1. Alley-Chan contest
    Join us in the Alley's anthropomorphizing contest!
    Deadline for entries is on May 31th at 4pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dragon Ball Banner Contest
    Come enter in the Dragon Ball Banner Contest!
    Deadline for entries is June 24 at 12 pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Ares vs. Darkseid

Discussion in 'Comics Battledome' started by Tom Servo, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Tom Servo

vs.

who wins?

Tags:
  2. Huey Freeman

Really tough fight.

Ares has beaten High Father and Hades.

While the strongest version of DS can easily mop the floor with Ares. I don't know how Pre-Crisis would stand up to him . ( Godwave Ares that is)

3. Mr. Black Leg

4. Tom Servo

So what makes Ares a galaxy buster? out of curiosity.

5. Huey Freeman

Beside the fact he killed High Father?

6. Tranquil Fury

Ares has beaten Highfather in a sword fight IIRC, Highfather is'nt famous for his skill. Hades he beat and became the God of Death and War for more power I'll give(may have even rivaled or surpassed Highfather after this). Darkseid, Highfather and Yuga Khan should be the strongest New Gods. Darkseid in some of his incarnations is insane enough to laugh at Ares e.g Great Darkness and Final Crisis. Omega H4X means erased from existence or Darkseid just screws with time/space FTW.

On average Darkseid would punk him, at their best it still goes to Darkseid when you look at his more insane feats like punking Mordru while weakened, threatening to drag reality down with him while dying, creating Brimstone, taking out the Anti-Monitor(weakened a lot though by this point) with his Omega beams, mind controlling billions of Daxamites while simultaneously switching celestial bodies to give them a yellow Sun etc. He also has the Anti-life equation(parts of it) and Soulfire project which lets him gobble up souls to power himself up.

He transmutated Jimmy Olsen into living Kryptonite to take out Superman, he could transmutate something into the New God equivalent if he wanted but that would be a double edged sword. Omega Sanction could work too.

EDIT It's worth pointing out that Darkseid has killed other pantheons of Gods before as well.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  7. Tom Servo

I guess I'm just asking what exactly is it he did that constitutes him being capable of destroying an entire galaxy.

How did he kill him? Aren't new Gods supposed to be Immortal?

(I just started reading Post Crisis comics chronologically I've almost reached the first major story arc "Legends")

8. Lord Raizen

If High Father doesn't have any galaxy level feats, then it's still a bit presumptuous to assume that killing him requires galaxy level power.

As for this match up, I'd give it to Darkseid hands down.