1. The NF Anime Awards for 2017 are out! Go check them out here!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice

Berserk

Discussion in 'Akihabara Library' started by Reznor, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Reznor Administrator Administrator

<b>Test</b>
    Berserk
    by Kentarou Miura

Synopsis:

Guts, a former mercenary now known as the "Black Swordsman," is out for revenge. After a tumultuous childhood, he finally finds someone he respects and believes he can trust, only to have everything fall apart when this person takes away everything important to Guts for the purpose of fulfilling his own desires. Now marked for death, Guts becomes condemned to a fate in which he is relentlessly pursued by demonic beings.

Setting out on a dreadful quest riddled with misfortune, Guts, armed with a massive sword and monstrous strength, will let nothing stop him, not even death itself, until he is finally able to take the head of the one who stripped him—and his loved one—of their humanity.

[Written by MAL Rewrite]

Genres: Fantasy, Seinen, Action, Drama, Horror
    Chapters: 347
    (as of September 2016)
    Release: Monthly
    (in Young Animal)
    Old Threads:

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2016
    Tags:
  2. Tazmo The Supreme Cheese

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

3. Roƅ Suck my dick, Suit

Germany
    Wyald vs. Goat Demon? :hmm

4. Roƅ Suck my dick, Suit

Germany
    New Thread, :woo

5. Tian Black Dragon Hei Long

Breaking in a new thread! So do you guys want Guts to succeed in taking down griffith, if not why. I never see this discussed. Its mostly "We saw what he did so he must die". I get there was a prophecy to suggest things possibly going to hell but that could be as a result of Guts interfering with griffiths kingdom. What are people's thoughts.

6. Bleach Bleach

Is this still just releasing like 1 chapter per 4 months? It's hard to keep up when there's never anything coming out

7. Bender Bite my shiny metal ass!

Of fucking course I want Guts to wreck Griffith's shit.

8. Tayimus Number One

Actually, when I wa a kid, I wanted Guts to destroy Griffith/Femto, but now when I think bout it, not anymore.

Femto is a frigging God (Hand :zaru). He's already won! There's no conceivable way of killing him, much less harming him. Guts plunged the Dragon Slayer into Slan and all that happened was she had an orgasm. Are you kidding me with that?! On top of that, Guts and Caska are fated to go to Hell when they die. Destined. Why should Guts waste the remaining years of his pathetic life trying to kill Griffith. He has a much higher chance of dying than succeeding, and even if he does, there's still the other frigging members of the God Hand. Guts doesn't even have some altruistic goal in killing Femto. All he has is revenge, and revenge just isn't good enough for the kind of trouble he's putting himself through.

Realistically, I would want him to accept his circumstances, give up on Femto, and focus on Caska (he's already on that road). Were I in Guts place, I would take Caska somewhere and live out the rest of our days with as much peace as possible (since I'm gonna have fucking ETERNITY in the fiery pits). Had he done that right after the Eclipse, Caska just might have recovered, but no, he ran away. It was easier for him to face the monsters, than deal with Caska. The logical part of me is hoping that when Guts gets to the Elf Island, he does what he should have done years ago and give up.

Of course, the fan in me would never accept that. The fan in me wants Caska restored and her and Guts launching their paired Rage Against The Heavens (TvTropes).

9. Zeus. Victor Oladeepthroat

Of course I'd want Guts to push Griffith's shit in. The author's intentionally setting it up for this case.

10. Tenma The Inferno

The story so far has been set such that Guts will abandon his vengeance and focus on building a new life, not forgiving but forgetting Grififith.

However, I suspect something will go terribly wrong in this whole 'heal Casca' quest. Perhaps Elfheim has been destroyed by all the monsters popping up around the world. Maybe Casca dies before or during the healing. Either way, Guts' life will lose meaning and he will be set back on the path of relentless vengeance.

11. Tayimus Number One

If Caska were to die, especially without regaining her sanity, I'd stop reading Berserk. I'm not even joking. Her dying (depending on the circumstances) after everything that's happened, would legitimately hurt me. I'd regret watching the anime (series, not the movie) and regret buying the volumes. I'd regret 15+ years that I was a fan. I hope to God, Caska doesn't die

Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
  12. Roƅ Suck my dick, Suit

Germany
    I have no attatchment to her character.

So if she died it wouldn't affect me all that much.

But for the sake of the story, it's probably better to keep her alive, since she's pretty important, as far as Gags and Griffith are concerned.

13. Deathbringerpt Dreamer of Possibilities

I'm pretty sure that the end result of this manga will be Guts going after Griffith's ass in the end, regardless of its late emphasis on relationships and making sure you stick for the person you care for, yadda yadda yadda. But I'm also pretty sure that Casca won't die, and while Elfhelm is surely going to be invaded not long after Guts & Co get there, they're gonna stay there long enough for Casca to have her sanity restored and her reaction is what's the big "if".

Hell, I think she'll get a giant revenge boner and set Guts on the right path. After the biggest session of pent up sex ever. Guts' nuts must be bluer than the ocean.

14. Tayimus Number One

Guts did fuck that female Apostle in the first chapter (the first page even!). I wonder how long it's been since that time to til now in the story? A few months?

15. Demetriuscapone Member

Wyald is quite alot bigger and probably have more force in his blows. Allthough the goat was according to Guts, fast and strong as hell. Depending on how much faster the goat is, he may be able to gore Wyald and finish him off before Wyald can land any critical hits.

