1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  3. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  4. Some Pokémon went missing during Easter time. Please, help us to solve this case. Check Detective Pikachu and the Eggstravaganza Case.

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Asuma done?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Mezu, Oct 13, 2006.

Asuma dead or no?

1. I want that mofo dead!

23 vote(s)
    56.1%
  2. I'll allow him to live, but Never shall he walk again!

10 vote(s)
    24.4%
  3. I wat him alive and kicking.

8 vote(s)
    19.5%
  1. Mezu The Guardian

Anyone else hoping that Asuma turns into a Rock Lee case or dies? If you don't know what I'm talking about, I'm referring to post-Gaara/Lee fight where Lee was supposed to never be able to fight again. If this were to happen, it would give some credibility to him being alive (I mean, once your stabbed through the heart your done). And if he dies it'll show that Konoha's "main" nin aren't invincible... cough Neji cough cough Chouji... ahem.

Personally, I like his character, but he's either gotta die or lose the ability to fight, cause if every character associated with Naruto is "invulnerable" to death, than the story just lacks the suspense it could have. That and those chakra blades suit Naruto well :p

Tags:
  2. Art is a Bang! >:D

I like Asuma, but it would be best if he died. We already had Chouji and Neji live, someone needs to go. The worst and most pathetic fate for Asuma would be if he lived, but was never able to walk again. His character would eventually become useless, and no one would care about him anymore.

When I read the beginning of the chapter, I thought Asuma had really died. Before this fight, I had never really cared for his character, but when he died, I suddenly felt so bad for him and Shikamaru. There was emotion in those few pages, and now that Asuma might live, he'll most likely return to being a minor character, rather then one that died fighting the Akatsuki.

3. MrLittle05 Jack of All Trades

I think he will live but paralysized from the waist down. As I noticed looking at the last picture of when Hidan stabbed himself in chapter 326, he stabbed himself through the middle of the spine, not right on the heart like everyone seems to think. He may of had his heart clipped some if anything, but not a full puncture wound. So it seems quite plausible he'll live with a valid reason.

4. nif Banned

if he makes it in time at the hospital, it's highly unlikely he'll die
    the Hokage is none other than Tsunade after all

but will he make it in time, it's up to Kishimoto

5. Saosin Banned

In short, you need to calm the fuck down.

I hope Asuma dies. Not that I don't like his character, however, I'm a sucker for angsty things happening in manga. x3

6. Epizeuxis Success is overrated

I like his character, but he really should die on the way to, or at the hospital, getting some flashback or heart-rendering speach before he kicks it. We need something to make us go "Holy crap! Plot No Jutsu failed?!?! DAMN! Maybe Akatsuki really IS dangerous! I wonder who they MAY kill next?"

Plus, if he lives, everyone will probably look at him and say "OH MY GOD! YOU GOT PWNT!" If he is paralyzed, then he can't be much of a ninja, and people will probably look at him and say "OH MY GOD! YOU GOT PWNT!"

If he dies, however, then he would at least get to have his name added to the memorial for those who died bravely in battle for the protection of Konoha.

7. Billy_Idol That's wild!

This guy's crazy. I'm with him though. :p
    Naruto ain't gettin no chakra blades anyway, regardless whether Asuma lives or not. Seeing Naruto with the blades on made me cringe.

8. Sys Well-Known Member

That's exactly how I felt too, except that when I read the chapter, I already knew he would still have a pulse. But when I saw the first pages, and the moment with Kurenai, I felt bad for Asuma for a few seconds, until I remembered he would probably be fine.

Honestly, Asuma is way better off dead. Not that I don't like the character though (I just don't care much for him).

9. TenshiOni Active Member

I'd say so, since I think he's a dead-man.

I don't want him to die, he's awesome, but I seriously don't think he'll survive this.

10. RAGING BONER Sexual Tyrannosaurus

teary eyed Kurenai lamentations hospital scene.

11. Alia_Atreides Mew...

I think he will make it... Part of me wants him to, but I also think that, camon, he lost. He and Shikamaru did fine, but... not good enough. It happens. Death is part of life, and if Asuma dies, well, maybe this could be a chance of showing more personal things about the jounin, the relationship between them, more about Kurenai... Could be used in a good way. It would be better, I guess, than the lame "he is dead" "no he isnt" "almost died, but thank god we have so many good medical ninja in konoha".

Geez, we didnt even had a decent flashback in this fight... what was the point of this arc, anyway?

