1. Dismiss Notice
  2. OPFC

Are you an artist that loves One Piece? Join the OP Fanart Contest in the Ohara Library!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice

6. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

Autumn Spring

Discussion in 'Konoha Theatre' started by mow, Jun 17, 2005.

1. mow <b> <color=red> THE <blink>notlame</blink> AVENGER

Autumn Spring is a very indie, incredibly sweet lil Czech comdey (yes, Czech) that follows the life of two aging Czech couple; Fanda and Emilie who are polar oppsites in absolutly everything.

Fanda is the upbeat, charming experimental and happygolucky indiviual whose willlling to take any risk for a moment of laughter. A Prankster at heart who refuses to admit to old age and who used to be a theartical performer. Emilie on the other hand, is the obssesive counterpart who is apperantly fascinated byu planning their funerals and saving money to cover for caskets. A rather morbid character. Your usual elderly couple in other words; broke as hell, and with a single most selfsh excuse for a son who awaits his parents demise to gain the broken down flat they are living in.

Fanda's comrade-in-arms is his fellow acting friend; Eda, who joins him in planning and orchestrating any deceptive prank they could conjour. From possing as ticket inspectors to get young girls to kiss them; to much more complicated and rather challenging schemes.

so it might seem a bit lame, but it really isnt. IT may seem to be another old couple flick, where the husband and wife spend most of their time bickerign about money and liffe in general. But it's much more, the movie really focuses on the institution of marraige as a whole, the power struggle ina relastionship, and most important of all; our twisted perception of life and death.

this isnt your average "hallmark" kinda flick. Every aspect was quite perfect. A solid , delightful script which was exptionally clever; fantastic and compling cast and fine acting. Exptionally memroable performances, espically by Fanda. The movie score was marvellous too and the direction was quite subtle and touching. But the best portion was the cinematography, speciaffiacly during many of the out door scenes, amazing lightening through and through.

My fav scene, (a scene which is now my favourite of all time), is when Franda and his wife are together on the train. the lightening, music and simple gestures and facial expression by the actors and their smiling faces were just enchanting. It was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen

I highly reccomend it if you want a simple, yet delicate movie for your vieweing pleasure.

Tags:
  2. mow <b> <color=red> THE <blink>notlame</blink> AVENGER

3. CrazyMoronX Old Man

Sounds interesting, I'll have to check it out.

I usually like most of the obscure foreign films I see, I'll have to find out if it's on Netflix or not, hopefully it is otherwise I might not be able to get it.

Anyway if you're recommending it, it must be good, right?

4. mow <b> <color=red> THE <blink>notlame</blink> AVENGER

Thank you for having such faith in my judgment XD

It's a really sweet flick, so if anyone likes to feel all fuzzy and warm after a movie, this is definiatly what you are looking for.

5. Ruri always the hours

Nice review, moe ~ I'm really interested in watching this movie now! ^__^

6. mow <b> <color=red> THE <blink>notlame</blink> AVENGER

7. sunshine and gasoline slowly, he turned.

Sounds really cool. I think I have heard about this flick and this is enough motivation for me to check it out.

*goes and looks for download*

8. Catatonik The Prophet in the Pit

I'll be hopping online and grabbing this as well.

:)

9. Ruri always the hours

I've finally gotten around to watching this film, and it's everything you promised it would be, moe. <333 I loved it so much, for it's comedy, and also it's beautiful simplicity.

I couldn't agree more. It really was beautiful to watch. ^____^

10. CrazyMoronX Old Man

Well I have the movie in right now, but I've yet to watch it.

If it doesn't live up to my expectations, I'm going to break the CD in half! :mad

Of course, if I did that... I'd have to pay for the thing. :oh

11. Vaizard Grammaton Cleric First Class

Hmmm, I'll have to check it out at Netflix, sounds interesting.

If you like obscure foreign films, you may want to check out a Hungarian film called "Hukkle". It's an intersting film that is told more visually than through dialogue, but there is indeed a story unfolding that is revealed near the end. It also has some great cinematography.

12. CrazyMoronX Old Man

Anyway, I watched Autumn Spring the other night, and it was pretty good. It had a lot of funny moments in it. I can only hope to be that cool when I am at that age.