1. Dismiss Notice
  2. OPFC

Are you an artist that loves One Piece? Join the OP Fanart Contest in the Ohara Library!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice

Batman vs. threads are pointless

Discussion in 'Meta Battledome' started by Literally Exaggerated, May 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Literally Exaggerated Member

Even more pointless than other vs. threads I mean.

And yes, I realize I've made a couple Batman vs. threads myself, but the way those threads went has made me realize something.

Basically, Batman vs. nearly any powerful opponent has two possible outcomes:

1)Batman has time to plan, so he wins.

2)Batman has no time to plan, so he loses.

Seriously, plug in any opponent from Vash, to Colossus, to Superman, to Goku. This is the result you will always fucking get. Given sufficient time to plan, bats can beat anyone, without that time, he will lose against nearly any really strong opponent

Tags:
  2. mow <b> <color=red> THE <blink>notlame</blink> AVENGER

Thank you for makig this thread LE.

3. KK Guest

So, essentially, Batman is one of the most flawed fighters then, from what you're saying. Time is his only weapon it seems? :huh

4. mow <b> <color=red> THE <blink>notlame</blink> AVENGER

Not really. Batman is a genius and quite possibly the greatest stragiest in the comic world. If given the approriate time before hand, he will surely develop a strategy to defeat them. For a normal non-mutant human being in the comic world, that's saying alot.

5. martryn Dick in hand

I'd like to see a Batman vs Shika thread. No prep time, or with the same amount of prep time. I don't keep up with Batman comics anymore, so I don't know what sort of deductive leaps he can accomplish, but we all know that Shika can really throw down as well in the planning department, and its not like Batman has enormous stores of chakra to bust him out of a kagemane.

6. Vergil Busy procrastinating

I made a batman vs shika thread. the result was overwhelmingly in favour of batman. Bats just has everything: near unlimited resources, training in every single martial art, a body that pushes all the boundaries of human endurance, a very cool costume and of course a brain that can solve any problem.

so yeah - batman vs threads are pointless cos with time batman always win. However if there was a stipulation saying batman could NOT prepare then it's not as if he would always lose. he could beat those without any powers, or if they have powers then very limited powers. Batman's other greatest asset is his adaptability to any new situation. it's not as if he always needs to run to his cave and figure out how to beat them, he can do it on the spot using whatever he has at hand.

given prep time against shika, he'd probably develop the same chakra sealing machine as in the naruto movie, except smaller and throwable. without prep it would be a cfloser match but bats has way to much exp to lose

7. Arcanite New Member

If you're tired of seeing the "Batman (w/prep) wins over whoever" conclusions, why don't you handicap batman then. Oh, but then that would mean "whoever" needs a major advantages to win because "whoever" is that much of a wuss to start with.

8. hjkou Well-Known Member

K
    Lets see..

Batman vs Alucard
    How to win: He realises he cant kill Alucard, so he has to throw him into somewhere like.. The sun, and leave him there for all eternity.
    Whats wrong: Badluck, chump. How is a human like batman going to grab an ethereal being? Even if hes sitting in the Bat-HugeRobotWithGrapplingArm, hes not going to be able to touch Alucard. Plus Batman can't compete with Alucards speed. So GG.

Batman vs Superman PRIME
    How to win: His weakness is Kryptonite, so I'll have to inject it into him or something. Better yet I'll just blowup the sun to take away his source of power.
    Whats wrong: Badluck again, chump. Kryptonite injection, already done. Now lets just blow up the sun, OH WAIT, IM HUMAN? Without the sun I can't survive! My home planet will be FUCKED. GJ MR WAYNE.

Batman vs Goku
    How to win: Hmm, well I can throw him into space and he can't survive in space. Bang he's dead.
    Whats wrong: Third time lucky!
    Just kidding, tools.
    How is someone like Batman going to be fast enough to even touch Goku? Ok lets say he invents something to freeze time, then grabs goku and launches him into space with a rocket. After turning the freezetime machine off (to launch the rocket), Goku teleports to Namek, and from there shoots a midget beam at Earth and fucks Batman up. How does that sound.

I could go on, but typing Batman so many times is overloading my brain with intelligence. Argh, it's going to explode!

9. Literally Exaggerated Member

Alucard is vulnerable to holy spells, such as the ones that bound him to service, and the ones used by Anderson. Given enough time to plan, Bats could certainly arrange a way to exploit that weakness, especially since Alucard is ridiculously cocky when facing "regular" humans.

Now, Superman Prime would be a toughie, as would Goku. Give him enough time though, and Bats could beat them. I can't think how, because I'm not as smart as he is, but in the case of prime it would probably involve manipulating Imperiax, Doomsday and Darkseid into all attacking him or something, or somehow trapping him in a kryptonie dimension. If those sorts of things sound impossible, then you don't know Bats. Goku would be tough as well, but in his case he's a fucking moron. Give Bats enough time to plan, and he'd somehow trick Goku into a parallel universe or something.

10. Vergil Busy procrastinating

Batman against Goku? sneak attack with a biological weapon. Goku is vulnerable to viruses, so it's no big hassle for bats to use biological warfare. Hell he'd probably make one that would only work on saiyans.

