1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Anime Awards for 2017 final part commences with the main awards! Please leave a vote or comment in one of the following competition threads!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Dismiss Notice

Arthur potential.

Discussion in 'Nanatsu no Taizai' started by Akira1993, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Akira1993 Well-Known Member

How strong can he become with a legendary sword like Escalibur ? Do you think we will see Escalibur in NNT or we will see it in Nakaba's next shonen manga as Arthur being the MC and not Meliodas ?
    Discuss.

Tags:
  2. RavenSupreme Well-Known Member

40k power level. likely with some form of hax

he will become a top tier yet not a god tier

3. mmzrmx Lazy person

He's incredibly young and nowhere near his prime at all. Physically his strength is already eclipsing just about every other human despite being new to battle. Then he has some enormous magic power level + he's also possibly invincible.

It may be saved for the next manga he wanted to do but it's obvious that Arthur will be insanely op. I think Excalibur will be even better than the sacred treasures, so I expect him to be a monster if he starts using it.

He'll surpass Mel and the rest some day,but I'm not sure if it will happen in nnt or in the Knights of the round story that The author wanted to do.

4. Akira1993 Well-Known Member

If He surpass Mel ( not counting Evil Mel because he is a tier on his own ) and the rest, it will be not be in NNT for sure, the last saga of the manga will start soon.
    When he will get the title of " main character " in his own story that he will surpass anyone in the NNT manga.

5. Yak Well-Known Member

Nakaba is imo better off writing a side story or a sequel for Arthur (and by that I mean ten volumes tops) that focuses on him in his adult years and his adventures. But knowing the classic battle shounen recurring theme he has in the series, most of Arthur's strength is gonna come from within and not necessarily from Excalibur. That sword is just going to be a catalyst for his greatness.

If Nakaba is consistent with his legendary hype, Arthur will at least live up to be EoS Mel level if not above.

6. savior2005 Well-Known Member

if he truly is the son of the great escanor, then his potential may be limitless

7. Last of the Arrancar UNDEAD

This would only be possible if Escanor was based on Uther Pendragon. The problem is that Escanor seems to have zero in common with Uther.

There is however Ambrosius Aurelius (in Welsh Emrys Wledig), Uther's brother, who is the basis of another character in arthurian legend called Merlin Ambrosius ( in Welsh: Myrddin Emrys ), Emrys meaning immortal, which is what Merlin seems to be, and Aurelius being derived of aureus, meaning golden.

All I get from that is that Nakaba based Escanor on some of Merlin's older names. Which would explain their close relationship. There is no base on either of them being the parent of Arthur though.

8. Yak Well-Known Member

But isn't Escanor already based on his own existing mythical character?

9. Dayscanor The One

There's two Escanors actually, Escanor le Grand who shares his power with Gawain, as in his power maxes out with the sun etc. He gets killed by Gawain for kidnapping Arthur's female cupbearer. And Escanor le beau who is the nephew of the first Escanor who becomes friends with Gawain, but doesn't get killed by him.
    Our Escanor is prolly a mix of the two.

I agree with @Last of the Arrancar, there's little to no links between Escanor and Uther Pendragon.As for Escanor being related to Arthur somehow, I'm fairly sure that he would know it if he had a kid with Merlin or something like that. Unless she did it behind his back or something which is way too shady.

I'm not even sure if Nakaba is going to have the same origin for Arthur in this, it most likely won't be the case since he was conceived through rape. Uther disguised himself as Ygraine's husband and Arthur was conceived, and Merlin played a huge part in the deception since he's the one who made Uther take on the appearance of Ygraine's husband. So as far as shady things go I doubt we could see that happen in the manga, so of course that should apply to Merlin here. Although we still don't know if Arthur was raised by his real father, Uther, or he was adopted by Sir Ector, who also happens to be Kay's father.
    We did see Kay but it's not clear if he's Arthur's real brother, or his adoptive one.I don't think there's enough room in the manga to explore Arthur's past in depth, so if he ever gets his own manga after NnT ends then we could learn more about Arthur and his relatives, like Uther but also Morgan le Fay which I really do hope will be introduced at some point.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  10. Last of the Arrancar UNDEAD

I was just trying to find some connection, but came up empty :p

And we should not even want Nakaba to be too faithfull to the old myths, that shit is depressing ....

11. largewhitebiceps Biggest Biceps in the universe

he could become an upper high tier as an adult

12. redrum

holy necro :dank

anyway, prime arthur w/ excalibur is prolly the strongest human

his potential is noted to be crazy high and excalibur is stupidly broken

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  13. Revan Reborn Redeemed

I just think King Arthur from Mythology.
    His potential is most likely the highest in the series.

14. Orkz an Ork that ate 'hito hito no mi, model : NINGEN?!'

15. redrum

the student always surpasses the master :catsun

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  16. xenos5 Objectionable Objection

Really hard for me to see Arthur even with Excalibur beating Escanor The One. Though I guess we need to see The One's limit (he took out AM Meliodas pretty casually).

And Post Purgatory Ban could potentially still be the strongest human as he doesn't need to rely on a weapon like excalibur (though his sacred weapon he hasn't gotten back yet could potentially give him a very broken ability). If they were to fight Ban could telekinetically snatch Excalibur away from Arthur so he can't use it, even if he wouldn't be able to wield it himself. Or Ban could just stat drain Arthur until he's too weak to properly wield Excalibur.

Ban's previous Stat Drain limit was enough to drain 2 of the 10 commandments to half power (Galan and Merascylla), his post purgatory Stat Drain limit should be far above that. And of course with Hunter Festival he can drain Arthur instantly rather than it being done over a long period of time.

17. Mythoclast Hyper Lethal

He'll be the god tier of humans when he masters Excalibur and unlocks his magic.

18. Dayscanor The One

So much potential, so much winning.:LOS

Also stop necroing old threads, unless it's relevant to the manga.:ohlord

19. TragicDeath Active Member

I think Arthur is gone the end is near in NNT.