1. Dismiss Notice
  2. OPFC

Are you an artist that loves One Piece? Join the OP Fanart Contest in the Ohara Library!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice

6. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

Beyond Naruto

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Vandal Savage, May 29, 2007.

Will you read Kishimoto's next series?

1. Yes

58.2%
  2. No

41.8%
  1. Vandal Savage The Magician Supporting Staff

Flag:
    Sweden, United States
    We all know that Kishimoto is trying to wrap up Naruto as fast as he can so he can work on other things. Unfortunately, the story has suffered in ways because of his impatience.

I get the feeling that he may get the same experience as Nobuhiro Watsuki where his next title is nowhere near as good as his previous one. Rurouni Kenshin was wrapped up nicely but Buso Renkin got canned due to lack of interest. The Kenshin manga was great all the way through while I can't say the same for Naruto though it can still pull off a great ending.

My question is do you plan on reading Kishimoto's next manga? Would you invest the time in a story though it could experience the same pitfalls as Naruto? We know it may not measure up to Naruto's popularity but would you read it because Kishi is the guy that created Naruto?

I would give it a try just because Kishi created Naruto. I would hope that Kishi treats the next series better than Naruto after Part 1.

Tags:
  2. Midomaru The Benevolent

Kishi's next manga is a gangster manga, and according to Kishi it's the best manga he ever created.

For now untill i've read that manga, i think Kishi is nuts.

3. LipLipDK 最重要的是爱国

4. Jarl lKarl Jetzt Online!

If it really is that Mario thing that was included in the beginning of one chapter way the hell back, then probably not. I think it's a huge mistake for him to just phone the rest of Naruto in so he can go work on a generic gangster manga. I don't know, maybe his artist friends think he needs to work on something more adult.

But if his next project is something more in the vein of Naruto part one (which I still count as my absolute favorite manga), sure I'd give it a try.

5. Woozie Active Member

I've kept telling myself that this is the last manga from the shounen genre I'll be reading on weekly basis. Aside from the gems like Death Note.

6. Kuroro Skill Hunter

I may give it a shot if I have nothing better to do. It depends upon how he handles Naruto though before it ends.

7. Sasuke_Bateman Well-Known Member

Sasuke....Following Sasuke dealing with life problems and trying to rebuild his clan.

8. Vandal Savage The Magician Supporting Staff

Flag:
    Sweden, United States
    These are my thoughts as well. I have been reading Naruto for 4 years and I don't want to invest so much time in another of his titles if he plans on quiting halfway through like he seems to have done with Naruto.

I think I would give his next series from 50-100 chapters to grab me. If Kishi starts fucking up again during that I might just drop it.

9. hazashi youre reading this

Yeah, I always wondered how Mario would be like :nod

10. Uzumaki Clintwood

Id Read it, I Mean, You gotta give it a try. Some Mangas I Fall For, Some mangas I Dont.

11. Kyuubi Naruto Hounds of Justice

Reading Mario it depends how Naruto ends. I mean i'll give it a shot maybe but it won't be Naruto.

12. Vandal Savage The Magician Supporting Staff

Flag:
    Sweden, United States
    I would give it a try but knowing who is writing the series would make me a little uneasy.

13. PradaBrada Banned

Is the next manga called Mario? I thought that was just the name for the main character, though this is Kishi we're talking about

14. Sky is Over Active Member

Reading his next manga? As long as it has some militaristic theme to it like Naruto does, then I'm entirely for it.

15. Haruko in retrograde

16. Final Giku Tenshou Done with Naruto

Name me a person who's not going to read the next manga? Granted there are some flaws and pitfalls in Naruto due to Kishi starting to speed up, none-the-less it's a great manga, and while I'm not sure I hope with his next series he won't make the same mistake.

17. Denizen Water Bear

If it's "Mario" or something else gangster-related, i'll be interested, but probably not really into it.

It would be good to read in bursts.

I just hope he doesn't marry a popular Shoujo artist, write a new series with similar looking characters to Naruto, and then put it on hiatus halfway through due to illness, leaving only poorly-drawn chapters as the last ones of the series.

18. CoonDawg Respect my Authoritay!

Where's the "Depends if it sucks" option?

I'd obviously check it out but it'll depend.

Yeah, he's definitely speeding things up... This was made obvious when Naruto started doing the stupid shadow clone training (Forcing the series to end quickly, as he'll just gain power at a retarded pace until he kills God and takes over), and even more so when Kishimoto took 3 years of trying to find Sasuke and save him before Orochimaru got him by throwing that all out the window and killing Orochimaru/sucking him in, whatever.

I'm just hoping he doens't get in too much of a hurry and end the series in like 5 chapters or something, which seems possible.

Are you sure that Mario thing is still going to happen? That chapter was from the very beginning of Naruto, he may not even remember ever making that manga.

19. Vandal Savage The Magician Supporting Staff

Flag:
    Sweden, United States
    I need my HunterXHunter fix!:cry

20. tictactoc can your soul handle it ?

It's not because Kishimoto said he wanted to draw a gangster manga, that he will be able to do so. The editors have to like the idea first... If they don't, he won't be able to draw it :/

21. Kakuzu GB Imperator

I'd give it a shot I suppose. I'm not really a fan of Kishimoto though.

He'll probably get halfway through his next manga and decide he wants to do something else.

22. Vandal Savage The Magician Supporting Staff

Flag:
    Sweden, United States
    This is why I fear getting attached to his next project. I don't want to go through the same crap that has plagued Naruto since the start of Part 2.

23. Animeblue TrueBlue

I'll probably wait to see how Kishi handles wrapping up Naruto Part 2 befor I make my decision. Also didn't Kishi said that Naruto have 2 or 3 years anyz.

Last edited: May 29, 2007
  24. Shamandalie //////////////////////////////

Well, I'll probably check it out, but I won't go into it. Naruto only got me because of some small things, but overall I don't think the story is good enough to make me read his other mangas. I mean, Kishimoto doesn't seem to be full of original ideas. :p

25. Supa Swag Active Member

Depends. Right now I'm leaning towards "hell no".

26. DarkLordOfKichiku Active Member

If I feel that it appeals to me, I may give it a shoot. It's too early to say right now though, but if I start reading it seriously, then I won't be doing it because it's written by Kishi - I'm not a fan of Kishi himself after all, but rather of his work - Naruto :3. And even then it'll depend on how he handles Naruto from now on - if he's truly hurrying things up, then part 2 is suffering because of it, and if he screws too much up, then I may not want to read anything by Kishi for quite a while from then on :doh

Right now it's leaning towards "no" though...

27. tictactoc can your soul handle it ?

Oh forgot to say that. Yes I would read it.

28. The Boss Guest

I'll give it a try.. but I don't think anything can beat naruto at the moment.

29. Lord Snow MOAR Kittens

I would check it out and if i like the theme and plot then i would follow it.

30. superman_1 Well-Known Member

i won't... who knows how long naruto will take to finish while it maybe short but watever... i plan to stop reading all manga and watching animes after naruto is done and bleach too... after that no more anime and manga for me anymore...