1. chrolloseum
    Take your chances in The Chrolloseum!
    Opened September 29th through October 15th
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Berserk game: Chapter of the Millenium Falcon (PS2)

Discussion in 'NF Archives' started by SeruraRenge, Sep 20, 2005.

1. SeruraRenge

I just ordered this game from Playasia. Looks really nice. Here are the trailers for it. I praise Sammy Studios for creating a game even more bloody than God of War. And now they're making a Fist of the North Star game, which will be a BLOOD EXTRAVAGANZA!!!!!!

Tags:
  2. k1nj3

Looks nice.. ;)

3. SeruraRenge

Yeah, it does. Also, despite how complex the manuevers look at times (espcially with the Zodd and Gurunberd fights), they said it is so simple it is ridiculous.

4. A2L

wow after reading some of the manga i recognize some of those parts... curious on far the game goes up to though... story wise =/

5. SeruraRenge

It goes from a lttile after the he kills Mozgus (right before the duel between Gattsu and Zodd on the Hill of Swords), up to the point right after he uses the Beast's manifestation of the Berserk's armor to beat Gurunberd (kinda)

6. Mongoloid Gnome

The Dreamcast one covers the first part, right? I was willing to get this, and I think I will. It looks so cool.

7. SSJLance

Yeah this game is pretty cool, I got it a while back. The boss fights are pretty cool but the animal slaughter thing is really hard to do (at least for me) This is probably one of the only hack and slash games that I actually liked.

8. SeruraRenge

The first one was loosely based on the manga. Some new characters were thrown in, some were taken out. Balzac (I still can't get over the hilarity of his name) is in it, and it basically ends right before the PS2 one begins. Also, since it takes place during this part of the arc, you have not only Puck as an ally, but Serpico, Isidro and Schierke as well.

Hmmm...it says there are several hours worth of cutscenes. That's probably to make up for the fact that, like all action slashers, it's a relatively short. Also, do you get more cutscenes in Hard Mode?

Personally, I was hoping for a game that takes place during the Golden Age Arc (from when he joins the Hawks, up until everyone is slaughtered during the Eclipse)

Yeah, I heard that it's hard mostly because you can't heal. But you get Zodd's Sword if you finish lvl 10, and for some reason, lvl 9 gets you an....electric guitar???

9. Mongoloid Gnome

And after that you get Puck's Super Duper Weapon :)

My game arrived yesterday, pretty amazing if you ask me. Pure hack&slash though, but it's so damn cool, I really feel like Guts when I'm cutting through the enemies.
    And the game is very english friendly, there's just one new character in the game, didin't ruined the story or anything like that, it was very cool actually.

10. SeruraRenge

I have a problem. I got mine today, but it won't load up. Now, I have a Swap-Magic, so loaded it up, did the swap, pressed a button to begin, but then the screen simply went black after the SM. Does anyone know what the problem is? I've tried several times, but the same thing always happens.

11. SeruraRenge

thx a bunch, rep for you! I'm not sure if it'll work, but it's the best idea I've heard so far! Now all I need is to be able to get near the comp in my house with the DVD burner.

12. ez

I love berserk, too bad i stopped following it :[

13. Kucheeky Badkuya

Why????

Its like the best manga ever, well its up there.

14. CABLE

correction.

this game is worth every penny for berserk and even non-berserk fans.

15. Kucheeky Badkuya

I don't know, Gantz, Monster and Hellsing are up there. Thats some tough competition.

@ Topic: Is this the PS@ game? I loved the Dreamcast Berserk, it was the only Dreamcast game I had it was so much fun cutting people in half.

16. Mongoloid Gnome

Random post at skullknight.net forum:

My ps2 is modded, so the game works fine, the loads are long though, I hope the quotation helps. The game is great, finished everything yesterday, doing the hardest mode now.

17. SeruraRenge

Damn it! My PS2 won't read my SwapMagic CD version (then again. it always had trouble doing that)

18. Kaki

wow, three + reviews I must now check this game out.....
    So it trule is just a hack and slash that is english friendly?
    cool...

19. BladeofTheChad

i have HDADvance 3.0, will this let me play it? otherwise i wont get it...

20. Kaki

I've got a swap magic 2.0 USA build, and a slide card, I shall use these to play it ....

21. SeruraRenge

the game is all english except for the story dialouge and subtitles.

Also, this game doesn't like to cooperate with v2 of Swap Magic. Works fine with version 3, so I've heard.

EDIT: If you want to see the game's cutscenes, then here ya go
    Shadow of the Colossus at Google Video

Last edited: Mar 13, 2006
  22. Kaki

Cool I'm going to get it ASAP

23. SeruraRenge

cool. Here are some tips for a new player!

