1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Best weapon/most hated one

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki Archives' started by Sasuke_Power, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Sasuke_Power Ninja Of The Lost Arts

OK. Tell me, u know ur obsessed with some type of pointy sharp object (every has one), TELL me what it is. What is your most favorite weapon of all time from naruto. (or otherwise but its better to stick with weapons from naruto, but if urs is something diff dont be afraid to mention it). Now also tell me wats the most disgusting (stupid and useless) weapon u have ever seen.
    For ME:

fav-Kuni (simply cuz it gets the job done, simple and fast)

Most hated- bow and arrow. (F**king useless weapon, It take to much time and energy to use this shit. Plus its the useless version of a good weapon)

Tags:
  2. narutofangd Banned

When was a bow and arrow used i saw Inari use a crossbow they've got a smaller rate of fire than bows and arrows, so crossbows would be the worst for me.

3. Sasuke_Power Ninja Of The Lost Arts

hmm, the bow and arrow is just a weapon i hate, and a crossbow would be right up there.
    ON topic:
    Maybe i wasnt clear enough, plz post BOTH ones u hate and love :)

4. Sasori <font color="#8B0000">● GB Genius ●</font>

The spiked dildo.

5. Sasuke_Power Ninja Of The Lost Arts

:p lol. no comment needed

6. Loki custom title want a loki

I hate them all,ok maybe a kunai is ok.But I say jutsus and hand to hand owns!

7. Sasuke_Power Ninja Of The Lost Arts

point well seen and served. but for the sake of survival sometimes (NOTICE I SAID SOMETIMES!!) a weapon is need to survive. :)

8. Thanatos Fell in love with my sorrow...

My favourite weapon (although it has nothing to do with ninjas) is the Scythe. It may be one of the most unwieldly weapons ever created, but it's symbolism just shows such a display of raw power... what isn't there to like?

My most hated weapon (also having nothing to do with ninjas) has to be the spear. It's simplistic and boring... but at the same time too unwieldly with little damage capability or flexibility in return.

9. Sasori <font color="#8B0000">● GB Genius ●</font>

I guess you havn't read the manga
    Spoiler:
    Kotetsu/Izumo summons one in a couple of chapters back.

10. Thanatos Fell in love with my sorrow...

I think that was a giant clam-shell...

11. Sasuke_Power Ninja Of The Lost Arts

yeah i have read the manga and i have ************* u know. thats why i said no comment needed :)

12. Sasuke_Power Ninja Of The Lost Arts

true> but the only thing u have to remember about a spear is that is very power but just to unwieldly like u say. U stab someone with a pike or spear, there pretty much r dead as long as itz in the right space of course.

13. Kakuzu GB Imperator

Thats definitely an exceptionally ignorant evaluation of a spear.

Favorite weapon: Gaun Dao. Of course this weapon has not been seen in Naruto.

Most hated weapon: Any sort of firearm.

14. Thanatos Fell in love with my sorrow...

Yeah... but that still requires a certain amount of precision that is undeniably difficult to achieve with a spear. With a spear, if you don't hit your mark, your best hope is that they bleed to death. A Scythe on the other hand, usually means the loss of a limb.

15. Thanatos Fell in love with my sorrow...

Hmmm, usually one would back up a statement like that...

I may not be a "glorious beacon of light", but that in no way means that I am undeserving of an explanation.

16. Kakuzu GB Imperator

I guess for some reason you think that a scythe would be a simple weapon to wield. I guess you played a video game, or saw it in a manga (Hidan) or anime and thought it was cool. If anything it would be far more cumbersome than a simple light spear. I don't know where you got the idea that a spear is all that heavy.

If you think a spear is a simple thrusting weapon, then you've got it all wrong.

I could back it up immediately couldn't I, but then how would I get an extra post for my troubles?

17. Sasuke_Power Ninja Of The Lost Arts

OF course I have to agree with u. The scythe is the grim reapers fucking death toy, how can u not love it!

For a weapon I like thats not related to naruto though that would have to be the naginata. (double sided one)

Now that i think of it though OniRaitei is right. A scythe is can weigh up to 70 pounds. try wielding that.
    thats why in naruto my favs a kuni and non naruto a naginata

Last edited: Oct 23, 2006
  18. Thanatos Fell in love with my sorrow...

That's certainly odd... I seem to remember referring to the scythe as an unwieldly weapon. Hmmm, if only there was some way I could scroll up and read my previous post... OH WOE IS ME!!! :cry

*ahem*... Unwieldly refers to more factors then merely weight (and I realise that spears aren't any heavier then a scythe... quite the opposite). It can also refer to the length of the weapon, the total surface area of it that can be used as a weapon (effectively), and the way that it is used (i.e. bladed, blunt).

Which is why a longsword would be considered more wieldly then a spear.

