1. img
    Come join the first ever Café Banner Contest!
    Deadline is September 17th at 11:59 PM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. img
    Come enter in the Contest Central Drawing Contest!
    Deadline for entries is Sunday, September the 15th at 10pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

Best Fan-Fics?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Aryn, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Aryn

Of all the fanfics you've read, and be totally honest, which ones deserve a 4 to 5 star rating? I'm asking this, because I havn't read a fan fic in a while, and I'm dyieng to read one (Narut of coarse) again. I don't know if this thread has already been created, but if it has, please 4give me. :eek:
    Please write down the fanfics title, and a link (if you can), and the type of story it is (horror, humor, mystery, action etc.)
    I'd appreciate it... :)

Tags:
  2. BigAznDaddy

check out the referals above this, or check this one out, pretty good
    A fading light Ira Poon romance/drama

3. zawabr

star rating: (my opinion - 10 stars!) hehe, i know it ?s until 5 stars..

from narutosasukesakura
    my post

my favourite!
    this is a fanfic pretty close to manga, i mean, not a story created just using the persons of manga. that?s a story wich could happen in the manga!
    the chapters of this fanfic are short (compared with the others fanfics), but they are good!

it has a little of all...just don?t have romance (thanks god!)

the author writes everyday.... just tonight he didn?t wrote nothing!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    star rating: (my opinion - 4 stars!)

from songbird21
    my post

this is a good fanfic too...is much more detailed than narutosasukesakura fanfic....
    (for somebody a good fanfic is that wich is extense....)... each chapter of this fanfic takes a longtime to (how is the word??) make.... the author is more busy, i think...

it has a little of all too...

the last chapter i don?t like much, but this fanfic you need read....:D (the narutosasukesakura too!)

well... i read some fanfics... and these 2 are the best!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2004
  4. YamisuiOnna

tired of reading yaoi pairings and mary-sues/gary-drew's? looking for an actual naruto plot that's original and yet doesn't stretch the canon out of shape? looking for a mixture of action, adventure, and humor? check out:

"RED BLOSSOM" ​

Rating: PG-13 for violence and language and possibly some Harem no Jutsu :D

In the aftermath of Orochimaru's attack on Konoha, Kakashi is coerced into accepting a mission guarding a Water Country feudal lord from assassins. The mission risks war with the Mist Ninja, who are under suspicion of being behind the attacks...and the danger may extend as far as Konoha itself and beyond, for it seems that someone is also sending killers after Gaara of the Sand. Thus Naruto and his friends embark on a perilous journey, leading them down the perilous Aoite Road and across the sea; through the deep forests surrounding the Mist Village and into the Water-lord's city, carved into the sea cliffs. It is there in Mizutou--a stone-walled city besieged by assassins and steeped in political intrigue--that Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, and Kakashi must face the terrible Shinkuhana no Jutsu--an assassin's technique known to bring instant death to both its victim and its wielder...

you can find it at: Walk Away From Me

5. BlackCoven

6. Sahari

The best fic ever has to beee... Naruto Primer by Link and Luigi! *wipes a tear* I'll never look at Naruto the same way after reading that.

This one would get a 5/5 in my book..

IT'S HILARIOUS!

7. Link and Luigi

As for a fanfiction reccomendation...I find this one to be awesome:
    PIC HERE!

It was written by Spectrum who is an active member of this forum. It's great.

8. Sesshoumaru

Also, look for a story on Fanfiction.net called "Hell is for Neji" It's a comic parody of Gai's Team with Neji at the center of it all.

You should check out my stories at Hibiki54's Stories

9. Aruka

I've read alot of fanifcs and I love 'em all! ^_^ esp. the ones I made.

10. Lizzy-kun

A really awesome one I read is called How & Why by randomsome1 It's a really awesome Gaara fic with tons of psychological warefare.
    How & Why

11. enkie

Um, this is a really long one, but it's a really good fan fic dedicated to Shikamaru. The author really captured the way you'd imagine Shika thinks. Centered around Shika/Ino and Shika/Temari storyline.

