1. AAB SEASON THREE

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Anime Awards for 2017 final part commences with the main awards! Please leave a vote or comment in one of the following competition threads!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Dismiss Notice

[Resolved] Are you fucking kidding me? Why so suppressive? AGAIN!

Discussion in 'Questions & Complaints' started by Vegeta, May 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vegeta Cunt

You just close my thread when I have a legit gripe, don't give me any true answer and just close it so I cannot reply?

FFS this is bullshit tactics that is just leading to the creation of dissent.

Legit fuck you @White Wolf

Tags:
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  2. White Wolf Super Moderator

Okay,

That is objectively false, unless your perception of harm is merely associated with the end result and not everything that happened up until then.

When both users and staff devolve into needing to throw insults at one another to feel accomplished on a Best Poster contest on a silly little forum -- you can definitely know that harm has been done. Taking something so meaningless so seriously is unhealthy, both for the people involved and for the forum as a whole, and trying to dismiss it as 'lol no harm done' is incredulously narrow-minded and distasteful.

These accusations are amusing, yet really ridiculous at the same time.
    > Host meme filled popularity contest for the x-teenth time
    > Hate that it's... doing its job?
    > Hahah power trip plan failed of having a successful contest shut it down.
    Really?

You think the purpose of it was what? To give fancy pixels to Staff's favorites? You think anyone needs a charade of a contest to do such a thing -- do you not have a fancy pixel perk yourself when this is your first time stepping into any sort of Contest on NF in how many years?

One thing that should be painfully obvious to you and anyone else; staff are just people, if they like A, B, C more than X, Y, Z that's on them... just because someone didn't vote for your favorite and the whole thing is rigged? That logic would have a hard time passing even in an elementary school.

The desire was for the whole forum to participate, and have a good time, shitposting and all that jazz. And had people been able to leave the personal shit slinging out of it -- it would've remained open; yet that's clearly not how things went down.

The insults outweighed any resemblance of fun time shitposting, thread banning half the posters including one of the ''Best Poster'' candidates, that's an option when there's one or two bad eggs in the basket, but when the whole chicken coop is going rancid, you can only shut it down and try again another time.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  3. Ashi Ka-Ka!

Nah I'm with the mods this time, sorry.

Everything was hunky dory till a couple clowns decided to make everybody laugh with their "humor," in addition to shilling themselves and disrupt the flow of the contest

They had no defense outside of a desperate "U NIGGAS MAD *talking head emote spam for the 80th time*" and were enabling and jerking eachother off ad nauseum

That was getting ugly, and I'm glad it was shut down.

Last edited: May 31, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  4. Vegeta Cunt

So, fucking moderate the post without blowing up the threads, it is fucking simple. Give out warnings to all users and mods. Fucking personally I might add, not this general warning bullshit that accomplishes nothing but inflaming the situation. Point out to users where they are breaking the rules in the warning and ban them if they don't respond. You know, your fucking job?

Yes I have my own little perk you little prick. Check my posts in the contest, check ALL of them. You'll find ONE where I made fun of it. I was trying to participate.

Actually I regularly participate in DB section contest, so fuck off with that veiled personal attack bullshit.

Yes, staff are human, but they shouldn't devolve into monkeys and fling poo back just because the other side did?

Again, just moderate the people breaking the rule, don't punish everyone.

So you'd rather just go "Fuck it" then do your fucking job? Weak.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Vegeta Cunt

Ashi, that is where moderation comes in. You don't kill a cockroach with a bazooka.

6. Ashi Ka-Ka!

So what would want the mods to do.

It's easy to point fingers, it's harder to think of an actual solution.

7. Vegeta Cunt

Warn, Ban, Moderate, it is fucking simple. Fuck, they have this thread ban thing that I didn't have back in the day. They could have used that.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. Mider T VM Rapist

9. Vegeta Cunt

Look, I am not here to argue with you. I am here to point out that they handled the situation terribly which is just going to increase dissent.

10. Ashi Ka-Ka!

Fair, but still they went out of their way to sully the integrity of the competition.

Soooo that's probably why they decided to just scrap it.

11. Vegeta Cunt

12. Ashi Ka-Ka!

I'm with you in that, usually mods tend to favor more excessive measures simply because it breeds immediate results.

Though this time around, I just the see the reasoning as a lot more understandible

Can't argue that, it is subjective in the end.

Last edited: May 31, 2018
  13. Juub Well-Known Member

I called this shit rigged on the first page. They tried to silence me but the people spoke.

14. Vegeta Cunt

Yeah, if that is what you're bringing to this thread, Imma need you to step back.

15. Juub Well-Known Member

What are you talking about? Blade was making a comeback and when he was about to win, it was closed.

Bad way to appear objective.

16. Vegeta Cunt

That isn't what this is about. This is about the heavy handed approach they used, if you want to make your own complaint feel free.

17. Juub Well-Known Member

That’s exactly what I’m saying. Closing the thread was not the solution.

18. Former Obd Lurker. Well-Known Member

19. Vegeta Cunt

If he does, all he is doing is proving my point.

20. Suigetsu Blades Of Chaos

@White Wolf you also dissapointed me, I reported a user that was abusing dislikes and negs towards people and you didnt do nothing. But you guys are really up to the task when it comes to other petty things. Just what the fuck is going on with the mods?

