1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

As much as I hate to say it

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by R_Lee86, Oct 16, 2006.

1. R_Lee86

Its about time Kishimoto killed of a B list character. Even though Im not too happy about it, I was getting sick of Kishimoto doing nothing with all these characters he had. Yeah I know Asuma's technically not dead yet, but his near death brought him back into the spotlight, for however short of a time that was.

Tags:
  2. Kenny Florian

Yeah it's about time we started see some mortality to these charecters.

3. ComputerFriendly

I also agree. I'm glad that Asuma is alive, but in a small way I wanted him to die.

4. hanyoupup

I agree. Naruto and co. are supposed to be ninja, and all through the series there have been -sometimes subtle- hints on how it's a ninja's job to kill and be killed, to simply be a tool. Despite that, we've yet to see anything of the sort for the Rookie 9 + Gai's Team.

The fight on the bridge with Zabuza and Haku outlined this clearly, but it still seems too optimistic when all things are taken into consideration: There is an evil organization amassing power for some unknown cause. If I was a ninja I feel as though this would be cause to worry and take things seriously.

In my opinion, a Rookie 9 should be killed off soon. I very much doubt this will happen, but I feel as though it would really shock Naruto into the real lives of shinobi, which is what he needs.

5. CrazyMoronX

I've come to terms that no major Konoha ninja will ever die again. I've accepted it, and so should all of us.

I would assume that Asuma will make a 100% recovery, despite all the odds, and that in the future we will see at least 4 other Konoha ninja suffering the same ordeals.

Nobody dies.

6. Kinjishi

Kishi wont kill his characters for the hell of it. this aint dbz. once you die in the narutoverse, its over. u guys should start reading a different manga cause this one is just fine as it is.

7. Tokio_no_Go

I would really prefer to many deaths over to little, and naruto deffinately has to little. It would make the show far more emotional and as long as the deaths are done right it would make the manga alot more interesting as you have the "Omg this character may actually die!" factor.

8. kakoishii

it's not to say that I want people to die, it's just that the way that things are going it would be unrealistic to have no one die. It's like making a movie about WWII and having none of the main characters to die. It's not plausible to have things like that. Naruto is a story about ninjas, and part of a ninja's job is to put his/her life on the line with every mission. Now that everyone is getting higher up in the ranks the possiblity of dying has also gone up, so it would only make sense for somebody to die.

9. Nahrootoe

I agree. Naruto is a manga about ninjas immersed in a world where death lurks on every corner...

So far, Kishimoto has spread the message that while death lurks on every corner, some plot no jutsu rescue team lurks just before.

10. Orofan

I thought Zabuza was more interesting than Azuma.

11. Mider T

Flag:
    United States

If Asuma has a child with Kurenai I think that the Sanbi will be sealed in it but unlike Naruto it will be praised since of how its father and grandfather died. This kid will evantually become a student under Naruto while he is Hokage and will be Konohamaru's succesor.

12. Kiyoshi

You guys are all forgetting one thing. This world lurking with danger bit is not this time period. That was the generation of most of the current Jounin of Kakashi's age group. For the Rookie 9 Konoha has become protective of its ninja, extremely protective. For those of you wishing whole sale slaughter the term would be "wussy".

Tsunade probably spent weeks post Sasuke Rescue crying over a bowels of ice cream for the danger she put them into to. Except for that arc where it was stated there was nobody else, and they thought Sasuke "might" be still a bit unwilling to go, that they suffered the heaviest casaulties. Taking into effect that everyone is back to top shape, well except Asuma currently, every mission in Part 2 involved those best believed fit to survive those missions. So it isn't entirely unrealistic considering that with the following:

*Rescue Sasuke Arc was still in the relative neighborhood of Konoha considering the Genin could travel that distance in a day medical nin and jounin could easialy get to them to give aid once the direction was known, realistically. The high almost deaths is a sign that they weren't prepared but nobody else could go. The Sand arc and Find Sasuke arc avoided death by Chiyo realistically planning the antidote to her knowing Sasori's eventual return and Orochimaru acting more like a cat than a snake with playing with his food.

This Hidan thing, they weren't prepared for either's attack. Asuma gets hurt bad.

We'll see more near and final deaths as our little ninja run into things they aren't prepared for.

13. SGLP

He can kill anyone he wants to after they show something impressive. Asuma didn't do it. Killing him would have been a crime.