19. Kakuzu GB Imperator

You could certainly say that if we are talking about any idiot coming and picking up a weapon. I am assuming that we are talking about these weapons being used with a moderate level of skill.

The length of a spear combined with its relatively low weight allows the user to use both ends effectively as a weapon and as a shield. This length also grants the user a greater range of attack while remaining able to guard. This can't be said of a scythe due to the massive weight of the blade. Once you swing, you are committed, unless you have unusual strength.

Due to the low weight, the bladed and blunt end of the spear can be used in tandem until the opponent's guard is opened. That is when the stereotypical thrust comes into play. Apparently many people think a melee weapon's effectiveness is based soley on what they percieve to be "strong attacks." The word here is finesse.

Anyway, we are incredibly off-topic.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2006
  20. Thanatos Fell in love with my sorrow...

If one is aiming for finesse, I would probably suggest going with a dual weapon combination - probably rapiers or possibly scimitars (assuming that one is ambidexterous), or even daggers or kukri for the more dexterous person. I would never suggest a two-handed weapon for finesse.

But we were never asked to state our favourite weapon based on battle application (remember that the scythe is originally a farming implement), only what our favourite (and least favourite) weapons are.

And spears aren't nearly as light as you're making them out to be (unless we are talking about wooden spears).

21. Sasuke_Power Ninja Of The Lost Arts

Very Astute. You can say the same for a sword in some measure when it comes to offense and defense. What your referring to with a spear can also be said about a simple bamboo stick. It is light weight and very strong. With a fluent way of fighting this can be a great combo because it can intergrate into your fighting. Useing it for defense as much as an offense. Thats why you'll commonly see someone with a bamboo stick facing off against someone with a bamboo spear. The bamboo is very durable, flexible, and strong. The difference being here that a spear will ultimately be aimed with a target of trying to hurt someone as the bamboo stick can refer to being an immobilzer

22. Kakuzu GB Imperator

I think you've played too much D&D or whatever.

Sasuke_Power, don't take this the wrong way...

Thats the most intelligent post I have ever seen you make. smile-big
    I'll return the rep once mine recharges.

23. Sasuke_Power Ninja Of The Lost Arts

24. xxNidaimexx Banned

i Love the ninja throwing stars
    vvvvvvv These

25. Monkey D. Dragon Active Member

I like hook swords alot there more fun then other swords.

But if you mean from the series i like trench knives and sebons.

And as for what i don't like kunai just harder to aim

26. Thanatos Fell in love with my sorrow...

Well it certainly took you long enough... :p But I seriously believe that a two-weapon combination works much more effectively then a spear.

I know for a fact that a scythe is in no way an (for want of a better word) "economical" weapon. It leaves you open for attack on many more occasions then it could possibly provide an opening.

However, its strength was never meant to be attributed to it's flexibility (certainly not finesse), but to it's power. There are no nicks and cuts where a scythe is involved. It is all or nothing. :nuts

EDIT: Any responses to this will not be answered for a few hours or so. It is now 1:26 am over here, and I have to wake up at 7:00 am. So goodnight all!smile-big

27. Sasuke_Power Ninja Of The Lost Arts

Why dont you combine them then. The power of a light weight 2 weapons. each being single handed. while also be able to defend and but up a good guard as well as throwing someone off, kinda like if your swing one weapon in one direction while the other heads toward the knee.

with a strong steel light weight blade and the power of a scythe id say that hand sycthes would probably be a weapon of choice for you Mortalis.
    Spoiler: hand sycthe
    Text/

28. Lullebulle Muuu

My favorite has got to be... Actually, it doesn't matter. As long as it is big and hurts.

29. Goemon_Musashi 9000!! NINE THOUSAAAAANDD!1

Most hated: kunai/shurikens...they're just not nearly as deadly as they seem to let on...
    It takes an extremely precise hit to kill someone or wound them badly, and close up it's pointless...and on most anime and what not they are often times just deflected.

And why do people on the show/manga consistently clash kunai without coming to a real conclusion? It's futile the first time, it's futile everytime....

Most loved: razor wire
    I mean something like Jenos of Black Cat would use or other ninja from more mature anime like Ninja Scroll and Basilisk. The weapon that they just entangle they're opponent in and then cut them to shreds.

It's great at multiple distances and just looks cool, even if it somewhat easily counterable.

30. Sasuke_Power Ninja Of The Lost Arts

Once again this weapon is implied to do a lot of damage but it leaves your guard open UNLEss you are using the razor wire in a circular motion to keep enemies repelled. As for the Kuni, A lot of battles are fought hand to hand, U can easily cut someone to shreds if u know how. The basis for a razor wire weapon can also be questionable because at close range it would be harder to fight. U need a clear distance in order for the full effect of the razor wire to work. As for looking cool, well thats all well and good but a weapon is good not because of its looks but because of its "finesse and stature" and how it can be used. And as for a needing extreme precision, Why the hell are u a ninja if u cant use a kunai with precision??