1. Hello Guest,

The Konoha Country Club is hosting its first Poetry Competition!
    The theme of the competition is "What does friendship mean to you?"

If you are interested in entering, please click here.

-- NarutoForums Staff
    Dismiss Notice

2. The second Alley Banner contest is finally here! Come check it out here for details
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

6. Give NF the love she deserves! Join the NF-chan drawing contest and draw NF as NF-chan now!
    Earn some prizes... and maybe hugs and kisses from the forum herself?!
    CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  7. [​IMG]

House of Uzumaki has a new banner contest! Please, check here for details and PM your vote.

Dismiss Notice

Best of the Spring 2007 anime season

Discussion in 'Off the Air' started by Scorpio3.14, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Scorpio3.14 mmmmm....pi

Now that we are coming up on the summer season and the spring season anime have had a good amount of time to prove themselves, I think it is time for this thread :p

Simply put, what have been your favorite series of the Spring 2007 anime season? :amuse

Tags:
  2. ez Jesus Christ

Well i'm not sure if all of them started in the spring of 07 but here I go

Code Geass
    Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann
    Claymore
    Hayate no Gotoku!
    Darker than BLACK - Kuro no Keiyakusha -
    Lovely Complex
    Seirei no Moribito (Guardian of the Sacred Spirit)
    Kaze no Stigma
    Ikkitousen: Dragon Destiny
    Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpuchou
    Moonlight Mile

favorite of favorites? Code Geass(if it is a spring series) if not then I'd pick Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann

3. ydraliskos minimal

then come Lovely Complex, Seirei no Moribito, Reideen

4. Payapaya ...

Claymore, Darker than BLACK, Hayate no Gotoku!, Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann, Romeo x Juliet, Nagasarete Airantou, and last but not least Seto no Hanayome which has been by far the funniest. :amuse

5. Nisukeita Huh? What?

-Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann
    -Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi
    -Code Geass
    -Darker than Black

6. Kira Yamato Genei Ryodan Retired Staff

I'm watching about 17 spring series at the moment, so here's my run down (which started in this spring, it doesn't include any ongoing series I'm watching such as Bleach, Kenichi, D-Grayman, Death Note, Eyeshield 21, etc...)

Lovely Complex:Hands down, my favorite series of the spring season. I never thought I'd be saying that about a love/comedy genre, but it's that good.

Seto no Hanayome: surprise series of the season for me. Absolutely loved it.
    Reideen: Who knew that old school Mecha with a touch of new age cg effects could be so cool. Love the storyline and interesting characters
    Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS: I'm a sucker for Mahou Shoujo series so, you knew this one had to be in my fav list.
    Hayate no Gotoku: Proven to be as funny if not funnier than the manga version (esp. ep.10)
    Lucky Star: Gut-busting funny. I actually have to watch this series over again just to make sure I caught all the references strewn about this series. Very funny, entertaining and cute.
    Kaze no Stigma: This series filled my hunger for my supernatural, romance, action genre needs. Love Kazuma who's attitude is much different from your typical protagonist in that kind of series.

Hitohira: Very interesting series thus far. My only regret is that the fansub group doesn't keep up with the releases.

Lovely Idol: I didn't start watching this series until the 10th episode was released and while it isn't my usual type of series I grew to love the series and the 3rd batch of lovedols :p

Nagasarete Airantou: I prefer the manga, but for those who haven't read it, it's a pretty entertaining series and I do admit I enjoy watching it. :amuse

Sola: For some reason, when I see this series, I think of "Air" or "Kanon" in terms of animation and character designs. Which is a good thing. I actually place this series above the previous two. The storyline is intriguing and the characters tend to draw you in. This series really caught me off guard with how good it is.

Darker than Black: This series took over Code Geass's time slot? Hmm...I prefer Code Geass, IMO. But after getting that out of the way, the series is actually pretty good, and each episode keeps me wanting to tune in and find out what's the true role of that organization that BK20 works for, not to mention all the different types of renumeration contractors must do in order to use their ability.

Other series I'm watching this spring, but didn't make it on my fav list:

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: Yeah, I know this is going to be on everyone's fav list, but I only made it past 3 episodes, and I'm not all that impressed. I've been downloading the episodes weekly and will probably give the remaining episodes a whirl once the summer season officially kicks off...(or more likely in July)

Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo: Too early to tell since the subs take awhile to come out. I've liked the first 2 episodes thus far. I'm hoping it only gets better.

iDOLM@STER XENOGLOSSIA: I like it and watch it weekly, but it's hard to justify putting it on my fav list. It has a "been there, done that" kind of vibe. It's probably due to sunrise's brand of production.

Keitai Shoujo: short, short, short. WTF...the story went nowhere...oh, did I mention it was short xDD

Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica: Another series lacking in fansubs. It has potential, so hopefully other fansub groups will see that :arg

7. Juanita Tequila Post Menopausal

My two favorite shows this season would definitely have to be Nodame Cantabile and Darker Than Black.

9. Six Eternal

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Unique, nice story-telling, and has great animation.
    Terra e... Every episode has an awesome story of its own. not to mention its on-going plot is great and well developed. plus, i really dont like sci-fi stuff, but i find this interesting.

Awesome shows of the season:
    Seto no Hanayome LOL moment in every episode.
    Romeo X Juliet Well made anime counter part to the famous play. This'll keep make you crave for more at the end of each episode.
    Seirei no Moribito Movie-quality Animation and Music, awesome story-telling, and great portraying of characters.
    Lucky Star Kyoto Animation. Wins by default. pretty laid back but entertains you well.
    Kaze no Stigma For a Romance/Comedy/Action type of anime, this one has a really unique 'cool and arrogant' main character. the interaction between characters is great.
    CLAYMORE Awesome Animation and Story. the director also did a great job.
    Bokurano Great and unique story.

