1. Come enter in the KCC Pet Photo Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We are pleased to invite you to participate in the Naruto Battledome Banner Contest.

Dismiss Notice

Battlefield 2142

Discussion in 'NF Archives' started by Kayo, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Kayo ?

So anyone playing this game? It just came out here and I am getting it on friday.
    I tried out the demo and it reminds me of UT 2004 but with a better gameplay. Alot of people complain because the game haven't changed that much after Battlefield 2, graphic and gameplay wise, but I think this game is incredible.

I recommend it for every FPS fans :nuts

Anyone else thinking about getting it?

Tags:
  2. gnutte ~Bored~

It feels like a modification to BF2. Didn't like it very much.

3. Corruption The Sword in the Darkness

Played the demo and loved it, gonna pick it up once I get some money. It is like BF2, but that's the good thing. Plus everyone in my BF2 clan is always playing 2142 instead.

4. Thandurin Is lurking...

While it does feel more like an expansion pack than a whole new game I definately like titan mode and the futuristic look(reminds me of tribes).

5. 2Shea Touch?

While it does indeed just seem like an expansion of sorts, It's still incredibly fun and I gladly bought it.

6. Corruption The Sword in the Darkness

Yea, but its also different, the gameplay is basically the same except for titan mode, but thats what I like about it. And it has that futuristic feel, with new maps and weapons. Also, the loading times for the maps supposed to have gone down.

7. 2Shea Touch?

Oh yeah, the loading times have been cut by like more than half. It's awesome.

8. Corruption The Sword in the Darkness

Once I upgrade my RAM on my computer it'll play pretty good. For BF2 and 2142, they take like 2gb of RAM for optimal play.

9. 2Shea Touch?

I never really had a problem w/ BF2's loading times, as I have 2.5 gigs of ram, but with 2142, it's lightning fast.

10. Thandurin Is lurking...

Yeah, right now I have only 1 gig and it does effect my performance noticably but not as bad as BF2 did, it's still playable. Only real problem i've had with it hardware wise is DICE still makes it a pain for people who get their internet through a network to get portfowarding set up.

11. Corruption The Sword in the Darkness

Im playing with 512 of ram, so the load times are long, and it lags a little in the beginning of a game. But, im upgrading to 2gb soon.

12. Kayo ?

I'm running it with GF 6800, 2GHz processor and 1GB ram. But I can't have it higher than medium because then it starts to hack a bit :(

13. Baby Raptor Disciple of Jiriaya-sama!

i have question for you i am not know about Battlefield but i hear that game is pretty good but it is worthly get to buy?

i am love FSP but i wonder waht is requirment memory card ? i have laptop have 1.5GB it will enough to play or need i get upgrade?

they have own one-player mode??

thank you for answer

14. Thandurin Is lurking...

1.5 gigs should be enough, though single player is just fighting bots not a true single player game. It offers one of the best multiplayer game experiences ever though. If your playing on a laptop you might not have good enough a graphics card though.

15. Corruption The Sword in the Darkness

It'll probably be fine to play it on your laptop. I only got 512 ram and a crappy video card and it runs fine. And if you like FPS, you should get this, but only get it if your gonna play online. One last thing, 2142 has conquest mode and titan mode.

16. Thandurin Is lurking...

If ya don't know conquest is where you try to hold different points on the map to bring down your enemies score to 0, titan starts out pretty much the same except at some point in the game depending on how you do, your teams or your enemies titan(large floating aircraft carrier sort of thing) will lose its sheilds making it vulnerable to invasion by the opposite team. You can just continue holding area points which gradually kills the enemy titan anyway but its faster to destroy it by raiding it.

17. the 1 and only jj Katon Goukakyuu no Jutsu

im just gonna say this, i bought BF2 when it first came out, first thing i experienced was my cd would not install the game. once i got it installed by using my friends cd i started to play. now i have an ati radeon x850 XT and i could run the game but the lag was incredible. i also found a whole bunch of clitches in the game. not to mention that when i would connect to a server i could not do anything for like the first 5 mins because of lag even though i have a 10mb connection. i also did not like the gameplay, there was little to no team work and for me that is key in any FPS. not to metnion your team would kill you if you got in the jet/heli is they wanted to fly it. even with all thisa stuff i still played it just waiting for them to update and ix the problems they needed to fix, but instead of fixing the problems they needed to fix they make a whole new game. so that has made me lose all respect for the BF game series and i will not ever buy another BF game because of the problems i experienced.

18. Corruption The Sword in the Darkness

Yea, there were alot of problems in BF2, but the 1.4 patch cleared up most of them.

19. Ikashi Silent but Deadly.

not that great. Even though I only played the demo. I didn't amaze me as much as it did with the BF2 demo. It feels like an expansion pack almost. The graphics stayed the same, and there wasn't much of a jump like BF1942 to BF2. It's alright I guess. But still same concept, main game style that changed was the Titan mode.

20. c_wong428 ...!? WAAAAAA CHAAAAAAA

totally shithouse, its a shame EA decided to give BF2 the flick for this piece of crap. Its just some pathetic mod, that looks like 13 year olds who've overdosed on ritalin have dreamed up.

Again, a shame they jacked BF2 for this hunk o crap.

21. Kayo ?

Mate I just bought the game today and it's awesome, maybe you are too hard on it. I love all the vechiles, very fun. There are some bugs but they will hopefully get fixed.

22. McDoogle This will do until i think of1

My brother is looking forward to it but i dont particulary like it from the previews etc because its becomes too unrealistic when its set like 136 years in the fufure, i like games that are more present than anything eles.

23. Thandurin Is lurking...

Well, its basically a slightly improved version of BF2 with a new mode so your not missing out on much if you don't get it.

24. 2Shea Touch?

Its personal prefrence everyone, just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it sucks.

Personally, I liked BF2 alot, and I like 2142 alot. If I like it, then I buy it and play it, end of story.

Plus, I like SciFi, so future type stuff is great to me.

25. Kayo ?

It's not too much unrealistic, this game actually reminds me of MGS4 (the desert themed map, camoflauge, the big walkers)
    It's nothing like Halo with laser guns and aliens.

26. Thandurin Is lurking...

Yeah, I noticed that too. Only thing I don't really like about it is the maps do get old quickly because they all are either desert or snowy themed, very little variation.

27. Fyrwulf New Member

An important note is that you have to upgrade to the latest version of Dx 9.0c, otherwise your game is going to continuously lock up and you'll even get the occasional BSOD.

Btw, I love the EU tank. I kick ass in the EU tank. Walkers and hovertanks quake when my main gun fires. It's too bad there isn't a huge armour battle type map like El Alamein XL/XXL, because I love huge armour battles.

28. Gyokusai Member

I think Verdun is a good map to have some big armor battles. On my team we had 2 battle walkers leading a group of 4 tanks and 2 APCs. Needless to say that the other team didn't stand a chance against that.

Oh well, I don't know if this a glitch or not, but I deleted one of my characters and it told me that it would lose all progress blah blah blah, but when I created another soldier with the same name it had all the previous unlocks and the same rank...odd...

29. Fyrwulf New Member

Well, so far I've only played the demo because I lack the money to get the full game, but that does seem about as big as it gets as far as armour battles go. The BF2 version of El Alamein was great because there was literally tons of armour, both sides had enough for two platoons of tanks and a platoon of Bradleys.

30. Kayo ?

Got up like 3 ranks today ^^
    I love the 6 person tanks(or whatever they are called). I was playing Fall of Berlin and had 40 kills, 3 deaths when the round was over.
    The theme of this map is sweet too, snow all over the city heh.