Worth the Trouble: Miss Uncongeniality

12. Sesshoumaru

That story was decent at first until he started making short chapters and leaving out alot of information that needed to be explained.

There's another story out there calle "Suiren" by bchan1 or someone like that on FF.net.

13. Coconut

Another great author other than Link and Luigi is tari-chan, she's great.

14. Hitomi_No_Ryu

If you like SasuNaru, 'I think I better leave right now' by purrfectly679 is for you! :thumbs Just remember to not to read the last chapter and read the BLRN: Alternative Ending instead.

Link: Hibiki54's Stories

If you're not the yaoi-loving type, read 'Two Halves' by DameWren and 'Betrothal' by lackey H. 'Two Halves' is a great NaruHina fic and 'Betrothal' is a great NaruTema fic.

15. Kopykat Kakashi

You can check out my site, mostly my stories, some from others, all well-written I promise - each story has a poll and all have received good-excellent reviews :)
    ME

16. YamisuiOnna

you guys should seriously check out her stories---they're HILARIOUS.

17. siewmei88

18. Cruel-kun

i startet readin' how and why, great story..liked it very much...gonna read the rest tomorrow :p

19. chdragonfly

wow, i love this one!! thanx for the link!!

20. Bronwen

Anything by dave-d who's quite the Naruto/Hinata fan. dave-d is also mad crazy when it comes to updating...

Children of the Fire Country by Pierrot twixt Columbine...hehe...

Quiet Proposal by otherworldviolet...this is a Hinata/Naruto fic, I think this might be the best Hinata/Naruto fic I've read considering how loyal the author is to Kishimoto's characters.

These are the facts the best. THE BEST Sasuke/Hinata fic I've read. I cringe when I see a slight OOCness in Sasuke...I can swallow an ooc Hinata but Sasuke...hell no.

This - Transition Anchor - this is godsend.

Childish Things by Betula has a unique perspective of things. Through the eyes of an outsider who is not a shinobi.

That is all!

21. raigeki14

I have a good one its called Flower of Konoha its KakashiOC its really good but uber long but its worth it
    A few lessons on Enculturation

22. ErikKoekkoek

I already posted this in the referral topic, but I really like the fics from Thrice Crossed Fool. The particular fic I think is awesome is A Daemon's Artifact.

23. liz

I've seen so many fanfics but nothing beats I Know Those Eyes by roomfishing. A well-balanced, nicely written story with a strongly SasuSaku pairing for the theme but whether you're a fan of the pairing or not, you will be converted into one!!! :wink

The 28 chapters might put u off a bit but the story just keeps getting better towards the end. Hell, I even ended up printing the fanfic as a bedtime story. :p It never fails to make me smile n give me good dreams. :smile-big

24. Raul101785

This has got to be one of the best fan fics out there. It's pretty lenghty, but the story is awesome. Naruto uses some type of time travel technique as a last resort to save konoha and his friends from total destruction. what I like about this story is that naruto's character is believeable. I mean, I've read other time-travel naruto fics, but this one actually flows nicely. anyways, Just give this story a shot, you might enjoy it as much as I did.

25. Yui-chan

I've read quite a few stories on FF.Net-- I like Zadien's work (although she doesn't write Naruto).

There are also a few good authors on FictionZone.Org-- or a lot. A lot of what I read comes from there and Freedom of Speech.

26. Alia_Atreides

Here a few fictions that are not about Naruto. Batman fanfiction for you:

- "Days of Advent", by Nos4a2no9:

- "Chance Encounter", by roguecatwoman:

- "Smaller Sacrifices", by Nos4a2no9:

Just three good fictions about Batman, all featuring Catwoman too. I love the pair (as my signature might show smile-big ), and I must say that although Batman has a considerable less number of fictions than, lets say, Naruto, the quality is impressive. There's a lot of crap out there when you talk about naruto fanfiction, but, to my surprise, most of the fictions I've read about Batman are at least decent. I would give it a try - if you are a Bat fan, that is. Anyway, I recommend those above, that are mostly dramatic fiction, and rated "M", I think.

27. Asuma: Konoha's Blade

does anybody have some asuma fanfiction... just anything that includes the guy is fine