1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Are you concerned that people are going to think that Naruto jumped the shark?

Discussion in 'Konoha TV' started by lollerskater, Nov 22, 2005.

1. lollerskater

I think that a lot of people might not realize that all of these arcs are filler, so they're just going to assume that the show had lost its touch and jumped the shark. They might not realize that the show will pick up and be just as entertaining as ever when it rejoins the manga.

Tags:
  2. Ikke AshLEE

I think even some of the people that know the extra arcs are filler have lost some respect for the anime, which may be the equivalent to jumping the shark, which is an expression I never understood.

3. Christen

Some are even starting to read the manga.

4. Weltallgaia

The phrase refers to a scene in a three-part episode of the American TV series Happy Days first broadcast on September 20, 1977. In the "Hollywood" episode, Fonzie (wearing swim trunks and his trademark leather jacket) jumps over a shark while water skiing.

5. TheChoji

6. Kashama

Even so, would it really matter? i guess the worst that could happen is dattebayo seeing a huhge loss of interest in subs, so they stop subbing, but since we don't pay for the anime or anything like that it's not like Kishimoto is going to make them halt the anime.

7. lollerskater

Yup, and at that point, pretty much everyone knew that Happy Days had become stale and things were only going to go downhill from there.

That's why "jumped the shark" is used as a way of saying that a show is no longer good.

8. Zorokiller

Dattebayo is makin fun of naruto right now, think they like bleach more now, I don't blame them. garbage fillers..

9. hakke

For guys that have Naruto as their priority, Dattebayo sure sound like whiny children bashing Naruto like that, like they dont know better... like one day just a few weeks ago, one said "OMG this new series Bleach is SOOOO much cooler, lets sub it" like its actually better than Naruto as a series. pfft.

10. Shishou

It should give us all back our faith in the series.

11. The O RLY Factor

I still have plenty of faith in the series. Just not in the fillers. Apparantly the ratings for the show in Japan are still doing well, so it should be able to make it to April. Hopefully cartoon network won't even bother with the fillers when it gets to that point here.

12. Kabuto_o

I've thought about the same thing. People who only follows the anime will probably think Naruto have become bad and too unserious, not the best animation/arts on top of that. I don't hope people will think that way, people who are completely unaware that they are fillers.

13. Alia_Atreides

Well, I guess that if they were loosing audience, they would try better episodes... So, I hope people complain a lot!

14. Sesqoo

15. Soluzar

If I hadn't known ahead of time that the current episodes would mainly be filler, then I would have lost a lot of respect for this anime. As it is, I'm not sure how I feel about it anymore. I'm very much enjoying the manga, though.

I only started reading the manga because I wanted a new fix of Naruto other than fillers. I've not completely caught up, yet.

16. Ainsin

I'm actually contemplating starting to read the manga. The Naruto fillers have left a bad taste in my mouth. I have lost a lot of interest in the series. I'm sure Naruto will be priority #1 once the fillers are over. I just love the series too much to give up on it totally.

I'm too ashamed to give my friends the Naruto fillers. They think the series is pretty cool, and they want more. I just told them that the series is 'taking a break' or 'it's the end of the season'.

I'm so bored right now, I'm actually starting to download One Piece episodes... from #1... only ?160 episodes to go :p

17. Megaharrison Retired Staff

Firstly I don't care what other people think. Secondly, the people that I know that just watch the anime are well aware that they are fillers....The poor quality makes it obvious.

18. xeno

The special messege on the DB version of one of the first filler episodes says that all of these are fillers and will continue till April, so there's no excuse for them not knowing they are fillers. And yes, the manga fills my fix of Naruto I need.

19. teejay2k5

Well, we don't want to happen to Naruto what happened to Rurouni Kenshin back in the day. They did the whole filler thing when the anime caught up with the manga, and it was so horrible that people stopped watching and they cancelled the anime before it could go back to following the manga...

20. Ikke AshLEE

Nah, don't see that happening with Naruto, considering its massive popularity. And everyone keeps mentioning that Naruto anime ratings are virtually the same during this filler season as they'd be following the manga, so I don't think we have to worry about something bad happening to it. We'll just have to somehow survive filler seasons.

Btw, thanks for the "jump the shark" explanations, Weltallgaia-san and lollerskater-san. ^.^;;

21. Mibu Clan

I havent lost respect for it, as Im not seeing it and will resee it after they are back on track.

22. Kaki

Yea, pepole don't like the poor exicution of a looong filler arc.....

23. mistergin

dont' see it, if they think so, tell them to read the manga til they're caught up ;)

24. dualblade

i just think these fillers are such a missed opportunity to tell other background stories. we know naruto, gaara, and sasuke's history but not alot of the other characters'.

even if they just did decent missions that didn't move the storyline, that wouldn't be so bad. it's almost like they're dedicated to making the fillers a joke, and the animation team senses it and does a terrible job

25. Kaki

Background stories should pretty much come from the manga.......

26. lollerskater

I'm not talking about the fansub community, I'm referring to the Japanese audience. If they don't realize that the anime is in filler mode, the show might lose ratings permanently because the fans will think the show is no longer going to be good.

27. Banzai_Jimi-Hens_Groupie

i dont know what id do without a naruto fix... i mean i feel bad and all that i ditched the anime at the first sign of impending doom (about 150 something i guess it was) but really now, it was so trashy it was unbearable.... i need manga to supplement my weekly manga dosage or else ill go and do a gatts from berserk. they'd best get back on track by april or im getting on that plane to sunny japan and beating the shit out of some dumb producers

28. uncanny_sama

i know for a fact that that will happen
    even when i watched the show before i started reading the manga i thought the race in the tea country was part of the story eventhough i thought it felt weird cuz just a few episodes before they where fighting oro and shit and now nothing but a lame mission it didnt make any sense to me but i though neh what ever

and then i read the manga and all the pieces fell together

there are people out there that dont know these are fillers
    and i feel sorry fot them

29. Megaharrison Retired Staff

I know of some who don't know this is filler and many others who realize it by the sheer crappiness of it.

30. zounds-_

I mean the filler team, makes Naruto acting stupidier than he actually is. Which is _annoying_.

Secondly there is no development at all. They just go around and failing missions all the time heh ;p.