1. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Santi would like to notify you guys about The Alley Banner Contest
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We invite you to join two banner contests in  New Leaf and Naruto Battledome.

Dismiss Notice

Best/Favorite Horror Movie monster.

Discussion in 'Konoha Theatre' started by MartialHorror, Oct 23, 2018.

1. MartialHorror The Convicted Cinephile!

Freddy Kruger? Michael Myers? Jason Voorhees? Dracula? Jigsaw? Chucky? The Leprechaun? Frankenstein's Monster? Norman Bates? Leatherface? The Wolf-man? Hannibal Lector? The Puppets from "Puppet Master"? If you seriously say the Puppets, I will become a horror movie icon and hunt you the f@ck down! There are no limitations though.

I'm going to say Jason Voorhees, but I'll admit that there isn't much of a reason here. In the case of Freddy and Michael, I felt like what made those characters interesting gradually deteriorated in the sequels...although in Freddy's case, the things that would eventually annoy me about him arguably turned him into the most famous horror movie icon for awhile. I've never been especially partial to any of the older horror classics, but only because

-I didn't grow up with them to have any emotional attachment.
    -They were cliches by the time I watched them.

This isn't meant to be a real shot at "Frankenstein", etc., as they're all great. They're just not among my favorites.

Jason Voorhees is cool because I've never taken an issue with the direction of the character and when his physique, personality or even gimmick would change, I always found him to be distinct and threatening. Michael from the first "Halloween" is better, but later sequels would turn him into a Jason clone, even though Jason began as a Michael clone.

But what about you? What are your favorites?

Tags:
  2. Shiba D. Inu #admiralgang

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. MartialHorror The Convicted Cinephile!

Maybe I should've gone with my title, 'best horror movie icon'.

But the monster from "The Thing" is pretty awesome and not just as a special effect. It's motivations are shrouded in mystery, but it's clear it has motivations (the spaceship). The comics also expand on it, having the things converse with each-other (in their human hosts).

4. ~Gesy~ Freshly drenched in coochie water

Soon as I read the title I thought to myself "any answer that is not the Thing is automatically wrong to me" :lmao

5. Pocalypse Well-Known Member

England
  6. Sennin of Hardwork Tales to Astonish Moderator

Peru
    Chucky and that alien muscle-esque creature from Life, "Calvin".

7. Deathbringerpt Dreamer of Possibilities

The movie Fly has the best monster ever because of those amazing special effects. They almost managed to make Jeff Goldblum look human.