• Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

PC PS5 XBSX Switch PS4 XB1 BALAN WONDERWORLD - Bland Wonderland

JayK

This thread basically turned into one huge dubb for @JayK
Yuji Naka never was a good dev.

There I said it.

I think it's evidence enough that they released Colours and Generations right after he fucked off.

But if anyone here wants to tell me that pinball mechanics (which is among the most random ass things there are and barely leaves any player control) are a good idea for video games I won't be able to take you seriously anyway.

Disquiet

deeply unsettling
But if anyone here wants to tell me that pinball mechanics (which is among the most random ass things there are and barely leaves any player control) are a good idea for video games I won't be able to take you seriously anyway.
I won't take anyone seriously if they can't produce documentation proving that they beat Sonic Spinball at least once

Deathbringerpt

Dreamer of Possibilities
He's a pretty good producer. He led a lot of good games, inside and outside Sega. But Balan is the first game he *directed* and it's pretty obvious that the man needs a team of people who know what they're doing to translate his ideas into an actual good game.

I won't take anyone seriously if they can't produce documentation proving that they beat Sonic Spinball at least once

I beat it once when I was a little shitstain and even in my Sega blind childhood, I knew that game was bullshit.

He's a pretty good producer. He led a lot of good games, inside and outside Sega. But Balan is the first game he *directed* and it's pretty obvious that the man needs a team of people who know what they're doing to translate his ideas into an actual good game.

You're not wrong, but my point is, you'd think having a producer resume that lasted nearly 30 years, he'd be able to go "nah man, this needs more time in the oven". The running animations and platforming physics are a nightmare. They could've at least polished this a little. It's not like the game have been announced for a long time nor are the current "last gen" hardware going anywhere any time soon.

Top Bottom