1. The first My Hero Academia Banner Contest is here! We are pleased to invite you to participate.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hello Guest,

The Konoha Country Club is hosting its first Poetry Competition!
    The theme of the competition is "What does friendship mean to you?"

If you are interested in entering, please click here.

-- NarutoForums Staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

6. Give NF the love she deserves! Join the NF-chan drawing contest and draw NF as NF-chan now!
    Earn some prizes... and maybe hugs and kisses from the forum herself?!
    CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  7. [​IMG]

House of Uzumaki has a new banner contest! Please, check here for details and PM your vote.

Dismiss Notice

Are the Best soccer clubs in the world concentrated in Europe?

Discussion in 'Sports Bar' started by Cassius the Greatest, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Cassius the Greatest The MFing BOSS

The biggest and most famous clubs in the world, with the best soccer players, the most amount of money, are situated in Europe.
    Clubs such as - Barcelona, AC Milan, Manchester United, Arsenal, Lyon, Juventus, Real Madrid, Bayer Munich, so on and so forth...

Are they really the best though, if they played foreign clubs from countries such as, Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, Japan, and some others, would they come out on top?

What do you say?

Tags:
  2. Cassius the Greatest The MFing BOSS

3. ApuLunas Frostmourne Hungers grs grs...

4. Dio Brando MADAO

5. GunningForGlory GunningForGlory

i would have to say yes, hecne why most of the worlds best players are currently playing for a european club.

6. Arios Well-Known Member

European clubs don't necessarily produce the best talents but they certainly do provide the better wages, competitions and general opportunities for fame than any player will be able to achieve outside of Europe.

So do European clubs have the best players? Not necessarily (yet anyway)
    Are they the best clubs? I would say definitely

7. Yakuza Banned

We provide the best talent, but we also provide the worse service.

Brazil and the other countries will never challenge European football unless the corruption is taken out from our football, so that means, by the year of 8967809678 AD, we might have a chance of competing head-to-head with Europe...

8. Spanish Hoffkage Lol. Kisame

85% of the world's best clubs are european.

9. Undercovermc [|]

The answer to the question posed in this threads title is Yes for reasons already stated.

10. Spanish Hoffkage Lol. Kisame

My head explodes when I see the word soccer :(

11. Brutalis9 Member

12. Cassius the Greatest The MFing BOSS

These are just some real numbers that prove South American Clubs are better than European Clubs - These are the results of the [World Club Championships since it started in 1960. The best club from Europe plays the best one in South America..
    Top 4

1-Argentina-9 cups-(1967, 1968, 1973, 1977, 1984, 1986, 1994, 2000, 2003)
    2- Brazil- 8 cups-(1962, 1963, 1981, 1983, 1992, 1993, 2005, 2006)
    3- Italy - 7 cups-(1964, 1965, 1969, 1985, 1989, 1990, 1996)
    4- Uruguay 6cups- (1961, 1966, 1971, 1980, 1982, 1988)

by continent

South America- 15 teams 4 countries 24 cups
    Europe- 12 teams 7 countries 21 cups

So there is no argument, south america not only provides the best players but also the best clubs in the world.
    Europe is just overated...

Last edited: Jun 8, 2007
  13. PlayStation CAPTAIN MARVELOUS

Cassius, The World Club Championships is not a very competitive competition. The clubs in the European Champions League are generally far better than the teams that participate in that. The European club that plays in that is not necessarily the best team in Europe, just the winner of the European Champions League often due to circumstance.

15. GunningForGlory GunningForGlory

are you honestly trying to say that clubs from Uruguay *no offence* are better then the likes of United, Arsenal, Liverpool etc.?!

16. sj2k Official NF Red Sox Fan

this, forgive an american, reminds me of baseball here. The best teams in the world are in america, the best players come to america. Same thing with europe.

17. Arachnia Manchester United Fan

No1 takes that competition seriously in Europe... And yes Europe has the best FOOTBALL clubs in the world

18. Cassius the Greatest The MFing BOSS

People people, when are you gonna open your eyes and realize that south america is way better..
    UEFA champions league is a very serious competition, and the winner is the BEST European club that year, like Barcelona (with Ronaldinho) was the champion last year, and the year before that was liverpol..
    So the best in europe, plays the best in South Amrica
    And incredibly enough, South American Clubs usually come out on top.
    Just like the last two years when two different Brazilian clubs, beat Barcelona(2006) and Liverpol (2005).
    The World club championship is very competitive because it defines the best club in the world that year. When you watch the games you can just see how much those guys wanna win and be know as the best club in the world.

19. Cassius the Greatest The MFing BOSS

Uruguay may not be all that good now, but they used to be great. they do have 2 world cup titles, and theyre 4th in number of world club cups.
    Real Madrid with the best known players in the world, went to the USA and played a match against one of their crappy teams and almost lost(tied game)

But no right now I don think teams from uruguay are better than Arsenal liverpool etc, but there is absolutely no doubt that team such as Santos (who brought us pele and robinho) Sao Paulo (kaka, Cicinho) Internacional (Dunga) from brazil, and Boca Juniors (maradona), indepiendente, River Plate from Argentina, ARE BETTER, MUCH BETTER than ANY club in europe

20. Yakuza Banned

Im from Brazil and I live in Europe, so I have the chance to watch all leagues related to both continents....

