1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Beck

Discussion in 'Off the Air' started by onlythestrongest, Oct 10, 2004.

1. onlythestrongest EroKage

Anyone else get a look at this new series? So far one eps is out but it really made an impression on me, its a little different than most stuff out now and has a pretty good soundtrack so far.

Whats everyone else think of it? here's a link to the synopsis and torrent.
    Link removed

Tags:
  2. Glitch87 New Member

Okay, i like the story, I like the music, i like the overall style of the show. I find it very origional and fresh to the anime world

What i don't like is the use of English. If they can't do it right, they shouldn't use it alt all. It's hard to explain, you sorta hear the english, but it sounds literally like a bunch of retards. To top it off, they curse a lot in english... So so far the anime has portraid americans as retarded monkeys who curse like sailors. There was even a black guy and the only thing he said was "what the fuck!?" I was like... wow, that makes black people look really great. Not many blacks in anime and when they do have one hes gotta be a moron.

Aside from that huuuuuge gripe that will turn most people away, beck is an interesting story so far.

3. onlythestrongest EroKage

Yeah the English dialog was wierd at times, I think some or all of them were drunk. Its definitely not the worst English speaking parts ive heard though.

4. Boco Flookie

I really liked it. I hope to see more of it. When everybody started to curse in English, I started laughing my ass off. It sounded so funny. Anyways, I hope Beck has some really cool music. It had better, seeing it is an anime about a rock band... At least, I think it is... X_X

5. Kro The Hunter

I like ti especially cause its sumthin a bit different. The reason y i downloaded it was cause i jus got an electric guitar but im to lazy to elarn how to play, so hopefully this anime will giv me sum inspiration

6. Shikamaru The Genius

... Maybe it's because, I don't know, they're Japanese? The Japanese language and the English language are polar opposites. If you speak Japanese, it's a lot harder to speak English. If you speak English, it's a lot harder to speak Japanese.

OH MY GOD! NO WAY! ALERT THE PRESS! SOMEONE'S CURSING!

So, because the anime has a lot of cursing, like a lot of the mature ones do in Japan, it's because they're intentionally attempting to portray as idiots? Oh! But you don't stop there! Because they're not native English speaking people, they're RETARDED! So, well, they're naturally portraying Americans to be retarded sailors! I sure am glad they've got Sherlock Holmes on the case!

Holy shit, now you're going on an anti-racism tirade. You're good - you get to the truth of the matter (that is, Japan's secret hate for America), but you also have time to figure out that the Japanese are all racist towards black men! WOW! Do you secretly work for the CIA? YOU SHOULD!

Give me a break. You throwing around the word "retard" every five minutes like it's going out of style, is more offensive than there being a black man portrayed as an idiot. Have you ever seen a movie in Holywood? How about recently, such as Resident Evil 2? The black character in that movie did nothing but spout out ridiculous "BLING BLING HOMIES" crap that has been stereotyping black men since rap became a mainstream genre of music in the early 90s. What this anime is doing, is absolutely nothing in comparison to some of the movies being made on the soil in the "Good Ol' US of A." But I guess America's allowed to make a complete mockery of the race in every movie, whereas Japan can't happen to have a stupid character whose skin is black.

Geez, you're an idiot.

7. Majin Tenshinhan Shichi Bukai

Beck? hmm, I guess its not what im thinking about... Beck is also a couple of movies about a police solving murders. The swedes know what im talking about.

8. Shikamaru The Genius

It's also a music band. I figured the anime would be based off of them initially, with such crap as the t.a.T.u. crap coming out. Or already out. Whatever it is.

But it's just about music in general, though I've got no motivation to check it out whatsoever.

9. Glitch87 New Member

wow, what the hell? Why do you care so much? Sorry but whether you like it or not, i was just stating what i saw. I like the anime, i think it's cool. You're the one here that's stating the obvious. aside from the first comment you made about the voices in general, every single one following that was pointless, stupid, and obvious. Again, what the hell, are you my mother? There was no other way to describe the voices in my opinion. Haha, maybe i should just use synonyms for the world retard, because i care SO much about what some ass nitpicks about my post. Really guy, my problems with the show were the voices alone and how they used them. Everything you talked about (after the first comment) wasn't even what i was concerned with. You might as well have been talking to somoene else.
    You spent WAY too much time writing something so trivial.

About the first comment , because it seems that is the only one worth answering: I know that it's harder to speak english as a japanese person, that's why i said they shouldnt have used it at all. Can't you read?

Obviously, in resident evil 2, the black guy was meant to be comedic relief... in Beck? nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2004
  10. Kaddel New Member

New Anime: Monster, Beck, Gankutsuou

After I found out about Bleach, I checked it out and quickly realized how awesome it was. Finally, a new anime that I can enjoy as much as Naruto. After realizing that there were other good animes out there I started downloading random series. I ended up finding a few amazing series.

The first one I found was Monster. It is about a brain surgeon that saves the devil incarnate as a child and then tries to stop him later in life. This one is awesome, I highly recomend it.