Superman - batman has already created a new red version of kryptonite that attacks the cellular structure. Superman was totally helpless and it's scarred him to the point of seeing a flashing red light makes him panic a bit.

11. Blue Well-Known Member Supporting Staff Retired Staff

In "Alucard vs. Konoha", Alucard was overwhelmingly on top...

So Batman > Konoha? :huh

I think Batman might be able to take Alucard out. If Alucard doesn't know he exists for as long as it takes Batman to come up with something.

But I find it ludicrous that Batman wins versus someone, but a whole freaking city of ninja who could demolish Gotham City before Batman can find the keys to the Batmobile lose by default.

12. metronomy Active Member

Also Batman always seems to have Random things available for him when you least expect it. Does anyway remember the old Batman episode, where Batman gets chomped on by a Shark. In the batcopter, he only went and had some shark repellent handy.

Moral of the story. Batman probably has Ninja/Any Anime ever repellent in his batcopter.

13. Reznor Well-Known Member Administrator

:omg Not you too! :crying

I thought you above such things like A>B B>C A>C in the battledome. :sad

14. NineG That's The Bad Guy

you forget batman V.S goku ;)

15. metronomy Active Member

16. NineG That's The Bad Guy

oops sorry a little inpulsive with postin ^^

17. Ninja Genius Strong Survive, The Weak Die

lol um...no. Besides the battle dome in almost all comics people get into a situation to fight. I have yet to read a comic when two people appear in front of each other and say "lets fight homo!" (besides marvel vs dc)

So Batman fights well in reality (the closes thing to it actually) and everyone else fights better in random I appear right in front of you so I'm going to punch you fight unless the opponent is on the same strength level.

But this thread is true to almost everyone though. These battles aren't made with everyone in the same class or whatever, which I was trying to illustrate in my every human on earth vs an ant with no legs thread. battle in a vs thread can be interesting because he has a lot of martial arts skills and powerful weapons. But you say no super class fighters well that's still true to everyone. We can put Tsunade in a vs thread and no one will complain but we put her up against supes or broly then the thread is stupid.

I just hope people try to put people in some sorta class level in vs thread to make things a tad interesting.

18. jkingler J. Kinglecrab, Esq.

I think this thread has digressed to the point that everyone has forgotten its original intent...

Proceed with the oh-so-pointless Batman vs ___ convos, ya smacktards :p

19. metronomy Active Member

Uses his JK repellent :love

20. Cao Ren It..it...It's...Lu Bu!!

Now a days its Vash vs."insert here", soon it sgoing to be tree vs. tree soon.

21. metronomy Active Member

How did you come to that conclusion. :blink

22. SoulFire .....Nah

I think someone said batman could beat God if he had enough time...
    How futile. Batman is the uber jobber.

23. hjkou Well-Known Member

lets put it this way then, batman is cheesier than superman.

he wins vs everyone, for example:

Batman vs Superman PRIME, Alucard, Vash, SSJ10 Vegetto (hmm, lets just say he exists).

The battle starts, of course knowing that Batman has had _prep time_
    S, A, V, V: You are dead Batman, there is no way you can stop us!
    Batman: Oh dear, so many powerful enemies!
    *Short Pause*
    Batman: Good thing I happen to have this remote control on my belt, which has the words kill Superman, Alucard, Vash, SSJ10 Vegetto instantly on it.
    *Batman pushes button*

24. Vergil Busy procrastinating

now, until you've actually read any batman comics you have no idea what you're talking about. if you have...then you still don't know what you're talking about.

It's not as if Batman strolls in and just takes the win, he has to go through a lot of shit to do it. It's always a test of human endurance with Batman. he pushes himself harder than anyone on the planet. All he does in Gotham is solve crimes. Super crazy crimes hatched up by possibly the greatest villian to have ever existed - the joker. not to mention Two Face and the rest. If you are going by what you know from the movies....just don't. They don't even come close to telling what Batman is all about.

There will be times when he doesn't sleep or eat for days on end just to solve a crime. He's almost as crazy as the people he fights and completely obsessed with his mission.
    I can't comment on other characters but I've read some spidey comics and superman comics. they don't even come close to working as hard as Batman does. When he's out of costume he's training. he barely rests!

The point being that with a work ethic like that, of course he's going to win. when it comes to defeating someone, it's not a case of "I know I'm gonna beat them." it's more like "Even if I die, I'm gonna find a way and I'll beat him. I have to". That's why batman is one of the greatest comic characters around

25. Lord Prime Member

Batman is unstoppable when he plan, but wait he still kicks ass with out one omg Batman is the man!!!

26. Sasori <font color="#8B0000">● GB Genius ●</font>

Rez beat me to it.

27. Spy_Smasher Well-Known Member

Haec cum dixisset voce magna clamavit Thread veni foras. And, no, Batman can't beat everyone with prep. That's just stupid, frankly.

28. Comic Book Guy Cassandra Cain Fanboy Retired Staff

Prep-time is dependant on the resources available for said prep-time.

And no amount of prep-time can help you against certain opponents, unless said prep-time allows access to cosmic-level resources.

29. Tash U Turn

Batman w/ prep=Megas button. Has just the right thing to finish the fight.

30. Darklyre ponies!

Batman with 5 seconds of prep = he smacks that JLA beacon like it's Catwoman's ass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.