1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Area 88 remake

Discussion in 'Off the Air' started by ydraliskos, Dec 6, 2005.

1. ydraliskos

It's a 2004 remake of the "Area 88" 3 episode OVA, back in 1980 I think.

The old OVA was a great show. In 3 episodes 20 minute episodes it had more plot than say Inuyasha (lol not saying much there) Its theme was war, how it turns humans into things without emotion, viewed from a young pilot, Shin, that wants to return to his lover in Japan POV.

The remake is 12 episodes, VERY beautiful art/animation wise, focuses more on Area 88 itself than Shin, and it's from the point of view of a cool war reporter that arrived on the base.

It stays mostly close to the OVA, although some new characters are there, and some liberties have been taken with the original plot. I won't go into detail about what's there and what's missing, but both are great productions that I'd advise anyone to watch.

The 12ep is readily available for acquisition in the lands of the internet, although I still haven't managed to locate the OVA. Good thing I saw it when I was 10 on greek television.

Tags:
  2. Garfield

I just watched the 2 episodes a few days ago. I have to say that it's the best short series I've read EVER :hurr
    Fighter jets get my heart thumping fast :hurr

3. Monna

Is this that anime about airplanes? No offence, but that was BORING. I'd rather watch Prince of Tennis.

4. Garfield

Anime about tennis > planes??? O_O

Oh damn, I think I just died hearing that.