1. NF staff is currently looking to add new advisors. We are pulling from all areas of the site. If you're interested, feel free to create a Staff Conference Room thread to discuss the details. Click here for more general info and discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

2. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  3. NF Game of the Year nominations have started. Stop by the Arcade.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

Bakugou and Deku have always been stronger than Shouto

Discussion in 'My Hero Academia' started by HekonoHero, Nov 17, 2018.

1. HekonoHero Member

Fact. Shouto is pretty much at his limit compared to them in combat and raw power feats. He's weak, but he's exactly wear Iida and Mudman are.

Discuss.

Tags:
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Deku Deku x 2
    • List
  2. pumkin1988 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I think Deku has "Naruto Syndrome" where he never shows all his abilities (that we know he can use) against friends/most enemies so in looking at the fights as a whole the reader is always left with the thought, "Why didn't he [this]?"

For example Naruto never used Gamabunta against Sasuke when he could have in a lot of times to win the fight. Likewise Deku never even used anything close to what we saw vs Muscular against Baku or Todo so he loses to them. So we get into these scenarios where we say
    >Well if Deku was bloodlusted or had that bonus hype from protecting his friends then....
    Then he is obviously the strongest character out there. But in regular 1v1 he will always lose to them because he honestly isn't trying his best. This is for Deku btw.

For Baku it is a tougher situation because if Todo is at his limit, as you state, then wouldn't Baku be the same? Disregarding themes like they are rivals hence Goku v Vegeta power scales, the only way Baku is going to get "stronger" is by bigger and more powerful explosions. Likewise Todo has bigger and more powerful ice/fire elements. If Todo stagnates then so does Baku IMHO.

I don't know how to really explain this but in 99% of situations Todo dominates and stomps both Deku and Baku. It is only when Deku is hitting the wall that only villains can make him go to then he wins and same with Baku. If he gets serious and puts his head into it then he wins vs Todo but otherwise Todo always wins because his power is constant.

So I guess for a simplified version:
    (where the kids are 99% of the time)
    Todo Power Level: 100
    Baku Power Level: 90
    Deku Power Level: 80

(where the kids are in very extreme situational rare cases)
    Todo Power Level Bloodlusted: 100
    Baku Power Level Bloodlusted: 120
    Deku Power Level Bloodlusted: 150

If this was an RPG of sorts

3. Tayimus Number One

You might enjoy my comments touching on the subject here--

4. Kroczilla Well-Known Member

Disagree with @bolded. Deku already fought shoto with basically the same level of recklessness he applies against villains and even then, the only reason he came close to winning was due to shoto holding back.

And speaking of bloodlust, all respect to bakugo and deku, but I don't think they are quite ready for a bloodlusted shoto considering his current flame level.

5. WorldsStrongest Padoru

Canada
    Deku and literally everyone who have ever seen Todoroki fight would disagree.

No he couldnt have

Off topic as fuck but...

Spoiler:
    Naruto couldnt summon Gamabunta reliably at all in Part 1. He needed to fully exhaust his own chakra first and then use Kuramas chakra in order to summon Bunta. He cant just throw that shit around willy nilly.

And even THEN, Bunta will only fight for him if the circumstances are right...Bunta was literally gonna let Naruto fight Shukaku the Sand Spirit ALONE because he felt he had no reason to fight. he only agreed to help Naruto fight after Gamakichi told Gamabunta that Gaara was attacking him as well.

Something tells me if he was gonna let Naruto eat shit against a BIJU, then he wouldnt exactly crush a 12 year old boy for Naruto just cuz Naruto called on him...

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  6. blackguyinpinksuit Well-Known Member

The downplay continues. I don't know if people are just doing it on purpose or not anymore.

Shouto was a panel away from melting a man made of steel who lived in furnaces for training against high flame temperatures. He was compared to the strongest current hero when it comes to firepower output. This is all without learning prominence burn yet.

As for being at his limit in combat...nope. Not until his learn to use both sides at once which seems to be his endgame. Going off his reflection of the last match he is already taking strides towards that seeing as he's going to stop always using ice first and thinking of flame as some last resort special move. Harmony and equality between his two powers is what he needs.

Don't know what bakugo or deku are gonna pull in their matches and i'm excited for it. But shoto is still ahead of the race strength wise for now until further notice.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • List
  7. Milliardo G.L.P.

