1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Battle Royale

Discussion in 'Akihabara Records' started by RavenMoonlight, Feb 2, 2005.

1. RavenMoonlight

who here likes battle royale?

i really think its a good manga series

Tags:
  2. kevin77

the movie was pretty good. The manga really has too many unecessary sex and violence scenes. But it's beautifully drawn.

3. RavenMoonlight

heh ya thats true..i like the story..

i WAS going 2 watch the movie 2day but i couldnt cause of the dvd systems >.<

4. Literally Exaggerated

the movie is awesome, cept for the ending. the book is fantastic. the manga is alright, but not up to the standards of the book

5. sharingan7

i saw the movie but im wondering were would i be able to get the manga for download and the book ,it sounds interesting from the post above

6. Lacus Clyne

Book > Manga > Movie At least in my opinion. I love them all though. I think the story is great and I love the drawings of the manga. They are fantastic:)

The manga is liscensed so you can't dowload it. I buy mine from Borders or Get out of my head!. The book is available there as well!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2005
  7. freegood

Any reviews on Part 2? Want to know if it's worth watching.

8. Miyuri

I realy enjoyed the manga, but I prefer the movie more...
    the manga is nice drawn though.

BR 2 disapointed me, the story was kinda lame... (just my opinion)
    ,compared to BR this one was bad

9. Shingo_OftheSand

Man battle royal is a good manga.i liked the movie but the manga really messed some people i know up.they freaked out because it was to violent for them lol but other then that they liked it.

10. Last of the Uchihas

I like the manga a lot better than the first movie. I have to see the second movie to see how good was it, but i have heard that it wasn't as good as the first one and that the female actress from the first movie isn't in it. How many volumes does this manga have? I have up to 11.

11. Voopi

I like Battle Royale manga, but I think the orginal movie is better.

12. IkariBattousai

I dunno, I like things with violence, but Battle Royale just seems to be violence for the sake of violence and I can only take so much of that before it no longer keeps my interest.

13. cloon

I like the BR manga (nice and violent XD) and the movie was good too but i think that the original book might be best for plot and story (it was quite controversial aswell)

14. Lacus Clyne

Dude the violence was necessary. If you drug kids, throw them on an island, give the weapons, and basically tell them "Kill or be killed", then a lot of violence is going to ensue.

15. hOmeb0i

rite here, i like BR1, BR2 did dissappoint me. aAe there ne other school, messed up movies rather than volcano high, dat has the same genre "gore" so to speak. like settings based on schools n stuff, i know suicide club is kinda in the categorie, but i still need to watch it. So is there any other movies u guys know? ahah im addicted to japanese movies even though im filipino. :D

16. cloon

i love them aswell. Good japanese horror movies are:
    The Grudge:Ju On(original)
    Ringu Series(the 3 original The Ring movies)
    Dark Water(I believe the americans are "re-making" aswell)
    A Tale Of Two Sisters(again, i believe the americans are "Re-Making"it)
    Ichi The Killer
    Audition(very, very, very sadstic)
    Joyu-Rei
    Suicide Club
    Thats all the horror movies i can think of right now

As for non horror japanese movies:
    There are heaps of good ones, one thing that annys me is when people think of japanese film they think of the horror movies they know of, or the no-where-near-as-good-as-the-original "re-makes". Japanese film has much more to offer then just horror.

If you really want to see some classic Japanese cinema, watch any or all films by Kurosawa.

17. Jin

I though the manga was good. I liked the first movie alot. Never seen the second one. Hear it was crap.

18. Jin

Ichi The Killer
    The Princess Blade
    Volcano High (NOT the MTV version) I was So P.Oed about that crap
    My Wife is a Gangster
    Azumi
    Three (dont think its japanese)
    Audition (HOLY CRAP) Good movie- F**K Up but good movie

I like alot of Hong Kong movies

19. santosj

So MTV raped Volcano High but I guess, they did an alright job. Ha ha, I'm kidding up the ass they did it, they did it up the ass. I wanted to buy Ichi the Killer as I read the summary and thought it would be cool to watch. Are they making a sequel to Volcano High? It was pretty cool DBZ action scenes.

Battle Royale was a defining moment for me after I watched it because it was so damn screwed up and awesome at the same time. I got to thinking about the movie and the elements that it is composed out of. I am reading the manga now but haven't brought up to the infamous Lighthouse scene. I watched that scene in the movie and read it in the book. I just hope the Manga plays it out just as good.

Actually, I think the manga does a better job at following the book than the movie did. The manga does have some more explicit sex scenes in it than the book (which had like half of one). Have to imagine that in Japan, those kids were 14 and 15 so I don't know how they got away with all of them.

Oh my god, I was reading the 8th volume when the hardcore crazy bitch kills those two boys and at the end the chick bangs the geek. I'm thinking there is no way in hell that thing could be that size in real life. What, 15 inches?

20. cloon

i've only read vol 2 and 4 of the BR manga, is it worth collecting the rest?

21. santosj

Only of you like gore and hentai. The lighthouse volume should be the best part and it is really the only reason why I'm collecting the rest.

22. cloon

So is it woth collecting the rest?

23. Mejas

Great series, though God! They are only 15!!! Whats with the sex and stuff? That chick looked like she was like 20 something... MAN

24. sharingan7

so how many volumes or chapters have come out and/or have been translated???????????

25. cloon

Are the sex scenes like, extreme?

26. cloon

how far into the story are the extremities, i've already seen the violence, and is it pretty much the same as the BR movie, or more extreme

27. Mejas

Theres one thats pretty extreme, I think its like in volume 8 to 10 ish or something.... It was between the Angle of Death chick and some random guy... She "rapes" him to death... It was pretty intense... I actually havent read the series in a while... Though I own all the english translated volumes they have out at the moment

28. cloon

whenever i go to my manga retailer, they never have volume 1 of a series that i want to collect so i just bought vol 2 out of impatience, and later on vol 4

29. Mejas

Hmmm.... Have you checked online? Volume 1 wasnt really that hard for to find at the time I bought it... Might I also suggest your read the nonmaga book... It was REALLY good. I rsommend it. It wasnt that highleveled of a read, but the psychological background in the book was phenomonal. The movie wasnt to bad either...

30. cloon

they actually have the book at my local comic shop