@Vegeta for adminship!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  21. Former Obd Lurker. Well-Known Member

22. Vegeta Cunt

23. Juub Well-Known Member

They tried to moderate but it was too late and perceived to be for the wrong reasons.

24. Suigetsu Blades Of Chaos

You need to show them how it's done. Lest we will be ruled by assholes forever.

Also look, you dont need to keep performing those duties, just be a figure of authority to bring these people under justice when they go on their power trips plz.

25. Benedict Cumberzatch Gold Rays with Neck Ribbon

Flag:
    Denmark
    None of the jokes from the DB section people were humorous. You guys seemed very desperate to come across as jovial and funny, whereas the comedy was nonexistent. Aggressive, puerile, hur hur hur mods suck. Sad.

Plus, it's such pathetic trolling for you to even attempt to gripe about rigging. Everyone in the finals - minus Ava - was from the DB section, and everyone had already won multiple polls. Clearly, there was rigging going on, and clearly - your section lavishly indulged in it.

Why you people care so much about these prizes when more than 90% of the forum didn't participate in voting seems more indicative of shallowness and necessity of feeling approved and liked on a Naruto Forum than a legitimization of merits.

That you're still throwing a temper tantrum is another sign of juvenility. I made a thread complaining about the mods when Aphrodite wasn't able to justify her behavior with the forum rules. Subsequently, Reznor made a thread about renovations on that very subject. What exactly do you want to get out of this thread, Vegeta?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  26. Trinity Astra inclinant Administrator

Hello!

First thing I'd like to point out:

This weakened your argument right away. Saying "FUCK YOU, GUY" at the top of your lungs is not productive even if you want to break his spleen and tear his guts through his anus. And I think you want to be productive by making these threads, no?

Mind you, I'd be mad too if I were you. Let me tell you some things before you jump into your various conclusions and own perceptions of the thing to spell it out clearly for you.

And normally I so stand by your modding philosophy (as my own), but only if the outbursts actually stop. They did not. There were two rounds - not one. Hence why it was shut down.
    The flaming, the outburts between members and staff reached to an all-time high. It boiled over like lava. And it was destructive. Since "NO STOP DOING THAT YOU SIMIANS" at both staff and members involved did not work the time it was said, all communication was stopped in order to the toxicity breeding from the thread alone.

In essence: 1) The staff fucked up. I, the noble idiot, decided to get involved and sling shit in a different way. It was wrong of me. It was wrong of any staff to intervene in a way that wasn't professional (by.. internet mod standards, anyway) and only fueled the fire instead of putting it out.
    2) The fire, however, was not one-sided. There were direct flames and baits that were not only told to stop once, but twice in a matter of hours. And note that it wasn't just one thread when things started up. It was more than just this one--full of complaints and salt from either staff or member. This is not the first time it happened; it just dissolved into this fuckfest.
    3) Because the staff got involved, no thread bans and warnings would cease the roaring fire and flaming pile of shit we and the members created. Thread go boom.

Let me present you to the first attempt at the mod's: "I'm warning you to stop, you hounds."

The warning then happened:

However, the warning was immediately ignored and this happened instead:

Putting threadbans would've caused the dissent you were talking about and we already - as staff - have horrible relations with OBD. So we had to even balance this in the decision to shut it down completely instead of getting numerous complaint threads about being unfair and showing unruly behavior while at it because staff was also in this hellfire.

And to answer your other complaint: we did - privately and publicly - tell staff to calm down. Staff ignored those warnings or were blind to their own behavior (me, specifically obviously fueling the fires):

Here is the actual evidence you can read for yourself:

We can however make an agreement between both members and staff: If you guys promise staff you are not going to go this route again and we promise you we won't tug-o-war with you again, then the threads can be re-opened no matter how much of a shitstain the threads actually are and have been made into.

There needs to be consensus and understanding. If you guys want to respect that there are boundaries in my own section I created that shouldn't be touched, and that we (I guess just me at this point) should respect not to shitfling back, that's fair game.

But if you're only going to just let the cancer spread after being warned once to not proceed with the behavior, it's really truly done until next year.

You call this silence but this was the easiest way. Getting banned from a thread you're already arguing in with another mod/admin/whatever is going to cause you to feel slighted. It's going to make you angry. Locking the entire thing down gives a message that all of you who were involved were treated equally. It lessens the anger toward the individuals that may feel targeted if we threadbanned them one by one. It tells them that mods fucked up, too, and it was chaotic.

Guess what? The chaos stopped. There weren't any SCR threads that were full of rage spouting injustice. It was done and over with. No one cared or gave a shit, they said their piece even if that piece was flaming.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  27. Mider T VM Rapist

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  28. Trinity Astra inclinant Administrator

Before someone counterclaims I'm trying to suck the OBD's entire ass: i'm trying to empathize with it just like I'm trying to empathize with Vegeta and explain to him what went down and why, and that's a different matter that I could not separate from this even at the time.

But I hope you guys understand: we fucked up, some dudes fucked up, but it's better to shut it down than the alternative. Sometimes modding practically and threadbanning people from the shitstorm is practical and sometimes it is not. At this time it wasn't--we reduced shitstirring by this, and put everyone on equal ground and shamed them for their sins. And mine, obviously. Toot toot.

I think people understood that, and I hope they did.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  29. Trinity Astra inclinant Administrator

there are so many typos in this post, i swear if i could give you mod powers just for this thread to edit my single post i would

but alas :(

30. Mider T VM Rapist

:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.