1. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Santi would like to notify you guys about The Alley Banner Contest
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We invite you to join two banner contests in  New Leaf and Naruto Battledome.

Dismiss Notice

Are Villains actually stronger than what we see? Nerfed villains?

Discussion in 'My Hero Academia' started by pumkin1988, Nov 1, 2018.

1. pumkin1988 Well-Known Member

So forgive my ignorance if this topic has been discussed about or I have totally outdated information as ai only watch the anime. My original thread was going to be about the Movie Enhancement headband and why exactly wouldnt you want a person like AM to have it? Hell, even if you say he lost his powers and is technically Quirkless now you can give it to Endeavor who is now #1 Hero and has performed even greater Hero and reacue abilities than AM. I believe the headband is just an accessory or a helper of said power like Bakus gauntlets or Urakaras boots. JUST WHY is it "bad"?

Then this got me to thinking about Hero equipment. AM seemingly has a suit that does nothing other than is durable enough to fight with and matches his size. At least Deku's suit has a purpose minus his facemask. Baku has gauntlets. Lida has Ingenum armor. The list goes on and on...
    I dont believe anybody believes a hero fighting naked is 100% their power and would agree that their suit enhances their powers BUT is also apart of their powers. Im not really trying to debate that though in this thread (i.e. Is edo tensei truly apart of Orochimarus powerlevel? Can kyuubi be considered Madarras power? as examples)

BUT VILLAINS!???
    For example Shiga doesnt seem to have a suit for any purpose. Does that mean if he fights Deku he is technically nerfed? Deku has tons of equipment enhancements for his suit. Wouldnt it be nice for Dabi to wear heat and temp resistant or enhancement clothes like Todo? If Baku fights a villain with his gauntlets but the vilain has no suit then does that mean Baku isnt really stronger? Its obvious Baku naked vs Baku with gauntlets is a VERY different fighter and also in power level.

Someone like electric boy is basically useless without his discs and suit. Same goes for Earplug girl I also believe since I believe the suit is what makes her enhancements powerful and useful vs villains.
    What are your thoughts on this? Shouldnt villains get enhanced suits as well and as of now have we just seen nerfed villains?

Tags:
  2. Tenma The Inferno

This is compensated by heroes fighting to subdue (as well as limiting public damages) while villains have no qualms with using lethal force

3. SoulFire! Venerable Sage Moderator

The heroes do have the advantage of having departments devoted to creating tech to enhance their abilities. There may be a few folks doing the same for villains, but it is hardly as organized and funded. So yes, I think the heroes have an advantage there.

4. Kellogem Well-Known Member

It'd make a good arc if some shady rich motherfucker would start so supply villains with all sort of weapons in hope of the competition making him profit..

but yeah, villains can go for the kill, thats their advantage over the heroes balancing out their shittier equipment.

5. Fleet Admiral Akainu A.K.A. Frank Grimes

The LOV is supplied with an arms dealer and were prepped with equipment before they attacked UA at the camp trip.

Whatever equipment they may or not have is entirely optional. But I cant address how much "help" shigashinki requires both physically and mentally.

6. Yak Well-Known Member

There are examples of villains using gear and accesoires that amplify their quirks or fighting style. Toga for example with her syringes and stuff. Twice's outfit has a fit-in measuring tape helping him take measures and judge sizes better which helps him with his cloning. There are others, I'm sure.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Fleet Admiral Akainu A.K.A. Frank Grimes

Mutard also had a gas mask and gun. Muscular wore a glass eye they gave him. Shigaraki takes special meds for his mental disability etc

8. SoulFire! Venerable Sage Moderator

I don't recall this--getting meds from that suspicious AFO Dr?

9. Fleet Admiral Akainu A.K.A. Frank Grimes

10. SoulFire! Venerable Sage Moderator