1. cafecontest
    Voting is live in the Cafe Banner Contest!
    Poll closes on Sep 20, 2020 at 1:37 AM ET.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Asuma vs. Zabuza

Discussion in 'Naruto Battledome' started by ageofdarkness, Dec 28, 2004.

Asuma vs. Zabuza

1. Asuma

74 vote(s)
    49.3%
  2. Zabuza

68 vote(s)
    45.3%
  3. Draw

8 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. ageofdarkness

Haven't seen anyone post this before.
    Who do you think would win?

Tags:
  2. Blue Supporting Staff Retired Staff

Zabuza was a serious badass who actually made a bid to assassinate the Mizukage. Without a Sharingan to aid him, Asuma would quickly get his ass handed to him by Zab's tight Suiton jutsus and the Hidden-in-the-mist technique.

3. RaitoRyuukashin

I think this is Asuma Vs Kisame all over Except Zabuza isnt as deadly as Kisame. Chalk one up for Asuma

4. ChaochroX

How dare you vote for Asuma. Zabuza is way too strong to be beaten by those puny chakra knuckle things. Kakashi just baraly beat Zabuza with the aid of a sharigan. Asuma doesn't have a Sharigan so the fight goes to Zabuza. Asuma pff that guy is nothing compared to the devil of the hidden mist.

5. RaitoRyuukashin

So if you dont have Sharingan you lose to Zabuza? Cmon Chao your just a little bit two much into your fanboyism? IF we Go by Stats Asuma is one Heck of a Ninja. We Seen Zabuza go all out. Not Asuma. So the Power we have to speculate here is Asumas. IT comes to the basic questions: IS there water? if not Asuma Definitely

If there is What can Asuma do to evade Zabuzas Water attacks. Simple attack him first. I mean we all saw zabuza do that stupidly long chain of hand seals for his jutsu. I dont think asuma is just going to stand there.

The third factor is the mist.
    Now this is where Zabuzas shot comes in. I think if he puts up the mist and then attacks with his Zanbato(lol idk spelling) quickly and beheads him in the COnfusion then he has Asuma. If Not Asuma is a thinker like Shika,,, he'll come up with a strat and win

6. ChaochroX

hmm i guess your right I'm not giving Asuma enough credit but he would still loose. He didn't seem to show that much of a skill when it comes to Tai. I mean he was good but not Gai good. I'd say if anything (and i'm being generous here) he's slightly stronger that Zabuza in Tai. But thats one factor what about Nin Asuma was about to be anihilated by Kisame's attack until Kakashi steped in and negated his attack. So, so far we have Tai-Asuma, Nin-Zabuza, I won't even bother with Gen, so it comes down to smarts. I think Zabuza showed quite a bit more strategy when he fought than Asuma did. So I say Zabuza not by as much as a said before but he would win none the less.

7. RaitoRyuukashin

But Zabuza losing the first time came down to Genjutsu. Genjutsu is very powerful and shouldnt just be tossed away

8. 4thokage

I think taht asuma is stronger that zabuza

9. ChaochroX

I'm not saying that it's not strong I'm just saying neither of them have used it.

10. Akumakage

Zabuza would pwn Asuma.

11. Q2Student

I like Asuma, especially with the dramatic manner in which he saved Shik's hide. But this one would go to Z, I believe.

12. chidari

Asuma is awsome but Zabuza would totally destroy him with a swing of his throat cleaving knife especially if Asuma can't see from the hiding in the mist jutsu.