NOTE: this is not in order.

10. Kameil Something

Lucky star
    Claymore
    Lovely Complex
    Darker than Black....

11. Captain Pimp Sugoi!

I'm undecided between Claymore and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

12. Pasty Member

Bokurano is just an amazing story, if you've read the manga then you know there's a lot to look forward to here.

Gurren Laggan has a real fun and uplifting feel to it and then switches paces completely. Really intriguing, looking forward to seeing where the series is going.

Darker then Black mostly due to the characters. I just fall in love with nearly every character, even if their only introduced for a single episode you get a completely feel for them. I especially love the detective duo. I'm hoping we get a heep of story soon because that's the only thing this series is lacking so far, but I'm no where near giving up on it.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2007
  13. Monna Malicious Miraculous Malevolent Maelstrom

Ikki Tousen: Dragon Destiny was my favorite out of this year's Spring anime. ^_^

14. Molekage I live!...? Maybe.

lovecom is hands down the best imo, great characters and story

next is lucky star, because its hilarious and so kawaii

15. Code Zoamelgustar

1. Toward the Terra - Initially I found the show somewhat average, the main character was getting annoying and whatnot. Fortunately things have only gotten better since the first few episodes, and I find the whole concept interesting.

2. Darker than Black - A very well done anime, I find some of the characters pretty enjoyable. Unfortunately it's not always shown Hei's his perspective, when he's more involved, I find the show most entertaining. Some story arcs are great, and other not so much, but overall I find it a very good show.

3. Claymore - I've read the manga and found it enjoyable, and the anime surpassed my expectations of it. A good adapation for a good manga. Though some cliche aspects take a bit away from it.

4. Kaze no Stigma - Didn't expect to like this show, nothing extraordinary about it, but enjoyable nonetheless. Main character is also one of my more preferrable ones.

5. Dennou Coil - Not many episodes out so far, but interesting concept, it could turn out pretty good in the long run.

6. Serei no Moribito - Pretty interesting so far, a very high quality show.

7. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Had a few amazing episodes, but I don't like the direction it's going, the characters that I felt ran the show don't get enough screen type, while others (Simoun and Yoko) only get more annoying. Though overall still one of my favorites of the season.

16. Uzumaki~Kakashi Tomoyo's #1

Toward the Terra, Darker than Black are the best this season. Worthy mentions are Seto no Hanayome, Gurren Lagann, and Heroic Age.

I'm not really impressed with alot of the stuff this season. Code Geass puts all these titles to shame, but as a whole this season has had more shows that are watchable then last season.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2007
  17. Chunkyhunks Basically Retired

Sola
    Bokurano

Sola really surprised me. Bokurano is eerily eerie. Lucky Star makes me think happy thoughts of gerbils on crack.

18. Cipher So Zetta Slow!

1. Claymore: I am so glad I was introduced to this little gem of an anime and manga. Absolutely fantastic.

2. Code Geass: It's like Death Note and Gundam had a kid. And the designs are by CLAMP. What's not to love?

3. Lucky Star: When it's done right, it's absolutely hilarious!

4. Darker than Black: The plot is good and interesting, but the pace is a bit slow and we're so much in the dark about things...

19. Champloon Praise the Sun!

Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann: twists and turns that will make u feel GAR :cool and then make you cry manly tears :cry

Code Geass: The complexity of this show, character wise, just amazed me and ya gotta love the mecha battles

Seto no Hanayome: :lmao nuff said

Heroic Age and Toward the Terra: both awesome sci-fi tales;
    very epic

Darker than Black: for some reason although i dont know as much as i want to know about wats going on in this series, it intrigues me :amuse

20. Lal Mirch Fruits Punch

Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann - Over the top action and intriguing story.

Claymore - I've not been reading the manga, so I decided to persist with the anime instead. I have been really enjoying it so far.

21. Wesley Guess who it is!?

Everything I watch is awesome, everything I don't sucks.

22. Neverender Beside You in Time

Darker than Black
    Gurren Lagann

23. Ikkaku Lu-Lu-Luc-LucKY!

Claymore. Haven't read the manga but I want to be patient this time and watch the anime instead of finishing the whole great series in a day =P

24. Sawako

25. Razza Gemini

Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann and Bokurano are the two that I'm most interested in right now. Claymore is pretty good too.

26. Arazial Omae wa mou shindeiru

Out of the 20 or so I'm watching from Spring 2007, I'd pick these as the ones that are standing out the most to me.

Heroic Age
    Bokurano
    Claymore
    Lovely Complex
    Ookiku Furikabutte
    Sola

27. Denizen Water Bear

Everything about it appeals to me, and I don't even like Giant Robots.

Bokurano is amazing as well.

28. Sasuke X ~Nyan Nyan~

Claymore
    Darker than BLACK
    Romeo x Juliet

All of them are awesome. RxJ probably edges it on consistency, only episode 4 has sucked so far.

29. dspr8_rugged RX-0 Unicorn Gundam

I'm watching four at the moment: Lovely Complex, Lucky Star, Idolmaster Xenoglossia and Nagasarete Airantou.

The first one on that list is what I consider the best so far.

30. Lo$tris Super Gorl!

I would say Code Geass because that's the only one I've watched from "spring-animes" I'm waiting for many of them to reach half way through. I can say that kaze to stigma and Romeo & Juliet are the main ones I'm looking forward to see.