1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Beta Readers Thread.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Vegeta, Sep 29, 2005.

1. Vegeta

Want to search for a Beta Reader for your fic? Post here and someone might be able to help.

Now, I can beta a few fics from time to time if it is needed.

Tags:
  2. Zen_Monk

3. Vegeta

Someone who reads your fan fiction before you post it, they edit out mistakes.

So basically, an editor.

4. Bcaseb

I need someone to beta my fic. Its an AU fic I think. Its my first Fan Fic. rated pg-13 for violence later. I only have the first chapter int the beta stages right now. still editing it myself a little bit. If anyone wants to try beta reading it just email me or post here i guess. my email is

5. KitadeRendan

I'll Beta read anything at any rating, and I'm an author myself... pm me if you'd like me to help...

6. Kitty

PM me if you'd like me to Beta for you. I've never done it before but I suspect I'll be good at it.

7. Airi-chan

Hi, I am in need of a beta reader for my fanfic. Please PM me if you would like to be my beta reader. Thank-you.:)

8. Hokage Naruto

I guess, I can help out. I have read a few decent fanfics and can give some insightful advice. Just PM a link to the thread of your fanfic, and I'll swing by under 24 hours and have some thoughts.

9. seilif

Hey Guys! I was wondering if there's someone out there who knows Japanese that would be wanting to beta for me. I'm just starting to write the story, but there are some original jutsus that I'd like to use and I would like to get them spelled and used correctly in a sentence.

If there's anyone out there, then just pm me.

Also, I'd like a second and/or maybe a third beta for feedbacks.

-seilif

10. Takamichi

Hey is anyone still avalible to beta? Most of the replys are kind of old is why I ask.

11. ::SnuFkiN

BUMP? Stickied stuff should't be considered bumped right? Anyways.

Hey, writers out there who are searching for a Beta, could you post a little description of your soon-to-be stories? Because it's a proven fact that an interested Beta will certainly be a better Beta.

This sticky is like dead. I feel like I'm necroposting. Does this mean that no one needs a Beta around here? - not the feeling I'm getting after reading some of the stories here.

12. seilif

I still need a beta. I really need to make sure that the chapters are coming out smoothly (that and the more people are on my back, pressuring me, the better I work).

If someone still wants to beta, please let me know.

-seilif

13. docterjoy

I need a beta reader to read my Naruto fic. It's PG and the category is Romance/Comedy.

A little description: This takes place after the Sasuke Retrieval Arc, before Naruto leaves with Jiraya. The Konoha 11 and the jounin are in a summer training camp, where skills are improved, the group goes on different field trips, cameos by many different characters including a few OCs, a pretend Chuunin exam, and a lot of couples, including NaruHina, SakuLee, SasuSaku, InoCho, ShikaTema, HinaKiba, NejiTen, KakaAnko, and a lot of crack.

14. Ino_Sasu_Fan

Hey!! I'm availible for betareading!! PM if you want!
    My name on fanfiction is Yoruichi'Ino'
    Don't be afraid to PM of you need help!

15. docterjoy

Back, and I need a new beta reader for my new Digimon fic. It's a pairing fic, mainly KouYako but there are other pairings and things too. My ff name is docterjoy.

16. Anki-Shai

Hello there, My name is Andreas but some of my friends called me Andy. Here I am known as Anki-shai. Well, you could say that I am a new writer that loves with passion Naruto and Bleach and that passion make me consider a crossover between those two stories/mangas/animes. However, the fact that English isn't my first language make it difficult to write correctly( grammar, spelling, sometime punctuation) and I've been having some troubles with that. I am in some need of a beta that can lend me his or her help with the fic.

Well, if any of you is really interested in the Naruto story I've already published two chapters so you can acces to them via the link
    . Please, I really need the help, so if you are interested PM or send me an email.

:amuse Thanks!!!!

17. Kiko-chan

I think my project will kill me but I wanna try it at least *haha*
    I have a couple of Fanfics already. Unfortunately they're all in German ;(
    But I wanna share them with my English speaking community as well so wanna try to translate them. At least my recent one which is about ShikaTema and in which I've put most of my efforts.
    So I think it would be a good idea to let somebody read it whose first Language is English und who is able to give me some advise with several expressions. Sometimes I really don't know how to express certain things so that the reader not just understands it but also gets the feeling. I know that this isn't always possible as each language has its own phrases with their own feelings.
    But the most important thing is to help me whipe out all the spelling and grammar mistakes that I mostly will make ^^''
    It probably will take a while until I've translated the first chapter (most of my chapters contain 5000 words and above x.x") but I wanna look in advance who would like to help me :)

Thank you!

18. PoisnousPixie

I'm guessing it's from neglect, rather than no one needing a beta.

Well, I guess, I'll bring some life to it.

My name is Rin, I've been a fanfiction writer since 2001. I'm an avid reader for fanfiction, and I'd like to offer my services. I'm good with catching mistakes, and I like to help out with research if you need it. I'm especially good at helping with Fantasy based stories(AU or not).

I usually read for Hetalia, or Naruto, but I'm willing to read for other fandoms as well. Just let me know what it is, and I'll let you know if I can help you out.

I'm also in need of a beta, myself. I've got a few oneshots, I've already posted them on FF.Net, but I'd like it if maybe someone could take a look at them for me, catch the mistakes I've missed.

I have two for Hetalia, and two for Naruto, that I'd really like to get beta'd.

So, if anyone's interested, please, send me a PM, I'd love to help you, or receive your help.