1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

As I Sort Of Expected....

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Divinstrosity, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Divinstrosity

Granted, it was still quite a compliment, but the Academy teacher never said that Itachi was the greatest academy student ever. He said:

"No, no...it is nothing. There hasn't be such a genius, such a quality student at the academy ever since. There wasn't much need for my care."

[Triad]​_Bokura​_Ga​_Ita​_-​_15.avi

As some of you may well know, I'm an Itachi fan - however, I do like to stick to the truth. I've heard people say that he was considered the greatest academy student ever; however, unless this translation is wrong, Itachi can't claim that title...

Your thoughts?

Tags:
  2. Futagokage

Maybe in TV says Itachi, or he did not say Itachi to avoid hurting Sasuke's feelings. But great point.

3. Divinstrosity

No, he was definitely referring to Itachi. I just didn't post that part, 'cause it was obvious that I was talking about Itachi...

....in any case, like I stated before, it was still quite a compliment, and to be expected ..... but, not quite what I was told.

4. Hexa

That's a poor translation. It does indeed say that Itachi was the greatest genius in the history of the academy.

5. Divinstrosity

Whoa. Okay, it's been determined. Their has to be a lot more to Itachi than MS, if he was considered to be the finest academy student since it's foundation. I imagine Itachi was considered elite in taijutsu, ninjutsu, and definitely genjutsu.. I mean, that's not far-fetched .... especially if the teacher said he didn't need any guidance from him.

Furthermore, I remember the first time that Sasuke's father took him out to practice the 'fire blowing technique', Sasuke's first attempt didn't pan out too well, and his father said that he wasn't like Itachi. That leads me to believe that Itachi got the technique right on the first attempt.

That's kind of ........ cheesy.....

Heh.

6. Haohmaru

note the fact that itachi really was hiding his true strenght. ever since he was a lil kid. only time he has shown some of his power was to test it out against his own clan, killing them. nobody in the academy or in konoha knows itachis true strenght, maybe nobody. only one who has seen a glimpse of his true power is kisame, thats why hes always respectfull. even he might only know the tip of the iceberg.

7. Woozie

Well duh, he killed one of the strongest, if not the strongest member of Konoha's strongest clan to get MS in the first place :p

People are seriously underestimating Itachi saying it's MS his strength comes from. If anything, he only uses it when he needs something done quickly (or when he wants to torture Sasuke)

8. Hexa

Well, he was considered the best in the academy by at least one academy professor. The professor who praised Itachi didn't look like a powerful ninja himself, so his opinion on the "best ever" might not be that trustworthy.

It's made pretty clear that Itachi was an incredible genius. I don't think we've really seen what he's capable of.

9. Splintered

The fact that he graduated as the *best at age seven is impressive enough (since it looks like most kids start at that age) he also mastered the sharingan at eight. Even using teh sharingan at that age has to be difficult considering some Uchiha members don't even obtain it. There is no way that Itachi could get such high praise just be having a bloodline alone. Look at Hinata, she had and could use her bloodline but wasn't exactly the best ninja ever.

Out of curiosity, I don't remember Itachi's cousin being strong was actually stated. Was it in the databook?

10. Woozie

I'm not sure if there's anything of Shishui in the databook, but it the manga chapter 222, page 7

Uchiha cop: "He was feared as Shishui of the Mirage, and one of the most talented Uchiha...he would have done any mission for the clan"

11. Strength is irrelevant here, it was his best
    friend and Itachi didn't used to have the
    Sharingan always on before he killed the
    clan, so it's safe to say neither did
    Shiusu, especially around his best
    friend. So it was easy to kill him
    "behind-his-back" or in an unexpected sort of
    way. FYI, it's impossible to beat the
    strongest member of a clan if you are in
    that same clan, why? This is because
    -you- would have to be stronger
    then that person in the first place.

