• Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

Manga Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin)

Vagueness

Also I will say that my boy, Levi, came out mostly unscathed from this shitfest. Wheelchair? More like welfare. The man can walk fine.

Praise the GOAT.

Nah he ain't no GOAT for letting annie walk away and have her fairy tale happy ending with her dad and armong. Shoulda decapitated her ass just as he did with zeke. RIP justice for his squad.

Bitch straight up said she would do it all over again too lol. At least reiner showed regret and remorse lmfao.

Balrog

There is pre and post basement.

Pre basement like an 8?

Post basement is a 6.
Yeah personally I prefer the survival horror story of the earlier part of the series, when the Marley arc started it shifted into more of a political and swashbuckling style of narrative.

Tokyo ghouls ending was a bit rushed but compared to this that is a masterclass in writing

What the hell
TG ending wasn't bad.
It was OK. Surely rushed as fuck but Kaneki vs Furuta was great. Keneki also got a great character development and in the end he didn't regret eating humans when he was Dragoneki.
Plus, Kaneki x Touka subplot romance was very well written. Not to say he banged Touka and had 2 children with her. Saved the world and did not die a virgin. The anime is just trash. The manga itself is good.

Arles Celes

The Psychologist
All i wanted from this fucking story is for the protagonist so shape his own story.
But i guess that was too much to ask. If he wasn't going for that then perhaps he shouldn't have spent 95% of his manga on that. It is what it is i guess. He was out to hurt the reader, well he fucking hurt me. Not sure if the way he wanted to though.

Also, introducing a godlike entity at the end of your manga, and putting every single instance of inconsistent characterization on that entity is the absolute lowest of writing.
Nothing else to say.
God entity is a plot device to avoid making hard decisions or to work as deus ex machina.

Kinda like Otsutsuki/Hagoromo in Naruto.

I wonder if Im in One Piece will kill millions of people but after Luffy gives up on being a pirate so he can marry Nico or Robin (whom he always loved with all his heart) then Im will have a change of heart and say how Luffy "may be the light the world needs"...followed by Im resurrecting all whom he killed and naming Usopp as the new world king.

The final panel is of Sanji making a cake for someone whom he calls his "true love" but the face isn't shown. :hurr

Problem? :smoke

Corvida

Anda de dia la noche es mia
Imagine if AoT took the Boruto route. :catsad

Eren would become a deadbeat looking for Space Titans and training Farmer-kun's kid while forcing Mikasa to work her sexy ass to support her and Eren's kids. :scry

Then attempt to kill his own child during the AoT Gaiden (while being suspected of cheating with Historia)...and dying in front of Mikasa due to his 4 years of life limit. :catsalutears

All without ever having the balls to KISS Mikasa. :catdespair

:catsuicide
Celes, I´m still watching you
refarin your narsakian impulses

Arles Celes

The Psychologist
Celes, I´m still watching you
refarin your narsakian impulses

Hmpf, SasuSaku is way more fappable than NaruSaku plus the latter would lead to the cliche whipped husband scenario with a dumb spineless husbando and tsundere waifu. :pek

Now Sasuke needs to find his lost chakra and then. :pimp

Sasuke: :sasucat :sasucat :sasucat

Sakura: Show me your "true power" Sasuke-kun. :catbed

Sakura: OMG...its even BIGGER than Perfect Susanoo's :blush

Saishin

Hajimemashite
And it is finished,yeah the ending was average ,Isayama maybe who knows? wanted to kill more MC's give us a dark epilogue but I guess he was convinced to give to the readers a "happy ending" and yeah I would have expected from the last chapter more but I think it was intentional to give an open ending,much probably now because of the franchise world success it's not that improbable that the editor will continue the story with a sequel and further spin offs telling the aftermath.

Anyway I give to this series an 8/10,personally I enoyed it pretty much and AOT compare to other shonen or seinen of that level have more strenght points,the characters development,the development of the MC,the quality of the story is something that we didn't see in other series,many series after a certain period of time see their quality dropped but I didn't see that in AOT,everything was planned carefully.

Well see you again guys of the 104th ;)

Sufex

The Ghost
Godawful ending. This might be worse than naruto and the kaguya asspull.

Its so much worse because AOT went from prime shounen levels and straight down a cliff. What when happened to the worm...the world will still fight erens 'precious friends ect. God.. im tired :pepecry

WolfusFH

> Eren pretty much destroyed the world because he was a yellow fever incel who didn't want Mikasa to move on and find another man after his death (yes, he really said that), and there was never a deeper meaning behind any of his actions.
You people really need to learn basic text interpretation before trying to criticize something. Holy shit.
I don't think it was good ending, but that was not the reason Eren destroyed the world. He literally stated in the chapter why he did it. The Mikasa stuff was absurdly lame, but that was not his motivation (it goes in an opposite direction, since he's dying to give Paradis a chance and give Mikasa freedom)

Big Bob

King Bobbert
You people really need to learn basic text interpretation before trying to criticize something. Holy shit.
I don't think it was good ending, but that was not the reason Eren destroyed the world. He literally stated in the chapter why he did it. The Mikasa stuff was absurdly lame, but that was not his motivation (it goes in an opposite direction, since he's dying to give Paradis a chance and give Mikasa freedom)

Arles Celes

The Psychologist
Godawful ending. This might be worse than naruto and the kaguya asspull.

Its so much worse because AOT went from prime shounen levels and straight down a cliff. What when happened to the worm...the world will still fight erens 'precious friends ect. God.. im tired :pepecry
Eren's friends are forgiven or forgotten.

No more hatred.

Wheelchair for Levi, Annie's pu**y for Armin, Farmer-kun's sperm for Historia and bird shit for Mikasa. :hurr

Happy ending folks. :smoke

blk

While i wouldn't call AoT a masterpiece (or really anything close to it, in the manga world there are very few works that can be called as such imo), for me it has definitely been an entertaining and interesting story with plenty of relatable characters.

The psychology in general was more realistic and engaging than your average Shonen.

That said P1 pre basement imo is superior overall.
The feeling of tension for the future of humanity, mystery, desperate situations and cleverness in solving them.
It had a unique feel to it.

P2 is also good but less engaging overall.
The positives come from the political schemes, plot twists, Eren's inscrutable motivations, the ethical dilemmas, etc

The finale gives it a nice closure as we finally get to understand Eren completely, the Titan power is eliminated and Paradis has a chance at 'making it'.
Mikasa unfortunately remains alone but in a sense she did shown to be able to get over her feelings for the greater good, so in the same way she'll be able to survive w/out Eren.

In terms of the characters i liked the most:

1) Levi/Erwin
2) Zeke
3) Eren/Armin/Mikasa
4) Gabi
5) Hange
6) Survey corps (Jean, Connie etc) / Reiner
7) Marley shifters (Falco, Annie, etc)

There could be others (like the general was kinda badass) but they lasted too little.

So that's my take on it.

Overall a solid 7.5/10

Arles Celes

The Psychologist
Seriously though I guess Isayama wanted Eren to symbolize human weakness. :hm

To be shown as a very flawed human being despite his best intentions.

For realism as well as the tragic hero aspect.

Top Bottom