12. YellowFlashUzumaki #1 Illegal User of the Dougie

I'm sorry but its Asuma's time. Let's get a flashback of his time in the 12 Guardians(?) or possibly even why him and the 3rd never addressed each other as father and son...get him to a hospital and then give his dying words to Kakashi of what he meant to say before.

13. Splintered Active Member

:x, it looks like it. He might survive for a couple of more chapters but it will be hard to bounce back after that. Though, Neji and Chouji were in the same position as Asuma so who knows.

14. Genesis Active Member

Hm, i don't really care. But i do think his death is still up in the air, he might or might not survive.

15. caius Member

I have a hard time comparing Chouji and Neji to Asuma's injuries. Neji said explicitly that he used his chakra to redirect the arrows so that he would not be injured in vital organs, and with the red pill, IIRC it converts calories to pure chakra, but it never said exactly how many(I believe it was most) or how long the converion goes. His attack may have ended the conversion, allowing his body to keep the amount of calories for hs body to sustain itself until help came. Their surival is more realistic than Asuma suriving this, although I still have my issues with them.

Asuma has been pierced through the heart, Hidan aimed directly at it and did not miss. I can't see an injury like that being able to be easily healed if at all. Remember, Dan's vitals were too greatly injured for Tsunade to save his life. It could easily be the same situation here.

16. Alia_Atreides Mew...

Well, if he is to die, I just hope we can have a flashback while he struggles for his life, and at least have a little story, some explanation about the 12 and why he left Konoha, all that jazz. Really, what's the point of mentioning it, never explaining, and kill the guy that could tell us the story? Why?

17. caius Member

I think we will hear about that, especially if he is dying. Kind of like seeing his life flash before his eyes.

18. Svenjamin Twitter: svenhudec

Asuma should have died the moment Hidan recreated his circle. His head was only stitched back on, wouldn't it still have been sliced up? Asuma's head should have slid right off!

But hey... he has a pulse... so there's hope.

19. Loki_Seijuro Member

If Asuma should die, then so should Hidan. He got his head sliced off. I doubt I was the only one calling bullshit on that little developed.

I wanted Asuma to die since he was being a badass about it, but this fight was no way to put Asuma to rest. He barely did anything except help reveal 2 Akatsuki's abilities...in fact, this death would bring no closure or even character depth to Asuma as it stands now.

My only hope is that Asuma lives, beefs up, and beats the shit out them later down the road, or at least helps the younger set train up for the final showdown.

He doesn't deserve to die just yet.

20. caius Member

We knew that Hidan had some bizarre constitution before that, either a high regenrative power, or ,as was proven, immortality. A lot of people thought if he could be killed by normal means, it would have beheading. With that option out of the way, its probably heavily tied into the doctrine of the Jashin religion. Asuma on the other hand has no special healing or body type to lessen damage. He should probably die form his injuries. It's sad, but his death would go to show what happens without proper information when facing Akatsuki. We're more likely to get the story of his life in a flashback as he's ding than we would if he stays alive.

21. Shishi-O Oda Is God

i voted for him to live, but that even is a stretch. if he lives, it'll be a coma/ permanently crippled type thing.

shikamaru will definately pursue akatsuki level.

the cresiendo will definately be the return of hidan and kakuzu to the fire country to reclaim/ kill asuma's body.

22. King_Rollo Hokage

This man is as good as dead.

23. cygnus Ta Det Lungt

If he dies he's going to have to progress the plot or twist the fuck out of it. He'll probably survive due to him being on the good side though, which will be lame.

But yeah, he'd have to tell Naruto something or give Kakashi or Kurenai something or something something. I vote he says something about the AL and Konohamaru and the whole Sarutobi clan....

24. isanon i have an old misspelled title

i think he will live, he did have pulse when shikamaru cheked and aparantly ino have learned medical jutsu. however i do belive we will be wounded in some way but he should still be able to teach naruto more about wind jutsu

25. Rhythmic- ɹɥʎʇɥɯıɔ-

An important character from the Sarutobi clan already died,not to mention the fact that he's Asuma father. I don't think Asuma's time is up yet. Kishi still has yet to reveal what's really up with Asuma's and Kurenai's relationship.

26. Kaitlyn Faeries>All

Methinks the AsuKure relationship will come to light in the upcoming few chapters........and, unfortunately...I honestly believe Asuma is done for.....the first few shots of ch. 327 had "death" written all over his face!:cry

(I'm insulted by the poll.....btw:notrust )