1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. Some Pokémon went missing during Easter time. Please, help us to solve this case. Check Detective Pikachu and the Eggstravaganza Case.

Dismiss Notice
  6. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Azureus DL Speed

Discussion in 'Technical Difficulties' started by Mek Blaze, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Mek Blaze Colossal

For some reason when I download anything it goes so slow compared to other people. I have a good cable and made sure the ports are open and such. I also noticed that when I'm downloading, the amount I download (mb) frequently go down. When I check on general, it says it discarded like 10mb... Any way I can fix this leak/speed it up?

Tags:
  2. .Naptha .Sick to the Stomach.

I had a similar problem, and honestly I don't have the first clue how to fix it but I found that when I changed clients (to uTorrent) the whole thing was about 2x as fast.

Dunno how much that help that is(nt). :oh

3. kataimiko 忘れるものか この一分一秒を

well first off, make sure you are only downloading one large file/batch torrent at a time. If you try to download more than one thing at once, the speeds will drop dramatically.

After that, check and see how many people are seeding the file you are trying to download. Some files take longer, because they are just recently uploaded, or they have been dead for a long time and no one is seeding it anymore.

I find that when I use the "forced download" option, my speeds increase. I am not sure if this will work for you, but it is worth a shot.