Itachi's strength -does- come from his MS,
    especially his regular 3-tomoe Sharingan.
    He learned the Sharingan at an early age,
    therefore all he had to do was *copy*
    his father doing the
    "Katon, Goukakyuu no Jutsu!"
    instead of going through the rigorous
    process Sasuke had to before learning it.
    This is verified as a definite because
    when Sasuke's Father tells him
    to do the technique, he first shows
    it infront of him, which is the exact
    same time Itachi would've copied it.
    Also, simply connecting dots here,
    he was obviously so good in ninjutsu,
    taijutsu, and genjutsu because he copied
    those techniques and as a result, had
    more time to focus in one area because
    he already copied alot of techniques in
    the other two. So he can spend time
    specializing in an area since he didn't have
    to practice things others did at his age,
    especially since he's an Uchiha who
    developed the Sharingan at an early age.
    That's why he was the best
    student since it's foundation, he was the
    strongest of the strongest clan in the
    Leaf Village, arguably in the country.

12. Wrath

Well, it doesn't actually mean anything. Ino was supposed to be the best kunoichi of their generation, after all, and Sakura was supposed to be the girl with a brain and nothing else.

Besides, how long do you think Kakashi actually spent in the academy, considering he was a Genin at age five? He might never have gone to the academy, or he might have been there a week and never taken any tests.

13. geminis

Shishui of the mirage = AL....!!!!

J/P

I was hoping that was the case until we found out his hair color.

Itachi is the shit. I think it is true what Haomaru said, only Kisame has seen Itachi really throw down. Why else would Kisame who's a ruthless killer, be so respectful and follow Itachi. Kisame even seems to admire and care for Itachi in a way.

14. SGLP

Itachi is just a wtfpwner. Nothing new here.

15. Divinstrosity

Are you seriously comparing Ino to Itachi?

I can't believe being called the greatest academy student ever, doesn't have any meaning to you. That clearly mean that you're extremely gifted. Why else would Kishimoto include that, other than to continue to build up Itachi reputation as one of the most fearsome ninja in the Narutoverse?

16. FrostXian

"He's the best jedi of all, he really maybe the chosen one. Oops, he killed us all! =D"

17. Woozie

I doubt that. Shishui was told by the Uchiha police force to keep an eye out on Itachi because of how his "actions and speech were getting stranger than ever", so I do think we could assume he kept his guard up near Itachi.

Even if Itachi did backstab him, killing Konoha's strongest clan in one night is still impressive, especially when Itachi has shown after that he can only do MS several times a day, so at best he could have killed one or few of the strongest members with that, rest he took down with just his more average skills + 3-tomoe sharingan.

Mangekyou Sharingan != 3-tomoe sharingan.

Besides I think it's kind of weird to say his strength comes from sharingan. It's like saying Naruto's strength comes from Kyuubi or that Sakura's strength comes from chakra control...they use the advantages they have.

I doubt that too. IIRC we don't know when Itachi did Goukakyou the first time...it's safe to assume it was much before he graduated from academy 7-years old, just like Sasuke. He only activated sharingan when he was 8.

Also, Fugaku knows how sharingan works. He wouldn't have said Sasuke wasn't on Itachi's level if he knew Itachi used sharingan to copy it.

18. sheshyo

True, and I think we could include Orochimaru and Sasuke in that list as well, and Kakashi possibly. It'd explain why Orochimaru is so terrified by Itachi, and why Sasuke desperately seeks power.

19. Shishi-O

i do get the impression that he was totally in love with itachi's ability, but now, there is sasuke who, while not as good as itachi, is better than everyone else.

fanboyism saved.:)

20. Ok, proven.

I'll let this &...

this contradict themselves but if the
    need to explain is still present then I
    will do it manually.

No, he -mastered- the Sharingan at
    8 years old (-Proof).
    Without the Sharingan all he has is his
    enormous Chakra capacity, which could
    very well be attributed to the fact that
    he's the son of the Captain of the
    Police Force and Fugaku has to be better
    then the rest, just like how Itachi was
    Captain of ANBU.

Well, there is no definitive evidence to
    see if either you or I are right. What I
    have to say for my side is that he
    expected Sasuke to have developed
    the Sharingan already.

21. Splintered

Thanks. It's been well over a year... >_> *goes to reread*

Mirage eh? I guess that means genjutsu?

Not by itself, no. But added to the fact that Itachi seemed to have killed his own clan and joined one the most powerful clans, there is probably a strong correlation.

