1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Art -Kubo been listening to Deidara? =/

Discussion in 'Bleach' started by Shikamaru-sama, Oct 20, 2006.

1. Shikamaru-sama Been here too long

I stopped reading bleach for a while as i was getting bored but decided to catch up yesterday.

One of the major things i noticed was how poor the quality of the art has gotten. Its all explosions of Reitsu, crude lines and cero's firering into each other. Honestly i had no idea what was going on half of the time and just hoped ofr the best.

Its a shame because during the SS arc one of the best things was the variety and detail of the battles, now its just blood and reitsu.

Maybe i just havnt read Bleach in a long time and its always been like this.

Tags:
  2. Sasori <font color="#8B0000">● GB Genius ●</font>

I don't follow.

3. Last of the Arrancar UNDEAD

show examples of what you mean ... and isn't your complaint more about the fights, because the characters design surely hasn't dropped.

4. Sakura Kaijuu There is only the inevitable

Really? I think the art is still amazing and it's one of the reasons why I read it. I only think it gets better as it goes in terms of the art.

Bleach is pretty. It's one of its major charms.

Where did you start reading again from, anyway? Because I think part of the awesomeness of the SS Arc fights were the shikai and bankai releases and the different sword fights and things.

We haven't seen many new releases lately, Arrancar, Vaizard, or shinigami. But there have been a ton and a half of cero and balla things. Kubo seems to be holding off on the Arrancar releases since Grimmjow's unofficial mission thingie.

5. Dr.Douchebag Terry Wrist

grimmjaw>>> everyone especially in terms of character design

and the SS arc was seemingly more artistic because we had captain releases in different colors :)

wait for the espada releases as espada>captains and captains parents

6. Wrath Mourning

One day when I'm really, really bored, I'm going to go through Bleach and count the number of times we get this panel:

EYES/
    ___/SWORD

My guess? Five kabillion.

7. Wesley Guess who it is!?

Vizard masks and Arrancar releases are boring. Inferior to Zanpakutous which are characters in of themselves. Rukia's Zanpakutou was the last release we saw and hers recieves an over the top portrayal on a regular basis.

8. Shikamaru-sama Been here too long

Well yeah but then the art is going to be prety while the content is exactly the same as the SS arc :p

Wrath - Ill raise you another 5 kabillion to a bajillion.

9. Megaharrison Eternal President of the Cafe Retired Staff

The quality of the art itself is the same as it has been since mid-SS arc. There's no difference really.

If you're upset over the quality of the story or fighting that's another matter, but it has nothing to do with the art.

10. Wrath Mourning

The quality of the art? Perhaps. The style and invention of it? You could make a serious argument for it being worse. There have been more and more layouts and panels that just seem to be recycled, to me.

The last truly outstanding page was Ikkaku going Bankai. There are maybe a couple of others that stood out to me since then.

11. Kisame Banned

I agree the art in Hajime no Ippo and Air gear is way better. But bleach does what it can <.<

12. Last of the Arrancar UNDEAD

One thing I have noticed since In started oloring, the background on the panels is very simplistic. Almost non important, background is used when it has to serve a purpose. Not like the extensive secenery Kishi puts in it.

Offcourse Kishi 's assistants draw the background :p

13. Dimezanime88 Tha Blak Demen

Oh you guys are so underestimating Kubo's art skills! How dare you, especially Shikamaru-sama! Yes his art changed, and it's pretty much noted, ever since the SS arc, but to me I think it was a change for the best. I am an artist personally and I see the amount of work and detail that is put into Kubo's work, and although it looks simple and less chaotic now, trust me when I say that it was a change for the best. Kubo is able to make his releases on time, have appealing artwork, and make his situation (action scenes) more clearer. If you can't figure out what is going on in a scene, you either have a bad eye or are stupid.lol And I haven't read much on Hajime no Ippo or Air Gear, but for what I last saw, all them have different art styles. It's like, comparing Bleach to Naruto. I mean, obviously the mangakas have different style, so if they are different styles (different catagories) how can one be better than the other? It's your personal choice however if you do favor the imagery of one over the other. But do not say that the artist of that other one draws better!!

14. Replica a happy

I think Kubo already said somewhere that he doesn't pull detailed backgrounds so he can give more attention to the characters. If you see almost every panel of a page has no(white) bg. When he wants he can probably do very detailed and beautiful bgs..he certainly has skill.

yeah.. Kishimoto does really immense bgs..like the one with the Akatsuki leader on that statue.

15. Last of the Arrancar UNDEAD

Yes but like I said, Kishi has assistants that also draw backgrounds.

I don't know if Kubo has them.

And I most certainly love the way he draws characters. I´d rather have him put effort in the characters than a background.

16. Sakura Kaijuu There is only the inevitable

I'd imagine he has some assistants. It'd be absolutely insane to have to take care of every little thing for twenty pages of a story a week.

Kubo's art really is much more character focus, but it's gorgeous that way. It's where his talent lies, and he knows it. :laugh

17. Sirexais Licking Master

I agree.

I was just looking through some of the earlier volumes and I think that KT's art has improved, at least for his characters. I like the older versions, but I also like the newer.

18. Shikamaru-sama Been here too long

Ok i dont think people have fully understood what i was talking, my bad for not making myself clear enough. Wrath had it nailed. Style and Invention.

I agree that the characters look good (except those piss poor Hollows that just helped Ichigo and co) and the Espada designs excite me, even if soem fo them are a little cliche and recycled.

But look at the recent battles. My God. Its just explosion of reitsu afetr explosion of reitsu.Its borign and is making panels look...i dont know the word, sloppy? Unitdy? Im not sure.

I remember the days when they used to fight with WEAPONS and there was some beautifully drawn fighting. Now BANG! Cero! BANG! Testuu Whatdyacallit! BANG! Chad Punched Something! etc etc

19. Sakura Kaijuu There is only the inevitable

Well it's probably just that Kubo's been holding off on showing zanpakutou releases so that they don't get too old. I get the feeling that now that they're in Los Noches there'll be a little more sword action. Because in the group there's Ichigo, Rukia, and Renji with swords, and Ishida with his bow. And the Espada and the other Numeros. And Aizen, Gin, and Tousen (though I don't think they'll have much to do with this arc other than possibly some major pwning to kick Ichigo's ass out of their castle).

20. tictactoc can your soul handle it ?

Of course Kubo has assistants lmao. Togashi was the only one working without assistants, and you could say it was true when you read the chapters >___>...
    Oh, and for Kishimoto, I'm pretty sure he drew the akatsuki leader's page alone or with 1/2 assistants, you smell the homage to Otomo on this page.