1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice

3. Voting for the Contest Central Drawing Contest is live!
    Entries can be found here and the voting threads can be found here and here.
    Voting ends on Sunday, June the 30th!
    Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

at what chapter...

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by shibigoku, Nov 12, 2005.

1. shibigoku Master of the fist

was kishi when you first started reading Naruto? And what made you tryout a new manga and read Naruto?

I'm ashamed to say it but I started reading Naruto when kishi was nearing the end of the kyuubi Naruto and Curse Seal naruto fight with the big explosion. It's been a year and I can tell (as a manga freak) that Naruto is one of the best mangas out there. I was to stuck up in DBZ to reach out to Naruto earlier, I have all 42 volumes. I finally said to myself that it was time to make a change and bought some good mangas like battle angel alita, gumnn last order, Trigun, Tenjho tenge, Shaman king, Battle Vixen and Hellsing. After I realised that buying other kinds of mangas would make me a poor manga freak I started DL them (If you're a manga lover like me, I strongly advise you to read flame of recca or houshin Engi, good stuff) and came up with Naruto. I was hooked after reading a few pages...

Tags:
  2. TenshiOni Active Member

I think I started reading Naruto when Kishimoto was just about starting the Rescue Sasuke Arc...that was around Valentines Day 2004.

I ditched Inuyasha manga for Naruto. Glad I did.

------

Moving this to the Library.

3. Gold Knight To The Rescue!

Heh, I'm still reading Inuyasha. But I love Naruto more, of course.

I started reading Naruto when Shonen Jump first came out in America. At around chapter 38 (the start of the Chuunin Exams), I jumped ship to online scanlations. That was two summers ago, July 2004, and I devoured all the chapters in three days, and the last chapter was when Naruto finally caught Sasuke on the heads of the statues.

Naruto first appeared in SJA in the February 2003 edition. Anybody know what chapters Kishimoto were doing that month?

4. Chiru Naruto Forums Elitist

I started reading around the time that the Sasuke and Naruto fight began. I of course started from the beginning and caught up, but that's where Kishimoto was when I started.

5. Kibate Doesn't want a what?

im one of the veterans, i was reading it when the anime wasnt even announced

i started reading it when chapter 73 was out(ino vs sakura fight just ended) though i started from the beginning was hooked up since the sexy no jutsu scene XD

6. Dopple New Member

Started following the manga around the beginning of the search for Tsunade arc.

7. 火影ナルト friends

There's no reason to be ashamed of when you started to appreciate the Naruto manga. Any time is a good time to get into it.

8. Efraim Longstocking Indeed

I started reading the manga when I had wached all the episodes all the way to 93 or something.. Then I read all chapters from the start and I think the manga was around the Neki fight or possbibly the Kiba fight... I was completly stuck then..

9. Hef Night Work

Hmm...I think it was... when the anime was around the Chuunin exam finals. I have no idea where the manga was at that time, because I read it from the beginning. :S

10. Leen Peacemaker

I start reading the chapter where Kiba and Akamaru fought Sakon and Udon.

11. Ghokun OPtard

I started when the fillers started.. about 230 or sometihng like that

12. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

I got into the series in the chuunin exam while Sasuke and naruto were fighting Oro. I didn't find it on my own though. It was through my friend, who found it through another friend (connections eh? :laugh).
    I started reading it, because he kept insisting for me to do it and I did at his house. Once I saw Gaara I though he was the coolest thing since sliced bread and then I kept reading it with enthusiasm.

Oh and I don't see anything wrong with getting into an anime late. Sometimes info just doesn't reach someone as fast as others due to interests. As long as you enjoy it now then it's really cool.

EDIT: come to think of it. I never saw the Haku saga or the begining of the chuunin exams (test and before the orochimaru fight) in the manga form. I should download that when I have the chance.:S

13. Shiron BOING!!!

I started reading the manga when the May 2004 issue of US Shonen jump came out, towards the end of the Zabuza fight. If my calculations are correct, Kishi would have just finished writing somewhere between Ch. 205 and 215 then, so I started reading when he was writing somewhere between either the middle of the Sakon/Ukon vs. Kiba fight (just after Kiba stabbed himself) and the start of the Gaara vs. Kimmimaro fight.

14. ChickenPotPie HAH.

It was 198 but technically, I didn't get caught up until 200 exactly.

How do I know this? 200 had a kickass cover of Naruto with bandages.(I think)

Wait, this is when we first read any type of Naruto manga? I first read it in the American Shounen Jump. After the Kyuubi Naruto cliffhanger of the Haku arc, I went to scanlations. Naruto started in the 3rd issue of Shounen Jump, February 2003? I think it was the Tsunade arc. Because when was first looking at Naruto fansites, people were talking about Naruto vs. Sasuke (rooftop)

Oh, and I ditched YGO and DBZ for this.

15. Megaharrison Eternal President of the Cafe Retired Staff

Hmmm, I am suprised at how many people started at the same place as me.

I started reading in early August 2004, the first chapter I had to wait for was 232.

16. Chatulio Senex

Well lets see.....it was most likely i started with shounen jump and then i went on a naruto hunt and found NF then i started reading around teh gaara/shukaku fight.