22. Shisui

He was technically Shunshin no Shisui, as in shunshin no jutsu (that technique that everyone uses to disappear in a flash). So it's probably more a reference to him being a superfast mofo.

23. Splintered

Aha, in the back of mind I totally remember a thread discussion on this topic from long ago but I can't remember the details. Thanks for the info. <3

24. Nahrootoe

Agreed, "the Mirage" is a mistranslation.

As to the topic, I think it's a fair assessment to make that Itachi is exceptional at all of the rudimentary ninja arts.

25. -Scythe-

A little off-topic, but I have been bothered by the fact that Kakashi became a chuunin at the age of 6. That?s almost too incredible. When did his growing stop? Why is he weaker than the sannin? With that kind of development shouldn?t he be like the strongest ninja in the world, or at least in Konoha?

Don?t get me wrong, Kakashi is badass and strong, but I personally think he should be even stronger.

26. Shidoshi

That's merely comparing Ino to the rest of the Rookie 9. Itachi was compared to every ninja who entered the Academy since it's inception.

There's a distinct difference between the two comparisons.

27. Sys

Very well said! I doubt Ino was compared to people like Oro or Kakashi:amuse

I also think that Itachi was already extremely talented before he got the MS. IIRC, he made it to the ANBU before he got it, so I guess his basic skill were already very good. Plus this comment about him being the best academy student ever, I can only guess that we've only seen a glimpse of what he can do.

28. This must be a joke. I'm doubting your
    authenticity, the authenticity of your
    account that is. My guess is that your
    a multiple account created to make
    comments like these so the main account
    can correct them and look better
    (probably to get +reps too).

Nevertheless, I will still waste my time
    proving you wrong. First off, he became
    a Chunin at age 10, but at age 8 he
    had already mastered the Sharingan.
    He has no basic skills, other then
    all the ones he copied by the Sharingan
    (which is fortunately for him, all of them).

People are underestimating his techniques
    and they are going to be dissapionted
    when they see that's all he's got, which
    is alot. He is simply very good at
    what he does, such as one-handed
    seals and being a strategist. He knows
    how to both manipulate his Chakra for
    fire & water (Which is quite obvious,
    since he always has his Sharingan on
    and he is partnered with Kisame, a fish dude).

Conclusion: He was put in a dangerous
    situation at a young age which caused
    him to develop the Sharingan. After that,
    he copied alot of nin/tai/gen jutsus
    and was able to progress -much- faster
    then the average. He got the 3rd-tomoe
    sometime around when he "his words
    and actions became strange" from
    forming his resolve, much the same
    way Sasuke acquired his. After that,
    he reads scroll of the Uchiha History
    and does kill his best friend, Shishui.

29. Sys

Oh my god, am I fake? Hmmm..... just no. For god's sake (why am I saying this, I am an atheist) I have only had one account on this board, I don't even understand why you're accusing me of having multiple accounts.

Now, I didn't read your explanation, since I could very well be wrong about what I said. It's been a long time since I've read those chapters. But I do believe that, wether it's due to sharingan or not, Itachi's strength is not only due to the MS. Disagree if you want, but that's my opinion.

30. Magenkou Sasuke

Wow.........after reading some of your posts the latter half of your name sounds so appropriate.

I do love how you have been making all these long posts and yet have put NO PROOF IN WHAT SO EVER. The only facts you have stated are that he mastered the Sharingan at 8. Which seeing as Sasuke, considered a genius, only ACTIVATED, not mastered, his at 12, only helps prove how incredible Itachi is.

Itachi graduated from the academy at 7, before he mastered the Sharingan or before he even activated it as far as we know. Yet was still considered the best student to pass through there since it's beginning. Now this is after Kakashi (a genius), Jiraiya and Tsunade (legendary Sannin) and Oro (genius only seen every few decades) had passed through. Itachi had been considered better than all these before he had even mastered his Sharingan. How can you say that the Sharingan is all he has?!

You say he got all his jutsu's and skills from Sharingan, yet in the flashback all we see Itachi doing is going out practicing on his own and going on missions. This should give some, or at least more than what you are promoting, evidence that Itachi's skills, or at least some of them, are developed by him.

If you want more proof as to why you are wrong just ask. Or at least give me something to work with argument wise.