Teams in Europe are far superior than in South America....

Although the statistics don't lie, is true, we won more club championship than europeans clubs, you cannot argue over whos best by comparing who won more.... It was a 1 game only, a final, the best team on the day won.....

So, you are telling me that Internacional are better than Barcelona??? Sao Paulo Better than Liverpool???
    Im sorry but no......

Put this way, how do you think Boca/ River/ Sao Paulo/ Santos/ Gremio & Internacional (currently, the best teams in south america) would do if competing in the Premier League??? or La Liga???

I guarantee yo they wouldn't win it.... maybe clinch a Uefa Cup, or at the most 4th place CL play-off....

One thing I can clearly say that the top south american teams I mentioned are far better than many teams in Europe, but against the top dogs... no chance..

I would love if it was true, our teams competing with eurpoeans head-to-head.... but no, we ain't better....

21. Cassius the Greatest The MFing BOSS

@Dheano- And I will have to disagree with you too. Even though it was just one game, it was THE GAME. If Internacional and Sao Paulo were able to beat Liverpool and Barcelona, what makes you think they wont be able to beat the rest?

A few more facts then- 1997 Copa Centenario in Brazil, who played? Benfica, AC Milan(was currently the best in Europe), River Plate, Corinthians, Atletico MG, Cruzeiro, Palmeras, America MG, Gremio.

The winner - Atletico MG
    2nd - Cruzeiro
    Ps: neither of the european clubs was able to win even one of the 8 matches they played)
    Torneio de Cadiz (Espanha)
    Ramon de Carranza (Espanha)

Under 21 category- Tournament in Italy (Gradisca) Atletico MG Champion two times in a roll.
    Once versus Juventus in the finals, and once vs Intermilan.

Terborg Tournament in Holand- Winner Atletico MG
    Ennepetal Tournament (germany) - Winner Atletico Mineiro

And thats just ONE team in Brazil

22. Woofie Coordinator

When non-European clubs basically export all their best players to Europe at the earliest opportunity, it's difficult to see how they could possibly be better.

23. Undercovermc [|]

When a player in Europe talks of winning it all, The World Clup Championship is not mentioned. The top cup internationally is The World Cup and the top cup on a club level is The EUFA Champions League. The majority of players and clubs are not that interested in The World Clup Championship. If a team wins The EUFA Champions League that is the highlight of their season not the participation in or the chance of winning The World Clup Championship, that will follow. It is obvious that the best clubs in the world are in fact in Europe.

24. Aokiji Well-Known Member

25. Cassius the Greatest The MFing BOSS

All you people have are your biased opinions, and nothing to support it... Im bringing not only my own opinions but also facts to the table.

So far I havent seen NOTHING that proves me wrong

26. Serp Prince Mod Targaryen

:oh and the answer is yes they are

27. Cassius the Greatest The MFing BOSS

Its obvious that European Clubs are more concerned about the UEFA than any other championship. The UEFA is a lot longer, and its got rivals all over Europe facing each other all the time, where the world club is only one game. However it doesn mean that the clubs think that the World Club Championship is unimportant.
    If the club wins that ONE game, they will be known as THE BEST of the WHOLE DAMN WORLD(not just europe). Or do you think theyll go that far just to lose? they d sweat blood if they had to, to win the games. both finalists

And when it comes to the best in europe playing the best in south america,
    We win. Europe may have allstar clubs, and more money than they can spend. But us from south america have heart, and union amongst the players.. not to mention greater skill.
    The only thing europe beat us at is the money and media coverage. But money and tv don win no games.

28. sel Agatha, This is Magnus

Europe, mainly because of the influx of south american players. Look at Brasil. Of the 2007 Copa America Squad, only 4 played for Brasillian clubs out of the 22, 3 for Sao Paolo and one for Santos (Ze Roberto who is now back at Munich)

29. GunningForGlory GunningForGlory

isn't the world club championship are held at the end of the european season? when teams are more or less wiped out due to fatigue?! Teams that have played their way to the CL Final, are very likely not to take their 'A' game to the european Club Championships!

30. Nemesis The Sith Lord Moderator

Flag:
    Sokovia
    The world club chapionships are played in December which is in the middle of european season (basically for england it is the busiest time). And yes the past 2 seasons South american teams have won it I'll give you that but 2 seasons ago the only won through the biggest fluke ever when liverpool had perfect goals disallowed and basically bossed them for 80 minutes and easily could have won by 5+ goals.

Barcelona this year were by far the best side but lost through bad luck as well. My Oppinion is that yes the best clubs ARE in europe they generate the most money through Sponsorship and TV deals so they attract the best players which in turn gives them the best clubs... No offense to south american teams but if they did try their luck in Champions league i don't think in the end they could handle it and rarely be able to reach the top 2 of any group.