1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. img
    Dragon Ball Drawing Contest: Black & White Edition.
    Deadline is on August 30th at 11pm UTC
    Dismiss Notice

Asuma rant

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Yu-Wei, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Yu-Wei

Alright there are a few things that are bugging me about Asuma and the way the last few manga have gone. First off Asuma was killed way easy what kind of ninja is he man! I mean I know that Hidan is immortal and all but Asuma could have at least put up a better fight. Second, you would think since these people are guardians of a king that they would be worth something but so far the last two have been takin out easily! What up with that? You have to admit that Asuma?s fight was pretty lame I mean he spent most of it relying on Shikamaru! Anyway I just thought I?d share that. Feel free to share your thoughts and opinions on the topic.

Tags:
  2. Yoruichi

There wasn't that much he could have done in that situation though. I mean, if he attacked him when he was in the circle, he'd just hurt himself. When Hidan was finally out of the circle, Asuma beheaded him. Unfortunately for him, Hidan is immortal which took Asuma off guard like it would most anyone, which Hidan capitalized on and quickly made another circle and stabbed himself, the end.

Asuma was out of his element and his league in that fight. I was expecting more out of the guardians, but that just proves how dangerous Akatsuki really is, to be able to make top class ninja seem like weaklings.

3. Leanne

The thing that is bothering me, is that we almost know nothing about his past.

4. Cardboard Tube Knight

You'll probably see his past later, and the last few chapters of the manga have been fine. A little sad, but I really enjoy it.

5. lazyeyeZ0o

to be completeless in battle made it that much more sad

6. BUBU!!!

Why DIDNT tHE RUN?!!!

7. Dark Uchiha

Asuma knew as soon as shikimaru's jutsu was dispelled the first time "these guys are out of our league" no one could imagine hidan had a tech like that, as soon as asuma got cut, the battle in all intent and purpose was over, no one could have did any better on his team in that situation, that including shikimaru as we saw hidan dodge the attack and even cut asuma in the process. The real thing is the fight to me was actually draw out. As many said sasori had a bad matchup against chiyo+sakura, this was asuma's bad match up. If we take a look at it... Asuma's team just got owned nothing more nothing less. i mean how long do u think it would have lasted if kakuzu fought at the begining also..

-kakuzu holds them all while hidan scratches them and commits mass murders in secs...

8. The Pink Ninja

There was nothing Asuma could have done. Gai would have died too and probably Kakashi if he decided to try and get in close.

I'm not fussed to be honest.

9. Gai-Sifu

They did have an oppertunity to run when Kakuzu was reattatching his head, but they were to dumfounded by the fact that Hidan couldn't die from decapitation.

10. SuperTyphoon

11. Izlude

Think of it this way - when it's animated, the fight will be dragged out much more and we'll see Asuma pull out some cooler moves.

12. japnoyboi3

i think even if he ran it'd be no use..once hidan's head was back on his body..all he had to do was step in the circle again and stab himself.

13. Futagokage

The death of Asuma were unstoppable, they were ninjas with orders of taking them death or alive, i think it would seem veri D&D if they knew that Hidan was immortal and Kakuzu were able to heal him.

14. Cardboard Tube Knight

To tell the truth I think Ino could have been of some help in the battle, which is probably why she wasn't there for story purposes. I mean if she could have jumped inside of Hidan or the other one (I forget his name) she could have easily done something like carry the head away and hide it or some such thing. Or even just find some way to dispel the jutsu Hidan uses.

Realistically I think the only way to defeat the guy would be to cut off the head and burn him, or somehow find a way to make him curse himself, like trick him into drinking his own blood and then when he hurts himself it will hurt him again, and in turn again, and again, basically going in a never ending loop because each time he would be only hurting himself while standing in the circle.

15. Genesis

I thought it was allright. Akatsuki just destroyed a person people thought was protected by Kishi. I'm just waiting for the next person to be taken out.

Jiraiya by AL :nod

16. Musora Kai

I'm just disgusted at how little Asuma was capable of.

Elite Jounin? They guy has 2 techniques! And his main one needs ultra-rare items (chakra-metal daggars) to even work, despite being rather shitty ("ooo lookit me, I can make invisible swords that cut through stuff but apparently can't do shit against magic weapons").

I'm vastly disappointed. What did Asuma do to prove his membership among the Jounin of Konoha? He displayed n00b-genin-level ability.

I really wanted Asuma to kick some ass before he got killed. Make the Akatsuki actually try, y'know.

17. Cardboard Tube Knight

Do the words Immortal mean anything. I mean even Kakashi or Gai would have had a lot of problems with this one.