1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Assasination? [285]

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Signy, Nov 24, 2005.

Is Naruto Sai's Target

1. Yeah could be

35 vote(s)
    54.7%
  2. Think you lost the plot

16 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Really couldnt tell

13 vote(s)
    20.3%
  1. Signy New Member

As well all know Sai has been dispatched to Kakashi's team.

Just befor they where due to meet at the gate what apears to be Sai's mentor (think that is what sempai means) he has delivered special orders given directly from Danzo former leader of the dispanded Root section of ANBU.

But what could these orders be?

I believe that sai's mission is to eliminate naruto. Now befor you go "No way you fool!" just take a moment to think about it.

-Danzo was adimant Sai was to join Kakashi's team.

-The elders have been fretting over naruto recently have they shared these worries with Danzo.

-Danzo lives for action he's not one to take risks a military man through and through.

Now lets just try and predict his trail of thought.

-Naruto is a Jinchuriki.

-An orginisation comprised of S-Rank criminals are known to be after the Jinchuriki.

-Akatsukis have attacked the sand village with only two of their memebers, kidnapping a hokage and leaving many of the guards dead.

-Naruto is constantly chasing down Orochimaru thus giving Oro more reason to come after konoha and try to eliminate it again.

If this is indeed Danzo's trail of thought then surley it would be better for the village if the Jinchuriki was eliminated. This mission is the perfect oppertunity they are in a foreign country openly expecting to encounter resistance. Being from ANBU it would be perfectly plausable that Sai could elliminate Naruto and make it look like the enemys doing.

Befor you say its impossible because Naruto is the main character, it could be a failed assasination attempt.

So Is Naruto the target of a ANBU ROOT assasination mission?

Tags:
  2. Madara The Original Uchiha

Call me Narutodamus.

itachi's assistant

A week ahead of you bud.

3. Signy New Member

My bad :(

Nicely Done.

4. Madara The Original Uchiha

It's alright, people thought my ideas were too radical at the time. Now, our theory is getting confirmed by the chapter.

Soon they will flocking to our school.

5. Gunners .

^^^ guess it shows you're like shikamaru thinking many moves ahead:p

6. DragonSlayer Active Member

Actually, I don't think he is aiming to assassinate Naruto.

He'll probably try to do something so Naruto will be useful in some upcoming war. Or then like Akatsuki, the root's mission is to get hold of the Kyuubi. Or maybe they want to do something with Orochimaru like form an alliance and overthrow the current leader(s) of Konoha and then work together for some goal, most likely a war against the other nations. I don't know. Assassination is one option, but I still haven't figured out why it would be the most rational choice. Of course killing Naruto would be good if Danzou wanted to get in favor with the elders. That way he could potentially become the next Hokage.

7. HIMURA KENSHIN New Member

Naruto may be their target, but I doubt if it's the wisest way to do the assasination. If so, Sai must be extremely strong.

8. Madara The Original Uchiha

Signy, I'd like to commend you on this point. I never thought about it and I think it is the nail in the coffin on this issue.

Citizens of Konoha should be alarmed Naruto is continually instigating Orochimaru's wrath.

9. LynnAzure La Maga de los Sue?os

When has Naruto been constantly after Orochimaru's trail? He just got back to Konoha :oh

I mostly agree with DragonSlayer except that I don't think Danzou would be gaining the Elders favour by killing Naruto. They don't seem to want Naruto killed.

10. Gunners .

why orochimaru wants to destroy the village, nothing will change that the diffrence is naruto can help stop that.

11. Dionysus Brandy and Death

So am I the Narumayan calendar designer? :p

Thoguh it's curious that the old man wanted to know the best of the vanilla Anbu is leading team "Kakashi".

Ah well.

12. Madara The Original Uchiha

Wow! That's hot.

You should have been better convinced of your theory.

13. Limitles Shadow Itachi Fanboy

Well we don't know what happens if Naruto dies? If Kyubi comes out or materializes because his soul is released, Konoha is dead, don't cha think?