It's a tough one. But judging from the fact that Guts had full armor and Dragonslayer + handcannon when he faced the goat and still struggled a bit, Wyald might actually bite the dust.

16. Deathbringerpt Dreamer of Possibilities

That's actually pretty out-of-character now that I think about it. Miura originally planned Berserk have only 3 volumes since he was sure it would never pick it.

17. Zeus. Victor Oladeepthroat

Casca regaining her memories is one of the few things I'm really looking forward to seeing in this series. But I know it'll probably be years before we see that happen :cat :catroll :catflip :catghost

18. Tayimus Number One

...you need to read the tail end of the last thread. Ro was actually asking bout their penises...

Yeah, I didn't like that scene after my first read through. I used to skip it during my rereads. It's not only a out-of-character, but illogical. I mean, Guts should have gone through unbelievable amounts of pain and blood loss (I'm tempted to make a virginity joke here) by copulating with a demon because of the Brand? How the fuck did he do that?

Also, I'm not sure here but can't most supernatural entities sense the Brand? Off the top of my head, only the Snake Baron and Rosine are the exception. Shouldn't that Apostle have known that Guts was a sacrifice, and thus have wondered wtf is up with him wanting to, and indeed being able to, fuck her?

Anyway, because of my skipping the first pages, it took far too long for me to realize that that Apostle is the one who killed Corkus. So now, I don't skip those pages. R.I.P Corkus, you lovable asshole, you

19. Roƅ Suck my dick, Suit

Germany
    @Tay

Oh, the "B" doesn't show up on your phone either? :lmao

And no, after I asked about a fight between their penises, I asked about a fight between the two.

I feel like Wyald gave Gats a little more trouble.

But that was w/o his upgrades.

Maybe the Goat Demon wins :catface

20. Tenma The Inferno

Isn't Wyald like 3 times Goat demon's size? Can't see him losing.

21. Thdyingbreed Rampaging Beast

I'd say your wrong there's a reason why whenever Skull Knight has attacked a member of the God Hand they made a point to dodge or block his attacks.

They can be harmed and if they can be harmed they can be killed eventually Guts will get his hand on a weapon that can kill them.

22. Patchouli <b><font color="navy"; size="4";>pleb</b></font>

Yeah, if this was gonna end as a "Bad End", it'd have stopped at the eclipse.

...Unless this all ends with another eclipse. :uwah

23. Badalight JOJO

Another eclipse is all but guaranteed at this point. Guts has forgotten about revenge and I don't buy the change of tone for one second. All just seems like a giant elaborate set up for his new crew to get brutally destroyed and bring Guts back to his goal of revenge.

24. Patchouli <b><font color="navy"; size="4";>pleb</b></font>

How'd you know I usually use my phone to post on this site? And yeah, I know not what this "B" is... :hmm

But if it's Goat Demon vs Wyald...I'd go with Wyald. Guts may have been more skillful when he fought the Goat than when he fought Wyald, but he had a HUUGE terrain advantage against Wyald. It was practically the deciding factor. Put Black Swordsman against Wyald and take away that terrain advantage and I think he'd still have a good amount of trouble. Put Hawk Captain Guts against the Goat and I'm not too sure. Although, I think Mozgus would stomp Hawk Captain Guts.

However, I must admit I'm a bit prejudiced against Pseudos when they're put against Apostles. I'll almost always choose the Apostle.

A God Hand has never, EVER blocked nor dodged an attack. I'll need to see pics to believe otherwise. Both Femto and Void warped space to redirect Skully's attacks. Worse, Skully wasn't even using the Sword of Resonance (don't remember the official translation of this) when he attacked Void, Void just warped it for shits and giggles. When Skully used the SoR on Femto, I actually thought it was gonna land, but Femto shat on him just like Void did. They always warp unless they don't want to. The closest they've come to dodging or blocking is when Femto countered Zodd and broke off one of his horns...in a dream. It most certainly has NOT been shown that they can be harmed. I might have been presumptuous in saying they can never be hurt, but that doesn't mean that they can be. Again, pics to show otherwise.

Hey, quick question. Who believes that there's a whole other set of God Hand? I just read something on Skullknight.net that made me remember the old joke, but now it doesn't seem so much like a joke anymore...

26. Bender Bite my shiny metal ass!

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Fucking awesomely hilarious

27. Tayimus Number One

I'd seen the second pic already. I still think it's hysterical :rofl

28. Roƅ Suck my dick, Suit

Germany
    So, I'm in the early 210's right now.

Left off when Serpico joined the fight with the Ogre and the Pelkie.

I'm a bit confused as to what this arc even is though...

Did Gats and Co just decide to help some random town?

Edit: @Tay

A few people who have used their phones can't see the "B" in my name.

29. God أفضل صديق هو العودة

Second one looks like Rickert has a pair of tits, lol.

30. Roƅ Suck my dick, Suit

Germany
    Hey, what's up guys.

So I'm on chapter 232 or something now.

I think I finished the arc with the Trolls (Whatever the arc is called), but I'm not sure.

The last thing I read was that some random guy went to Windham with his troops. But I guess some demons/beasts roam around this foggy city.

But Gats got his armor, and his fight with Grunbeld was interrupted by Flora.

I'm confused though...

1. Why was the "Band of the Hawk" after Flora?
    2. Why are Skully and Flora so close? Who are they to each other?
    3. Is she dead now or will her spirit keep making reappearances?