1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

[as of 246] Power theories, hollow theories, and parallel theories

Discussion in 'Bleach' started by Sakura Kaijuu, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Sakura Kaijuu There is only the inevitable

All right kids (and I use that term loosely since about half of you are older than me), here we go:

There are only a few relevent pictures to this entire thing. But there are still pictures.

I've lost my mad drawing skillz with my tablet. I've been drawing on real paper again.

Ichigo is in the middle because of the theory that he might be a perfect hybrid. Notice the surprised look on his face.

So. With that out of the way, let me go off on some tangents:

How fine is the line between Vaizard and Arrancar?

We've seen Ichigo almost become a hollow twice. Once with Urahara, and once with the Vaizards.

On a side note, how do other shinigami learn how to meet their zanpakutou spirit things? And how dangerous is it for them to learn if the line really is easy to cross?

----

Possible parallels:

Alliterations aside, Hueco Mundo and Soul Society might have some things in common.

What if...

The hollows who live in Hueco Mundo are like the souls in Rukongai?

No really. What if Nell and her friends are like the average soul in Rukongai? They live there, they can't go between worlds, and they just spend their days trying to keep busy.

Los Noches is essentially Seireitei's parallel?

Seireitei is a big, white, fortified building in the middle of Soul Society. Oh wait. Los Noches is this big, white, fortified building in the middle of Hueco Mundo.

Did Aizen just occupy Los Noches or did he build it? Because it's entirely possible that the strongest Arrancar and hollows have always lived in Los Noches and those are the ones who go between worlds being murderous bastards and the ones that shinigami have to go after.

Ishida is wrong and the spiritrons in the air really stronger than he thinks and regular hollows can survive on them?

We can't take everything he says as a given, after all.

----

Nice Hollows:

Hollows are lonely souls. They became that way because they were left behind by shinigami. They weren't forced to move on to Soul Society or Hell and they got stuck and became monsters over time or were turned into hollows by other hollows. They consider themselves abandoned.

They can't all be entirely deranged, just like all shinigami can't be good. Souls are malleable. Hollows are still souls.

----

Shinigami Theories:

Are shinigami immortal?

Well...Mostly immortal. Do they live forever until they're killed?

Yama-jii is over two thousand years old, Rukia is 150.

It's been theorized before that the souls born in SS replace those lost to Hell to keep the balance. Just because that makes them noble, does that also ensure they'll have spiritual powers?

Ichigo=Kaien?

So, if Ichigo really is Shiba Kaien's reincarnation, could that mean that there are a limited number of souls capable of becoming shinigami? If souls really are just recycled like that, then is there a set number?

AND, related to the last set of questions/theories, if Ichigo is Kaien's reincarnate, and Ichigo is the child of a shinigami, then does that mean that not only are there a limited number of souls capable of becoming shinigami, but also that many of them are nobles in every life?

----

Random Ichigo Theory:

So Ichigo bleeds a lot when he's a shinigami. (I know it's a shounen manga. Bear with me here.) And Rukia explained after the GF fight that injuries sustained as a shinigami hurt more when Ichigo goes back to his body. Let's take any fight from Soul Society. Ichigo vs. Ikkaku for the sake of simplicity. Or even the first Ichigo vs. Renji or Ichigo vs. Byakuya.

Would Ichigo survive the transfer back to his body with shinigami injuries? Would his pain threshold go into overload and send him into shock? Would he die?

I think that's a good number of questions and junk for now. Answers and discussion is highly encouraged. Also anything that'll shoot me down is appreciated. Seriously. :)

Tags:
  2. Marsala The Ice-Cream Man Cometh

Las Noches is probably a new construction. When Aizen first welcomed Ulquiorra and Yammy back, the area was open to the sky with lots of what looked like electric wire or rope hanging from various places.

3. Jh1stgen Active Member

Why cant Rukia draw like you when she is explaining things? XD

This is a very wick'd thread ~ =D

4. FrostXian Messiah With An Attitude

I demand more drawings! :yell

5. Wobbly Active Member

I like the idea that Los Noches is the Hueco Mundo version of Seireitei.
    I have long held the belief that Hollows are misunderstood beings. Just as Shinigami are hardly the nicest people, Hollows are hardly the meanest.

It has been proven that there can be evil Shinigami, so why not the reverse, and say that there can be good Hollows? Hell, the proof is in Nell......

6. Last of the Arrancar UNDEAD

This is very true, if anybody can remember, when Chado met the parakeet kid again in Rukongai, he was living in a makeshift 'family' too. Nell and her brithers are exactly the same, when you are alone, you make a new family with the people you encounter.

I don't know about them not being able to go to the living world, I thought every hollow could do that.

Nell might seem cute and good in 246 , but she may have no hesitations when it comes to eating souls. She'll be like "but they're just humans, they're food" , just like any predator, it isn't evil, but it does kill other things to eat.

Another trail would be that, because HM is an empty desert, there is nothing to eat, and a spirit being would need spiritrons to feed on, it can't just go to the living world and eat pancakes, because that's a material thing, not soul-based. So you have this situation, they desperatly need to feed, and the only source is souls, and damn does it taste nice. Like a gourmet meal.
    Maybe Aizen also created some kind of food for his Numeros. Like a very concentrated spiritron potion. ( since it is likely forbidden that they go to the living world to feed, and they must train sometimes, and get hungry afterwards ).

Also, i hope Nell won´t dissapear for good in the next chapters ( I mean that they leave her behind when they enter Las Noches ), she might become their guide or something. And the longer she stays, the more insight she can give on things.

7. snakeye123 Member

good theory, and wicked pics!!

it doesnt make sense that, if Nell and friends were starving they would constantly run around - wheres their energy come from? and there isnt exactly an abundance of humans to feed off = there must be some lower level of spiritons to feed from, whether its in the atmosphere or provided...

and in terms of nice/horrible souls - in SS before rukia and renji became shiginami there was at least one horrible shop keeper if memory serves, and the rest of their friends died (although that could be from starvation).
    so again this could quite plausably be true in hueco mundo - there are 'nice' hollows that exist. but they just might be defensive in order to survive in that harsh world. = not as obvious

well noted, and a persuasive argument :p

i dont think it can be THAT dangerous, as when Urahara was developing/developed the 'thing' then it wouldn't have been that unknown, whereas I had the feeling it was quite a surprise for the other shiginami. 'spose its a matter of opinion though.