13. Aidake

Although I agree with parts of this, I can't agree with all of it. Don't forget one thing, that "stupidly long chain of hand seals" was done in SECONDS, Sasuke himself said that Kakashi had copied "that many hand seals, copied all perfectly, in SECONDS" Now I don't know about you, but another thing that people aren't taking in consideration is that it doesn't matter if water is available in the fighting arena. Remember this: The second Hokage (Nidaime) was able to summon a HUGE water element to stop Sarutobi's fire attack and the ANBU spectators said "Amazing, he could use a technique of that level in a place with NO WATER" or something like that. SO, by this statement, it is possible that Zabuza will NOT need water to be readily available, he might just need SOME. Now, unless they were fighting it out in the desert then maybe that would be more difficult given that I don't know how much water would be needed for Zabuza's mist. Also, I think we've seen time and time again in the manga/anime that the stats don't completely determine the outcome of the battle, just keep that in mind as well. Although I don't like to make extrapolations from previous battles (not knowing Asuma's abilities) We know that Zabuza was stronger than Kakashi (or just as strong) in Taijutsu (Kakashi himself said that "it's been a long time since I've been in such a dangerous battle"), so Zabuza could AT LEAST hold up his own against Asuma. I know that Asuma can extend his knuckle-daggers or whatever, but even so, the "cut" he makes would have to be a CRITICAL the first time he used it, otherwise Zabuza would notice that if he got cut the same way that Kisame did. Blahhh :) I'm done lol

Rep me if you like what you see please!

14. Ghost-

Aidake, you are comparing Zabuza's skill and power in suiton jutsu with THE SECOND HOKAGE???? Good god man, Nidaime could preform suiton jutsu's out of thin air BECAUSE HE WAS AWESOME, *not* because its just something everyone could do.

I mean do you think the *Anbu Captain* would have said "to think he'd be able to cast such a high-level suiton in a place where there is no water! unbelievable!!" if any strong jounin could do that? Do you think Orochimaru would have thought "As you could expect of a former hokage...you could say" if it was NOT something speacial?

Do you think the *Anbu Captain* would just a few moments later say "this ninjutsu battle is so advanced it's incredible...this, is what is means to be at the Hokage level" UNLESS he though that *everything* that was going on was REALLY impressive??

You sir are the one giving Zabuza too much credit, not other people giving Asuma too much credit. With barely showing anything he killed nine sound chuunin by himself, in seconds. Despite whatever strength Zabuza has, Asuma is not to be underestimated, he would not be a Jounin sensai unless the Hokage and Council Members were confident he would be strong enough and smart enough to protect his genin students. While I can't say he'll win out-right, don't try to discredit a man that you've barely seen fight, and definatly don't do it while trying to compare your own choice for winner on the same level as one of the Hokage.

quotes from Manga chapter 120, pages 4 and 10.

15. Aisu Shun

Dude! are you serious? your impressed by Asuma killing nine sound nin, hell Zabuza killed all of that short guys bodyguards with a kunai in his mouth, i repeat A KUNAI IN HIS MOUTH he couldn't even use his arms, plus he killed over 100 nin when he was a little kid... break Asuma's arms and put a kunai in his mouth would he still be able to kill those nine sound nin now, probably not because he would have major problems not being able to use those bladed knuckle things...

therefore Zabuza pwns Asuma hands down

16. Code

Well Asuma easily took down 8 chuunins and a full fledged jounins easily...

But how this fight will go. I don't know.

17. RaitoRyuukashin

Yes thats right Asuma killed ninja.... high level ninja with techniques and stuff. Zabuza Fought regular humans who probaly have taijustu same level as gaaras

So Zabuza kill those jounins with a Kunai???
    um how?

18. Jiroubou

Zabuza would definently win.

19. RaitoRyuukashin

20. Tesh

It could go either way probably, but most likely Asuma in my mind.

21. silent_speech

it depends on the where they would be fighting.

Zabuza would win against Asuma if they fought in an area with water. His Suiton jutsus and the Mist Concealment Technique will defeat Asuma, unless Asuma has super hearing and super smell. You need to remember that Zabuza is also more of an assassination shinobi, so having the mist concealment would definitely increase his chances of winning.

Asuma would probably win against Zabuza in an area without water because that would take away Zabuza's Suiton jutsus and his Mist Concealment Technique won't be as effective (or probably wouldn't even work) in an area without water. I would say that Asuma *might* be better than Zabuza in the taijutsu area mainly because I think assassins aren't usually as strong in the physical aspect as those who attack head on.