14. Criminal NF TRIPLE OG

I have pondered an assissnation attempt on Naruto, the only problem I see with this is Naruto himself. Sai doesnt seem to like the kind that can take down Kyuubi. Who knows, he might just be the god of ninja or something, I just think that if they want to do in Naruto they made the wrong choice. Thus why I think Sai and Danzou's goal might be something other than the assissination of Naruto. But I must say you surely have given some good points as to why an assassination might be inevitable.

15. Wrath Mourning

I doubt it. However I think we're supposed to believe that that's what Sai's secret mission is.

16. Satetsu Kaihou

Wasn't the first time we saw Danzou and Sai, Danzou told Sai he must get into the mission into the grass. I think that his mission has something to do with the grass or Sasuke and Orochimaru. Perhaps Danzou wants to get in contact with Orochimaru so Konoha can be destroyed and Danzou will rule as Hokage along with the ones or ANBU Root.

17. Chatulio Senex

Well Danzou is still pissed at the fact that he was not given teh sandaim position so i guess having sai close to naruto will be his atempt to gain control of kyuubi to give him the edge in the konoha political arena.

18. Faceless Member

Judging by the way Danzou's character has been painted out so far, sending Sai to assassinate Naruto on this mission is seriously out of character.

He has little to no information on the current Naruto, which means he'd have to be using outdated data in his plans if that is indeed his plan.

Also, as Satetsu said, there was definitely importance given to the mission to Grass. If Danzou's plans actually revolve around Grass then this would explain Danzou's adamancy that Sai be a part of team Kakashi for this mission.

On an off topic note, could it be that Kishi has finally got his shit together? This arc already has a lot more "meaningful" backstory, and the potential for a much more intriguing plot.

19. Astranagun ...

the last thing Danzou would want is the Kyuubi dead... if he wants to wage war, he need his own Jinchuriki

20. Uzumaki~Kakashi Tomoyo's #1

It would be a large gamble if the plan went wrong. Danzou is already in a powerful position I dont think he gains power from killing Naruto.

21. Sariachan shadowy_blue no neechan

Nahh... if Danzou wanted Naruto dead, he could have tried to kill him when he was younger, and I don't think he would have had lots of problems doing it.

Imho, Sai's mission could be to kill Yamato (but that cat is suspicious... Yamato could already be on alert).

22. Kahlua2606 ANBU

Don't get yourself confused with the filler arcs, where Naruto is chasing after Oro every two seconds. In the manga, he was away for 2 1/2 years training with Jiraiya, and I'm sure Jiraiya kept Naruto as far away from Oro as he could, so Naruto wasn't really chasing after him at all.

As for Sai's assignment, I don't think it's a simple assassination, rather I think it's something along the lines of 'don't allow Naruto and the Kyuubi to slip into Akatsuki hands at any cost, kill Naruto before allowing this to happen.' The 'Root' probably views Naruto as a potential weapon that can be used to protect Konoha, so they wouldn't want to kill Naruto if they didn't have to, but they also wouldn't want to take the chance that the Akatsuki could use the Kyuubi against Konoha in the future, either.

23. biteme Member

Maybe the 'roots' is planning a surprise birthday party for Naruto or something. Sai's mission is to lead the team to the event. :p

24. 546mp New Member

What if Sai's mission is not to kill Naruto, but to instead draw the Jinchuriki from Naruto somehow (maybe not on this mission, but later)?
    Sai's mission would then be to become a vessel, a tool of Danzou . . .

25. Kahlua2606 ANBU

Sai can use his short sword to cut the cake, and then draw presents for Naruto to open!

26. o-chan ^_^

What do you mean? Isn't Naruto the Jinchuuriki?

Anyway, I think that they won't kill Naruto. Konoha will probably use Naruto as a weapon in some sort of war...

27. Alia_Atreides Mew...

Well, Naruto is Sai target, but not for murder, I think. Think the real target for Danzou is Tsunade and Konoha, he is seeking a way of becoming Hokage, or at least changing the way things are in politics. So, Naruto is the target in the way I think Sai is pushing him, taking Naruto to a point where he will for sure scrull things up. Where the Kyuubi will manifestate in a dangerous way. Where is proven that Tsunade made a poor decision in sending Naruto in to missions, where the Third was wrong in protect Naruto. So, I think naruto is the target, but not for assassination.