1. If you see the Sacrifice Brand on ur life gauge, PRESS TRIANGLE IMMEDIATELY!!! Trust me, every time Gatts does it, he proves just how badass he is. Actually, his specials/fatalities are basically essential to winning boss fights later on.

2. Try to level up Puck's Fairy Dust and yur arm cannon first. At max level (3), Puck's Dust heals 80% of yur max HP. At the arm cannon's max level (5), you can fire it every 15 seconds (considering you have to wait 2 minutes in-between shots at level 1, this is awesome!)

3. Search around the levels for these little monsters that don't attack you. They are called Spriggans. They come in red, yellow, and green. Here is what each does:

Red: I'm pretty sure that they give you a bit of exp, can't remember. They're the hardest to find, and usually only appear in New Game+. They are needed in order to reach the higher levels of your abilites. WARNING! Killing them will cause an ambush, but it's worth it!​

Yellow (I'm using orange cuz the yellow is impossible to read): They recharge your spells and weapons for you. That's it. Pretty useful if you still have lvl 1 on yur cannon.​

Green: Give you a set amount of exp. I think the first one you find gives 3000 exp points.​

4. The bosses in this game range from pathetic to godly in levels of power. Also, bosses seem to be a little easier to kill if you fight them the way Gatts did in the manga.

Hope it helps!

24. Kaki

Cool, thanks for all the helpful hints! BTW did you find that the game had any replay value?

25. SeruraRenge

Well, there are 4 difficulties to it (the last one is IMPOSSIBLE. Don't even try it. Trust me. You won't win.)

Also, there is a boss battle mode after you win, as well as a 100-animal slaughter. In that, you basically, just kill 100 monsters under certain conditions. There are 10 levels to it. They are a bit of a pain in the ass since Puck is unavailable in this (so no healing). Each level gets you a certain prize after you beat it. Here are the prizes (ripped the list off GameFAQs):

[----+-----------------------+-----------------------------------------------]
    [ ## | Weapon Name | Method of Extraction ]
    [====+=======================+===============================================]
    [ 00 | Dragonslayer | Default weapon ]
    [ 01 | Gatsu's Raider Sword | Clear level 1 of 100-Animal Murder Mode ]
    [ 02 | Poleaxe/Halberd | Clear level 2 of 100-Animal Murder Mode ]
    [ 03 | Casca's Sword | Clear level 3 of 100-Animal Murder Mode ]
    [ 04 | Isidro's Fire Dagger | Clear level 4 of 100-Animal Murder Mode ]
    [ 05 | Grunbeld's War Hammer | Clear level 5 of 100-Animal Murder Mode ]
    [ 06 | Wooden Club | Clear level 6 of 100-Animal Murder Mode ]
    [ 07 | Azan's Iron Bo(Staff) | Clear level 7 of 100-Animal Murder Mode ]
    [ 08 | Elemental Axe | Clear level 8 of 100-Animal Murder Mode ]
    [ 09 | Electric Guitar | Clear level 9 of 100-Animal Murder Mode ]
    [ 10 | Zodd's Sword | Clear level 10 of 100-Animal Murder Mode ]
    [ 11 | Puck's Bloody Needles | All stages have 0% enemy saturation ]

26. Kaki

Do you just play as Gutts in this game? Dose he weild those wepons?
    Is 100-Animal Murder Mode as fun as it sounds?
    Also, about how many hours of gameplay did you get out of it? Are you done with your's?

27. SeruraRenge

yeah, although I wish I could play as Serpico too.
    yeah. It's funny to see him swinging around an electric guitar as a weapon.
    it's fun, but at times it's as hard as hell
    well, the main story can be beaten in 10 hrs if yur good. The game goes from Gatts and Zodd's battle at the Hill of Swords (volume 22) to the burning of Flora's mansion, and Gatts receiving the Berserker armor (volume 27). Might take a while to beat Gurunberd and Zodd at the end though. The # of hours of gameplay put into this game all really depends on if you like Berserk enough.

28. Kaki

Too bad, well, we can hope for a sequal....

I bet.....

I was wondering, are you willing to part with your copy? or is it good for a pop now and then?

29. SeruraRenge

actually, I only got the damn thing to work recently, so I still play it. Strangely, playasia charges quite a bit for this game.

30. Kaki

Yea, cool, indeed I was just wondering If you had grown tired of it(I forgot who said what eralier in this thread) and figured it may work if you were willing to sell and I wanted it....enjoy your's I'll get one somewhere.....