there anyone out there who held out and didn't read the manga?

Are you excited that all your "gaman" finally paid off?:laugh

Tags:
  2. Sasuke X

I try to stay away from manga. The only Naruto manga I've ever touched is...

Spoiler:
    The chapters where Sasuke returned. I was well aware that I wouldn't be seeing Sasuke in the anime anytime soon, so I decided to check out the chapters where Sasuke came back into the story.

I don't care for Naruto as much as I used to, not that it's really surprising after going so long without watching Naruto. If the anime doesn't get back on track soon...well, I'll probably lose all interest in the show.

3. KOJ

I managed to hold out till about 3 weeks ago. Then downloaded chapter 322 just to see what's happening in the manga world. But other than that, i'm trying to save all my excitement for the anime.

4. Undomiel

I couldn't stay away from the manga but I say Bravo to the people who did! You have a strong mental.

5. Konoha

well ive seen all the anime from episode 1 til now but sometimes i check the manga

6. Catterix

I read up until about chapter 260 back in May of 2004 because I couldn't download the anime so I just read the manga without knowing there was going to be filler.

However, I stopped reading the manga to catch up with the anime and realised that it was going into filler, so I stopped reading the manga altogether to wait. Still waiting...

So in a sense, I have read the manga, but I didn't give up and read it, so I'm still hanging on tight, all I know now is just how good the Part 2 storyline is lol.

7. ☆Indigo☆

Wow...I'd never be able to do that. xDD I actually head for the manga as soon as I catch up to any anime...even if the anime is in the middle of a canon storyline. The only manga I haven't done that with yet is Inu Yasha, because I can't find a place with scanlations of Inu Yasha and the American version is so far behind. ><

8. Relix

Hah... I managed to hold out for a LOONG while and still have, I've only read
    Spoiler:
    the Kakashi Gaiden all the way to the Naruto vs Itachi fight
    . Actually, I have all the manga chapters downloaded... but I still have hope Part 2 ever starts. Besides, I have a LOT of anime that is keeping me busy while Part 2 comes.....

9. KittyB

I couldn't resist... :( When I found out that the 90 min special wasn't KG I was so depressed and went to read KG in the manga. Then read everything from there on till the current chapter ><

10. Tanrim

I've held out for a most part. I did read a few chapters but that's it. Then again, I haven't been waiting a really long time like some people. Seen every episode though and don't plan on getting into the manga much till later unless of course the fillers go for another year then I might say to hell with it.

11. Masaki

I had given up at one point, but I was too lazy to look for the manga chapters.

12. The Beast Within

I cant understand, how people, that read in this forum, cant read the manga.
    There are so many idiots with part 2-spoilers in their sigs or avatars...if i hadnt read the manga, these guys would have totally ruined everything for me.

And yeah, i read the manga. I already forgot the details about the beginning of part 2, so i?ll get my enjoyment, when the anime catches up. Also, there are several scenes in the part 2-story, where i heavily expect the anime to bring kind of filler...but good filler, that extend hardly shown battles, just like TenTen vs. Temari within the Chunnin exam-arc.

14. Chinatown Jigglypuff

Well... I've only read Kakashi Gaiden, and that only because my friend forced me to. (My friend that is obsessed with Obito. Well, I'm obsessed with him now too, so I can't exactly talk. :amuse )
    I don't regret reading KG, because it doesn't really spoil anything important within the show. However, I haven't touched anything besides that. I want to be surprised by what happens in the anime. That's the way I am, though. Anime first, then Manga for greater clarity/understanding.
    Although, I must say, this has had a downside... namely, me reading through every manga chapter and watching every episode (yes, even filler) at least 3 times.
    I admit, I've browsed Konoha Library, and from what little bits I've caught, Part 2 is going to go beyond my wildest expectations! I can't wait until it starts up in the anime again. ^~^
    I don't mind filler, but I crave for more Sasuke Naruto battelz. (:notrust and it'd better be good this time.)

15. .cHaosZ!

Its really hard after more then a year fillers to wait for Part 2

16. cognitivedissonance

I broke down and read the manga during the curry arc i think...sadly that one wasnt even very bad compared to many of them.

At least part 2 is amazing. I still regret reading Bleach during the fillers because I was pretty disappointed (my opinion dont flame me).

18. Broleta

19. Ben Dover

lol, no way, don't have what it takes I guess^^

20. geG

Heh, I started reading the manga as soon as I finished with Part 1 in the anime.

21. Catterix

I agree. As one who doesn't read the manga, its so irritating when people leave spoilers or have pictures in their signatures. Annoyingly I'm very good at putting two and two together, so I've already formed many of the storylines in my mind already; I just don't know how right they are.

Its irritating, but because you never know exactly how much has been spoiled for you, you don't really want to turn to the manga for the sake of it in case reading the manga spoils even more for you. I just can't watch an anime after reading the manga version of it first, it just loses all interest, whereas vice versa, I still enjoy reading the manga after having seen the anime.

22. Jenna Berry

I was reading the manga about a year and a half before I watched the subbed anime =\

But if I was an anime watcher first, I'd most likely move onto the manga when the fillers started. Fillers can't satisfy my craving for Naruto.

23. Purgatory

Ironically, I've been with the subs through all the fillers waiting for part 2, and I'm still gonna be waiting, no matter how shitty the filler arcs are, I'll still watch it. Not because I like 'em, just because I wanna see what crap they come up with.

24. dora ♥

I didn't. I read all the manga. I'm waiting for Part II to come out in the anime.

25. Ritzbitz8

I cracked and went to the manga a while ago sadly... i just dont find it as good as the animated episodes but its better than filler.

26. Squire of Fate

Nope since I always read the manga after the anime of every series (if the series has a manga that is).

27. Slicer

I didn't originally want to read the manga but eventually I got sick of the fillers and started reading around episode 192. I read like 2 chapters a week and I'm at the 2nd Arc of Part 2 and it's real good:)

28. bubble_lord

I still watch every filler with low expectation and come out enjoying them. So they haven't made me pick up the manga, as I read it before fillers anyway.

29. momolade

i lasted about a month . now i dont even bother to d/l the anime. though i did make an exception for the new opening.

30. Nezo

I stopped reading the manga right when the fillers started, and I am proud of it and looking forward to when the anime gets to the point that I don't know what's going to happen next in the story. I enjoyed the first 74 eps of Naruto the most, because I hadn't read the manga beforehand. I'm hoping it will be like that again.