The next one I found was Beck. It is about a group of highschoolers who try to put a band together. It is only on the 6th episode so the story has just begun. If you like underground music, you should like this anime. I just wish there was a web site dedicated to it so that I could see when the next sub will come out.

The last one I found was Gankutsuou. This anime is beautiful. It has such an amazing look to it. The story is loosely based off of the count of monte christo and set in the distant future. This anime takes some getting used to, but I promise by the 4th one you will be wanting more.

But there is a big problem with Gankutsuou, the studio that makes it is starting to threaten the subbers in America. I do not understand this. If it wasn't for the subbers I never would have found the anime. Up until I heard about the legal action that was threatened, I was anxiously awaiting the Japanese release of the series' DVD.

That's what I do, watch subs, then buy the DVD's straight from Japan (if they have a sub feature.)

Please try these animes. And if you like Gankutsuou, please post here so that we can start some sort of petition to the studio.

Thanks for reading this long post.

11. hakke Bird in a cage...

I agree, all 3 are great... considering the amount of average/bad anime out there.

-Grenadier
    -Vietiful Joe
    -Yugiohgx
    -Sunabozu

Avoid these if you can.

12. Orihime Banned

Notice how you are talking about anime then notice that this is the MANGA forum. Can someone tell me what is wrong here?

MOVED!

-_-

13. Kro The Hunter

I been watchin all those series cept monster, and i like em all especially beck. At first i hated gankutsuous colouring style but afta a few eps i came to like it.

14. Arilou Viking Ninja

Monster reminds me of an old american TV series called "Hunted" (I believe?) they made a movie of it as well... That to is concerning a surgeon who is framed for a murder he did not commit and is trying to get the real killer while avoiding capture...

15. Diaketh Number VII

I've read the Monster manga, it rocks! :D Really creapy though.

16. Chillin The New Sword

I'm a little pissed that they removed Gankutsuou from most fansub sites, now I won't be able to see the rest until it's licensed :mad

17. kevin77 Newtype

I believe it was called "The Fugitive"

Even tho there are similarities between those 2, Monster is way way way darker than the american novel. "The Fugitive" is about a single murder case, whereas Monster treats about such taboo themes as Nazism. It was a brilliant story tho.

18. Pervert-Sennin 腕時計Yakitate 日本!!

Just go to anime-kraze site they got it there.

For Beck Ive read the manga and its awsome its better than the anime but the anime is good too becuase now you can acually here what they are playing and how it sounds.

Im a big fan of The Count Of Monte Cristo and love gankustuou,I like what Gonzo did with the animation.

For Monster,I havent seen it yet i might check it out if I have time.

19. junsctr23 New Member

I enjoy Beck a lot. Its probably one of my favorites right now.

20. Code Zoamelgustar

I've gave all of them a try when they were first subbed with the exception of Monster. Right now i'm only on Episode 3 of Monster, only saw 1 Episode of Gankutsuou but might give it another try, Beck well I saw a few episodes then read 19 volumes of the manga in 2 days... Bleach well the best of the bunch IMO i've been up to date with the manga for a few months and I just watched episode 9 and 10. They're all good but Monster is quite overrated... but it is very good. The only one I need to give another try is Gankutsuou, I didn't hate the 1st episode but just wondered how things will develop seeing as how I never read Count of Monte Crisco which I was planning to read a while back but I saw parts of the movie.

21. Mariwara no Kami ハシーシ

*smells a Beck Thread comming*

22. Kaddel New Member

Really? Where did you get the manga? I abslolutely love the anime. It doesn't need flashy fighting or explosions. It just has a great story.

23. NinjaJedi007 d[-_-]b

im really starting to get into beck. i need the get more episodes cause its more interesting than i thought it would be. the opening song is so freakin awesome too! i cant tell you how many times ive listened to it. quite a catchy song.

24. NinjaJedi007 d[-_-]b

im getting into this series a lot. i want to continue watching this show to find out whats going to happen. its not jumping directly into the story but that isnt a bad thing. it keeps me interested. i think that the english usage is pretty funny, especially when the kids encounter the guy and his car :eek:) o well. the music is awesome tho! intro theme is so freakin awesome.

25. Sasuto 4th hokage's son

Its a great anime! First musical anime that a watch. Just wanted to know...is ther emore than 10 episodes?..

ARE THEY TAKING A BREAK OR WHAT?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2005
  26. Sasuto 4th hokage's son

Are they taking a break or what?...sorry for the double post but i though that when you edit, the thread would been on the first page and it didnt.

27. Orihime Banned

Well, as for the English parts of the anime, it's not like they had a choice in that matter, as that's how it happened in the manga... well most of it anyway. :p They're just sticking to the manga. Can't really say much about Beck anime, but just love the manga better.

28. Sasuto 4th hokage's son

Wow this serie is going better and better!! anyone saw 21?? great episode!

29. kyubinaruto75 Level 99 Monk

i like the story and everything. its just the english. ryuusuke keeps saying things in english and the ppl in there thinks he's cool but ... its really gay o.O

30. xenex Mindless Student

Maho taking a swing at Koyuki with a chair = best scene in an anime ever.