1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

Bankai combo limit?

Discussion in 'Court of Pure Souls' started by Insipidipity, Dec 1, 2005.

1. Insipidipity Ignostic Buddhist

Remember how Uruhara said Shikai's had a certain number of times they could attack before they left an opening(like Ichigo did against Renji), do Bankai have that limit too? Plus not all Shikai seem to have it(Mayuri, Byakuya, Soi Fong)

So whats the deal?

Tags:
  2. Tsukiyomi Crazy Cyborg Monkey

I would imagine for Ban Kai's like Renji's and Komamura's that there would be a combo limit.

I can't see how Byakuya's could possibly have any limit to how many times it can attack, Hitsugaya's probably doesn't either since it consumes the environment.

Tousen's is just his normal sword so the same principals apply.

Mayuri's may have combo limits in its movement, but since it has its poison gas that can't really have a limit.

3. Seon Sero Master....

well I believe Urahara was only taking about Shikai so im going to stay on Shikai for now since Bankai most definetly doesn't follow this rule.

Byakuya: he as a limit of a one-hit one-chance kill,because if his SHIKAI(im warning you again I said shikai) desperses his sword into pettles which leaves him volnerable,while the petals attack one and return back. So he could use it once than have it return to him.

Kenpachi: given....no Shikai no nothing

Tousen: his is also a one-hit wonder type thing,since you would make you not able to hear, if this technique of his misses once the opponent would know what he does and attack before tousen could release it.

Zabimaru: given

Gin Ichimaru: the way I see it is that hes FUCKED if he misses,I mean Toushiro could have finished him if it wasnt for the fact that it was about to hit hinamori,see this is how it goes Shinsou, is blindingly fast yes,but if some stroke of luck you missed with it! the opponent goes it for the hit! so it goes with the one-hit one kill type methods aswell.

Aizen Sousuke: cant say anything
    Zangetsu: his shikai lacks speed, so he does land the brute strength or getsu(which he doesn't have full control over) we odnt know his limit yet,but since it made up of Reiatsu i would asume not much since he would burn out quick.

Soi Fong: She has a limit which only stops when he opponent dies...

4. Tsukiyomi Crazy Cyborg Monkey

I'm not sure we can say if his Shikai has a combo limit, its composed of thousands of pieces that respond to his will. To say there is a limit would mean there is a limit to how many times he can make them move before they have to become his sword again, I don't see how this is true.

We have yet to see a situation where he needs to try to attack more than once in succession. Against Ganju one hit was enough, against Renji's Ban Kai he thought that single hit did it, against Ichigo there was nowhere for the blades to go since Ichigo's blast was pushing them back.

Though I agree the combo limit probably only applies to Shikai (with the possible exceptions of Renji and Komamura.

5. Seon Sero Master....

yeah Komamura I would have to look in more since it was only shown ONCE to us,so meh... Renji I still believe that the limit applies, in fact I think the limit is one of the only weaknesses his bankai has,it's great in Strength and speed and power(if thats different from strength) too bad his weakness was shown to us in the first battle he had with it. but honestly him trying to use it as a wip and MISSING his opponent would suck since it's so huge,so when he's drawing it back....he's done if the opponent could get to him,but once again it probably only does apply to shikai only,Urahara never put into account Ichigo would get to Bankai within there time together

6. blazingshadow True Wind Rune

urahara was talking about all kinds of attacks. this isn't a strategy that always win you battles but it's good to keep in mind regardless. lets take the tomahawk example for this.

if you can't dodge a tomahawk missile then there's no point in counting how many shots the enemy can do before being empty and vulnerable but if you can dodge or resist the missile then you can begin planning a counterattack after the missiles are all spent.

lets take a sword as an example as well. if you do a wide swing with all your might you will be left defenceless after you do it but if you do repeated and quick stabbing motions the enemy will have a harder time to hit you even though he won't probably die as quick as the other way. knowing which is best in every situation is what makes a fighter win a fight without getting hurt that much.

in the case of bankai the one doing it will eventually run out of reiatsu and become vulnerable afterwards. (tousen probably can't keep the dome forever but if you are inside it you will have a hard time waiting until he gets tired, also byakuya can use his petals to attack and defend but if he were to use petals to attack he will have less to defend and before they come back to him your attack will be more effective than when he had all protecting him)
    good captains know about how to use their bankai the correct way so the vulnerable time is shorter. it is all about skill and experience, renji is less experienced and skilled than byakuya so his style is going to have more openings than byakuya.

7. Tsukiyomi Crazy Cyborg Monkey

Is waiting for them to run out of reiatsu a valid strategy? Ban Kai gives them a 5-10 time increase in reiatsu. Do you know of anyone who could last long enough for someone with 5-10 times a captains reiatsu to wear down?

8. Pratz Pirate Wannabe

I don't think he was talking about Shikais, I think he was talking about any attack in general. As in you could only get in so many hits before you had to take a step back. It was just more pronounced for the Zabimaru.

9. Insipidipity Ignostic Buddhist

Well mainly I just thought when Uruhara brought it up, it seemed like it was an important point. They gave an entire page flashback. But he's only used this fact once, and even then he missed and in the end he won in a completely different way. So I was just wondering why it was brought up if it loses its importance after a while.

10. Seon Sero Master....

Well Urahara's main goal was supposed to be to give Ichigo battle experience and to be smart when facing an opponent, I think his advice was hella useful. The fact that Renji also knew it was unlucky to Ichigo's part is all.....
    Look just because ichigo learned it and used it only once doesn't mean its not important anymore,it's just that EVERYONE else knows that aswell,it's just that Urahara taught him what everyone else knows too,since it seems to be working for them. Also, I bet Ichigo used it alot its just that they only emphisized it in the episode he did it.

11. Isshin Master of All

Well, I think during Renji Ichigo fight It was referred to that point just for the audience no to say "man, he was with Urahara for 10 days, did he learn anythig actually?". It was for the sake of the plot imo. If you think, there is always such a thing in general, as Hero is stuck at one point and he immediately remembers what his master told him and uses that for his benefit, for only that moment, only once... Then it looses its importance so, most likely we won't hear such thing as combo limitation again.

12. blazingshadow True Wind Rune

lets say they both use bankai and are at a similar level of power and skill. in that situation atrition (sp?) could win you the battle. like i said before, it's a good strategy but it won't win you all your battles. it just teaches you to not be wasteful in your attacks.