1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Ayumi Hamasaki

Discussion in 'Music Department' started by kawaii.sasuke, Nov 3, 2005.

1. kawaii.sasuke koi o shiteru 帰る

:blink Ayumi Hamasaki!?
    Lol. :p I love her music and I was wondering if any of you guys out there do too. I only have a 2 disc set of her songs and some song files and well, do any of you like her singing too?

Tags:
  2. Last of the Uchihas Get your own girls, Jonas!

I like her. She isn't the best j pop singer i have heard, but i like her.

Utada is better in my opinion.

I have also heard of her tantrums.

Very bad.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2005
  3. Kagalli Off-duty Fanart Hunter

Once, I was curious and downloaded a torrent with one of her singles. Fairyland.. I think it was that. I thought it was pretty good. I watched the music video for it too. The other song that was on there was Alterna. I like that song too.
    Haven't really heard anything else from her though. :/

4. kawaii.sasuke koi o shiteru 帰る

Lol, for your opinions. Well I'm not offended. To conffes something that suprises me a lot is that sometimes she would start with this slow moving melody then suddenly it'd speed up with a totally different mood kind of thing that you'd think it's kind of decieving. My friend Kira and I always thought about that when we listened to some of her songs. He always thought that most of them were like that. But the ones that I like the most are just the I dunno softer melodies apart from Evolution and that kind of thing. For Fairyland, I just love the meaning. It makes me think of SasuSaku ^^....

5. Last of the Uchihas Get your own girls, Jonas!

errr, you shouldn't feel offended in the first place, :p

6. Sho Active Member

Check out "forgiveness" if you like that sad melody kind of stuff. Also check out ANGEL'S SONG, no way to say, and Memorial address.

Ayumi has some good songs which I like, but Utada is better in my opinion.

7. Last of the Uchihas Get your own girls, Jonas!

I agree.

I bought the memorial address album the other week, and its pretty good.

The whole cd was worth listening to it.

rock on.:p

8. Master Scorpion UG's High Priest

Replace by Hamasaki Ayumi is really nice song!!! Ayu rocks :whoo
    off topic: Uchiha cop#1 I tried to PM you but failed because your inbox has exceeded, btw I am a baker :p

9. Last of the Uchihas Get your own girls, Jonas!

10. ShuiMei Member

Ah, I absolutely adore Ayu, she's my favourite artist :3 She doesn't have the greatest voice or the most amazing music, but she's entertaining and enjoyable and that's what's most important to me. She's fun to watch and I adore her personal style, and like the fact that she's in control of her image.

My favourite album is probably "LOVEppears," probably because it was my first Ayu album but "I am...," "Memorial Address," and "MY STORY" are great too. The only album I don't really like is "RAINBOW" :3 I'm also a slave to her remix albums along with the Acoustic Orchestrated albums :x I have too many favourite songs to really list them all though, but "HANABI ~episode II~" is probably my absolute favourite.

Yes :x fairly enthusiastic fan here. Ah yes, her next album will be released in the new year :D Oh, and regarding Utada, I like her music alright, but I don't like her voice that much and she's not very exciting so I think she's pretty boring...

11. kawaii.sasuke koi o shiteru 帰る

Lol, rock on ShuiMei! The other day I joined the anime club at our school and I saw on the table that they had Utada's albums but guess what? Also Ayumi's! But the thing is that for Ayumi it was a 2 disc thingy for one of her concerts including come extra stuff. By joining this club we get to get free anime stuff and music. ^^

12. Renegade Raine Queen of GrimmHime

It's been a while since I've downloaded her stuff *makes mental note to download Fairyland to listen to it*. But I really like Ayumi. Her voice isn't as great as Yuko Sasaki's (in my opinion), but I still like her music.

My favorite songs are "Evolution", "Ever Free", and almost the rest of the stuff I have from her are remixes, my favorites being "Fly High (Voodoo Serano Remix)", "Whatever (TM remix)", "Appears (Armin van Buuren remix)", and "Boys and Girls (PRemix)". I think her voice is more suited to the trance stuff.

And she is so pretty. :D

13. blind51de Banned

She's had a lot of surgery, of course she's pretty. XD
    Anyhow, she's a great songstress.

14. Last of the Uchihas Get your own girls, Jonas!

I heard the eye surgery is false.

Can someone comment on that?

15. ShuiMei Member

There's never been anything confirmed regarding Ayu and surgery, but I personally don't think she's had anything done, when you look at younger pictures of Ayu in her youth she had the same large eyes she has now, and I think she pretty much looks the same. Sure some facial features seem different but people's faces change as they get older. People like to post pictures of Ayu with small, squinty eyes, but come on, when you smile or laugh your eyes automatically do the whole squinty, small, dimeslot thing, atleast they do when you're Asian ^^;

Sugery or not, Ayu's still my favourite artist :3

16. ShadelessNyght Never Knows Best

I love Ayumi. She was actually the first artist to get my into Japanese music in general when I first started to get into everything. Yes, she does have really good looks, and is extremely cute, but it is also just her music that I adore more then anything. The specific way in which she does most of her songs just allows it to stay with you for a good while before leaving. Listening to her music was what got me into listening to other Jpop/rock music which I now find myself buying CD's off every week or so. Though even with learning of new singers and everything, Ayumi remains my favorite. One of my favorite songs by her is The Real Me, it almost never leaves my MP3 player.

17. Toffeeman I WILL EAT YOU

The surgery thing kinda put me off about her, and I do think that she is a little weird looking too... but her music is ok I suppose.

18. good_anime New Member

i like ayumi hamasaki..... shes pretty good at singing but sometimes she has a bit of a squiky voice when singing hte high notes XD but i still like her.....
    -------------------
    PLEASE READ THIS!!!!
    do u like to roleplay in hte world of bleach?'
    do u want an RPG system thats easy and doesnt require rolling dice?
    do u like to read fan fiction or write fan fiction?

if u answered "yes" ot any of these please check this site out:

19. ShuiMei Member

*groans* You can hear a preview of Ayu's next single Bold&Delicious/Pride on her official website. I don't really like the preview of the song so far, it's certaily a different direction for Ayu, but I can't say that I like it very much...

20. Kasumi 霞 Drawing Chalk Outlines

I love Ayumi Hamasaki! She's my favorite Jpop artist. I've been a fan for a long time now.

21. Miss CCV Alis Volat Propriis.

ZOMG! I'm one of the biggest Ayumi Hamasaki fangirls! I love "Heaven," "Dearest," "Still Alone," "Hope Or Pain," and "Wishing!"

:spaz

22. KunoichiTenten is irrevocably dark-humoured.

I love Ayumi Hamasaki too ^_^ I like....

-Dearest
    -Moments
    -walking proud
    -Step you
    -Evolution

23. kawaii.sasuke koi o shiteru 帰る

Same, KT! :D I like Fairyland too, also.

24. suki_neko Love and Peace!!!

Ayumi hamaski is cool! i love all her music ^_^ i love
    *Dearest
    *Moments
    *Evolution
    these are the best song she made ^_^