It seems like a lot of Baku boys are nervous about Shoto so they want to downplay him. TC already admitted he was a fan of little Baku and there are more examples around here too. I don't get myself but I do find it entertaining. :hehee

8. blackguyinpinksuit Well-Known Member

It's hard to tell whether these guys be trolling or actually thinking they're right. Like it's cool you like whoever else more but facts are facts. Shoto is the strongest 1-A kid until evidence in the manga proves otherwise.

I do find bakugo fans a bit funny tho. Deku(100% OFA with eri backpack) and tokoyami(nighttime dark shadow) are the only ones who goes past shoto's strength under unique circumstances. What does bakugo got that can elevate him into another tier from what he usually show all the time?

But yeah let's just keep laughing at how a "fodder" tetsutetsu stood up to shoto. When "monsters" like jurouta got knock out by tsuyu throwing someone at him and fumikage got choked by someone with damn near no combat ability. The bias and hatred is really transparent.

9. HekonoHero Member

Shouto lost to a pipe. At this point him and Iida fight for 3rd place behind the true pillars of the class.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  10. rborges01 Well-Known Member

Linkmyboy72 I thought you said you would drop this series if Todoroki lost but instead you made yourself a dupe.

11. HekonoHero Member

12. blackguyinpinksuit Well-Known Member

This is another idiot. Hard to believe i know.

13. Indra I can't stop eating

14. Mythoclast Hyper Lethal

Didn't know Link had a brother. :mjlol

15. Thdyingbreed Rampaging Beast

He still has a couple of power ups like being able to use both his fire/ice simultaneously and being able to utilize Endeavor level flames consistently.

I’m a Bakugo fan but he seems closer to maxing out his quirk then Todoroki as there’s not really much you can do with explosions.

16. HekonoHero Member

If Bakugous superior in quirk talent, then the gap won't really matter. Bakugou is the only character that gets better with his quirk than anyone accept Deku. Shouto is still behind both of them in being a master of his fighting skills.

Bakygou is still supernaturally stronger than Shouto physically also. He can probably tank full powered prominence burn with how stronger he's gotten since fighting Deku.

17. Crow ♣️♥️

We all know who number 3 in this class is and that's....

Tokoyami after Dark

18. Astro Indubitable Moderator

If Deku wasn't so infatuated with Bakugo's nuts and being his cheerleader dick rider to earn the Naruto/Sasuke comparisons, this wouldn't even be a debate. In a series which genetics is a big proponent, Todo bears stock of one of the strongest individuals. Combining both his power and his lauded ice. In of itself that's amazing. Then we learn he's an astute combatant who matches power, technique and tactics. His weakness is his personality & upon fighting Deku and getting renewed perspective. Willingly giving up as he'd obtained a moral/personal victory. In their primes I see it as Deku >= Shoto > Baku. By and large that class is talented since if the Fumi, Eiji, Uraraka, Momo received equal parts nurturing and relevance they'd be monstrous.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  19. Kroczilla Well-Known Member

20. Yak Well-Known Member

Tanking prominence burn seems a bit excessive...

21. Tayimus Number One

I'd like to point out that I was the first (I think) that pointed out that Bakugou's importance to the main plot was entirely based on Deku. :chainer

You have got to be parodying Bakufags here... :confusedjr

22. Mythoclast Hyper Lethal

You think Bakugo is now Endeavor level?

….:hestonpls

23. TrueG 37 Well-Known Member

24. Linkmyboy72 Well-Known Member

The masses have spoken, Bakugo > Fagoroki.

25. rborges01 Well-Known Member

You forgot to post in your second account?

26. ~VK~ The King

27. Kor Well-Known Member

Shouto has kind of been nerfed since the Sports Festival.

He showed better application and cunning with just half his power, but seems to have lost his motivation or drive.

Kind of like someone who originally thought they were passionate about something but then burned out and are now rediscovering themselves.

As for Deku, he was a scrub with two shitty teachers(both who have admitted it now.)It took 1B showing off their growth and teamwork and nearly pulling a clean sweep Round 3 for Aizawl to admit Vlad is a better teacher. Deku was limited by how many times he could blow up his body.

Doesn’t mean you can say “Why didn’t Deku use this or that”, because he didn’t know how to do so at the time. He would’ve had to meet Gran Torino earlier but the latter hadn’t see him until he watched the festival on TV.