1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

As much as I'm enjoying Naruto again, I hope Hidan gets a reasonable explanation

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Maxlee, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Maxlee

This chapter was quite funny and entertaining, and the whole manga has been living up again lately. However, in the few moments I try to use my brain, I can't help but to actually go "wtf a living talking head, f*ck off that's not right, that is just jumping the shark".

I still keep comparising the latest chapters with the early days with Haku and Zabuza. Most people here feel everyone got stronger and Haku and Zabuza might die in 1 second if they still lived to this day. I however, think the series is reasonable balanced, for every move there is a counter, every character can get in a bad situation, and so on, and so on. But would it have been okay for Zabuza to be decapitated by Kakashi and then still talk ?

I'm also really wondering how the female Akatsuki and the AK Leader himself can top this.

Ofcourse, the series has to keep introducing more powerful villains each time to keep it a challenge for our loveable heroes. First we had Zabuza and Haku as tough mofo's, then came Oro the snake, then Gaara the evil demon boy, the curse seal dudes and dudettes, and now Akatsuki. Sasori was a frikkin cyborg, Deidara regained a lost arm, and now Hidan the living head.

Ofcourse it's all fantasy. By now, these guys can pretty much do -anything- thanks to their magic chakra. Don't forget Sakon/Ukon, who could merge with their enemies. I still think that was a bit too crazy too. Or Sandaime summoning a "death god" out of nowhere ? Tayuya with her 3 Oni was left unexplained too.

So that's not what I'm trying to say. The series has always been rather crazy, but a talking head might be a bit too much this time, even though it is amusing and entertaining.

Tags:
  2. Marsala

Keep in mind that Hidan is somewhat crappy outside his crazy immortality. Hidan lost to Asuma and Shikamaru. Without Kakuzu there, the fight would be completely over. It's a niche ability that doesn't make Hidan invincible, and it's arguably not as good as Sasori and Orochimaru's near-immortality that also allows them to put themselves back together.

3. RasenganUltimate

I agree completely. the whole idea of Hidan talking while his head is severed is crazy.

4. Naruko Supporting Staff

Sasori, the living, talking, puppet. Hidan's body sprouting, what, all-over make-up during his 'transformation'? Talking animals...chakra...I could go on..

Just go with it, it's a lot more fun that way. If you can't, take a break from the series for a while, go watch some drama and hard core real-action flicks til they get boring, then come back to the fun of fantasy.

5. Megaharrison Retired Staff

Hidan is one of the best 1 on 1 fighters in the series. He would of killed Asuma easily if Shikamaru hadn't been there.

As for why he can survive having his head chopped off, it's obviously connected to his immortality. No other character in the series besides Sasori could do that.

Next chapter is called "the cursed one" apparently. It sounds like it'll explain why Hidan is immortal.

It also should be noted, that Naruto has never been even remotely realistic in any way. It's a fantasy series, and Kishimoto has said before he wanted to do a story about magic and sorcery. He fused magic with ninjas.

6. Naruto674

talking head?......what is going on!? lol

there better be an explanation sooner or later...geez ninjas can go anything nowadays hah

7. Red Viking

Well, it goes without saying that any member of Akatsuki's a freak on some level. It's like a prerequisite or something. Given what we've seen of them so far, a talking severed head is actually pretty normal for them, no matter how fucked up it may be in reality.