14. Aquila

I agree with the topic creator...I mean, I was talking to a few people before the new chapter came out. They thought it was the end of Asuma. I said, "come on, guys, this is Naruto. Something stupid will happen to save him, and that something stupid will probably come in the form of reinforcements or Hidan missing."

Guess who was right?

I'd like it if that didn't happen everytime it came time for a character to almost-die, thank you.

15. kulgan18

The other problem i see is that in naruto there is a lot of characters just standing in the background without any development or character progression. But we are reminded that they are there, constantly. Asuma is one of those characters.

I mean something is got to be done to give purpose to those characters.

16. ~Kaio-Cam~

i wish aa good guy would die already and something cool happens. The miracles are getting old.:(

17. Wolfy

I definately dont want any major characters to die right now, but I do think it's a bit unrealistic that even though they are ninjas and whatnot there has barely been any deaths.
    I'd like to see some more deaths here and there.

18. hanyoupup

Heh, it's funny though. You know that if one of the more major characters were to be killed off the forums would hold a revolt. Damn straight. Still, I'm pro-more deaths. And regarding the time period: Times are alot less dangerous than they were previously -say, the Rock-Leaf war- but it is still a world where shinobi rule all. Having so few -virtually no- deaths is fairly unrealistic. When you think about it, how many people were confirmed dead, either good or bad? Very few.

I also wonder...Whenever a team kicks some baddie's ass and 'wins' are we to assume that they managed to not kill them? I could name quite a few enemies that were so badly pwnt that it is hard to believe they survived, yet there was no ordeal over this. Haku made a point in saying to Naruto that his first kill would cause him turmoil and whatnot, and even offered himself up to be that for him. So in conclusion -it seems as though the bad guys have their asses royal handed to them and then are picked up by someone or other (Anbu?) and thrown in jail/killed. Which makes no sense to me, but I havn't been led to believe othereise. =\

19. Shinnou Genkaku

Kishi needs to show some balls and kill of the Sarutobi, talking about I hear a faint heartbeat...that is pure shit of the bull right there. For those who dont know what that means its means BULLSHIT

20. superflyninjaguy

i say if kishi doesnt show at least 1 wind jutsu of asuma's soon then he needs to actually kill him and make it bloody as hell. cause i mean all we've seen so far from him is his mediocre pimpness chakra blades, and yet we're supposed to believe he's sum uber pimp who was part of the "12 guardians" and sandaime's son!? i say fuk that! show me sum jutsu or kill the douchebag off. XD

21. Futagokage

Yes, Killing someone would make the manga interesting, but the actual shonen tendency dictates that good guys should survive.

I am sad abou Asuma's death, not because he was important, I am sad because he have a great potential, and if he dies, that otential die with him. Because if Kishimoto kill Asuma right now, he will not kill a major character.

Let's face it, Asuma is not important, killing him will only feed our blood thirst but is not like the course of Naruto is going to change. There area lot of more interesting characters that could die and make a bigger impact.

22. Turnip Girl

It'd be nice to see a good guy die for a change. I might even throw a parade if that happens.

23. naruhina26

well remember how the Tomino gundams got such good ratings??

simple because of unexpected yet story related deaths.

Zeta Gundam for example why it was so succesful because of the many unexpected deaths mainly Kamille`s parents, Jerid`s girls etc

24. The Fourth Hokage

I don't think that now is the time to kill them. We still have a civil war in Konoha looming and the potential to expand to other countries and become another world war. I imagine a lot of people would die here and it makes sense to keep some characters around for that. Wars need soldiers to fight them so Kishi can't kill them all now.

25. lazer85

hate to say it? I love to say it, I've been saying it ever since all these characters whose names I can't remember started showing up again, the 2 that are in this new team Asuma (and have been here and there the entire series, I'm sure most of you REAL fans know their names) are enough. Pick 2 of these (gotee guy, scar guy, crow guy, patch guy etc.) and kill the rest. Asuma can stay only if done properly and adds alot of cool to the plot

26. jkingler

Kishimoto needs to read and learn from this article.

^I think that author would write excellent shonen. :oh

27. Sirius

He should learn a bit from prison break, they keep killing characters very suddenly and it keeps the show unexpected.

28. Dennis Pedersen

I want somebody to die, but I don't want anybody to die! Does that make sense? :-/

29. Marsala

30. Franckie

Yes it would, as there's only so much you can stress about danger if everyone always manages to be unscathed.