22. Shikamaru-sama

Argh this battle is a right bastard for me, these are two of my Favourite characters! Both of which are constantly understimated.

Asuma is one the three top Jounins of Konoha, next to Kakashi and Gai. Its hard to say how poerful he is becuase, and this is important, he has never had to resort to using anything special. His superior Taijutsu skills have always been enough. Someone earlier almost discounted the fact he killed 9 Chuunin/Jounins. This was by himself, with no help, not using any Techniques. He also overacted so he could look more impressive to Shikamaru in my opinion. Against Kisame he was easily holding his own, yes he said soemthing 'such strength, with one hand' but that doesnt mean he was struck down in fear of the almighty Kisame. Asuma also held no fear of Itachi, merely mild suprise, and it was Asuma that Gai wanted to help against Itachi and Kisame.

Dont write Asuma off, as someone said, he isnt a Jounin Sensei for kicks.

As for Zabuza, personally, he is the only 'true' jounin we have seen aside from Kakashi. He is feared, deadly and extremely talented in Ninjutsu. He was a member of the Mists Seven Swordsman, their elite group, survived their selection exam, even forcing it to change and was an elite Assasin, feared by Kakashi. Kakashi would not of beatn Zabuza without his Sharingan and Kakashi is propelled to god like proportions by some on these forums.

As for a battle, i think circumstances would dictate a lot. If it was a one on one is a defined battlefield, it would certainly be interesting. Zabuza is not the the type to play around and would almost certainly go straight for the kill. Asuma would probablh have to do more than stand and smoke.

I think its a fight between two extremely talented Jounins, but i cant help thinking that Asuma is very Shikamaru like, extremely powerful and dangerous when he gets serious. I would say this one belongs to Asuma.

23. RaitoRyuukashin

Gawd i love it when ppl type more than Zabuza wins it hands down reps for you shika

24. Aidake

Good God Man! You obviously misinterpreted (or did not read carefully) my previous post :p . I am not underestimating Asuma at all, I am only giving my reasons as to why I believe that Zabuza would win the fight, and nowhere did I say that it would be an easy one either. Yes, I recognize the Hokage was amazing and his suiton technique was extremely powerful. However, in a place with no water, (this has to do with mist formation) the amount required to actually make MIST, sir, is very low compared to the incredible amount of water the Hokage was able to summon for a water attack. I think it would be safe to assume that Zabuza would not be able to perform his higher level water-based attacks, but if he was able to form MIST, sir, that would still put Asuma at a great disadvantage.

25. YimTheSkilled

Asuma vs Zabuza

Based on the fights in the Manga and Anime, I would say Zabuza seemed like a stronger fighter, but zabuza's stats pale in comparison to Asuma's, and I like both of them, they have cool styles. Who do you think will win in a fight vs each other?

26. Jonas

Im going with Asuma since he's more well-rounded stated by the factbook... (not only though)

27. Askani

zabuza ownz. i saw both fight and i'm more impressed with zabuza.

28. Nighthawk

Asuzma can kick his ass. No problem.

29. Gooba

I wonder who I am voting for. Zabuza only hit Kakashi when Kakashi wanted him to. We have only seen less than half of Asuma's power, because he hasn't used any ninjutsu despite being equally as strong in it as he is in taijutsu. He even has a very respectible genjutsu. Zabuza got his clones killed by a Genin, and only had the upper hand on Kakashi during his water prison attack. Asuma destroyed a squadron of Chuunin/Jounin in about a minute. After Kakashi was trapped Zabuza should have been able to wipe everyone out in a matter of seconds if he was as good as Asuma. Plus Asuma was doing decently against Kisame, who is basicly a way better version of Zabuza. Kisame was one of the origonal Seven Swordsmen, and he called Zabuza a kid. Asuma is a lot smarter, only a little below Shikamaru, so I am sure he can think up a plan to defeat Zabuza.

This would make an awesome fight, mainly because I am a huge Asuma and Zabuza fan.

30. enkay

as a totally biased Zabuza fan i voted him. however, deep down inside i think Asuma takes the win.