1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Big O

Discussion in 'Off the Air' started by Ha-ri, Dec 5, 2005.

1. Ha-ri

I know that the last episode never ared on CN because of legal issuse, but does anyone know what happens?(yes i'm asking for spilers) Because its been bugging me for so long. BTW is there any place I can get the full series? and one otehr thing in part 1(with tomato guy) he killed or brainwashed the kids?

Tags:
  2. Pestilence

The end is really unnecessarily confusing and complicated. By "tomato guy", I assume you mean Gordon Rosewater. The first button is an in-depth summary of the episode the second is a more direct answer to your question. I bought the series on DVD on ebay from Hong Kong.

Spoiler:
    The episode starts by revealing that Roger?s regular informant (the guy who reads the newspaper at the bar) is an android. He explains that the city was designed to be a stage with no memories of 40 years ago, the memories don't actually exist. Big Fau is unscathed by any attack Big O can produce. Roger is knocked unconscious. Dastun leads the military police in quitting their jobs to fire on Fau instead of O. Fau Drags big O through the city and drops it into the ocean to sink. Gordon Rosewater tells angel that she herself is a memory. The balance between Alex Rosewater and Fau is broken when a mess of wires from Fau goes into Alex's back. The wires thing almost happens to Roger, but Roger stops it from happening. Gordon and Angel go from the set down an elevator to an infinitely large room of darkness with a white gridded floor. She gets wings and flies towards the ambiguous object in the center of the room. He holds up Metropolis and demands that the book be completed, it then is.

Roger wakes up while Big O is still sinking. Many flashbacks of the world being destroys and rebuilt ensue. We see: picture of Roger and Gordon shaking hands, the marching platoon of Big Os, the army of flying Big Duos, a few of the mechanical dragons shooting lightning, An astoundingly gigantic, unknown megadeus, Roger Smith dead in the cockpit of Big O, an empty street on which people just start appearing, Roger the Wanderer (ep. 14), Robots in a factory moving on a conveyor belt through an apparatus which seems to stamp Roger Smith's likeness onto them (so we see Roger smith being manufactured), a girl watching Roger Smith on TV calling Big O, Dorothy being constructed from a blue print, Angel watching herself being raised in the TV set that was made to resemble her house.

Dorothy reaches Big O by diving. The sky and the mechanical grid disappear, and are replaced by the floor from the strange room Angel went to. Dorothy clears all the water of the cockpit. Big O uses its punch things to boost of the ocean floor up to the surface. Dorothy hooks up to Big O and allows it to use its ultimate move, "Final Stage". It's a huge cannon that comes out of the torso. The blast creates a giant trench blows up the dome behind Fau, and destroys most of Fau's body. Then, A white megadeus shows up. It has inverted colors of Big O, and is identical to it in shape and structure. Dorothy calls it "Big Venus", the bird whose wings have been plucked.

Roger then repeats the line about the bird devolving and becoming what it was before it was a bird. Everything the megadeus touches disappears. Fau disappears the whole world other than Big O disappears, and Big Venus continues to walk straight toward it. The weird green grid now makes up the ceiling and floor, whiteness surrounds everything. Roger jumps out of the cockpit and addresses angel:
    ?Memories are very precious to people's lives. They give us the opportunity to prove to ourselves that we exist, and if we lose them, we have an unrelenting feeling of uncertainty. You must listen to me, the humans that are living here and now in the present are made up of more than their memories of the past. I, myself, don't even know who I am. I don't have a single solitary memory about myself. But, I don't believe anyone took them from me. I most likely erased them of my own free will. I was the one who made that choice. I was the one who made it for myself so that I can live in the present and in the future, because I must go on believing there is a "me". Angel, I know that I will never lose the "you" that is now a part of my memories, the "you" that met me, and conviction you had in what you felt you needed to do, the ?you? that loved yourself more that anyone else ever could. I'll never forget this woman who loved herself, yet was filled with such doubt. [He then holds his arms out like Jesus on the cross] You must stop denying your own existence. You have to live as a human being.?

Cut to Angel watching the scene on a large monitor on a wall of monitors. The rest show images of Angel in other episodes of Big O. Metropolis sits on the control panel but now with small white wings on the cover in the gap between the title and the author's name. The book also reads "Angel Rosewater" as the author now. Angel sheds a tear, and a hand is placed on her shoulder. She turns to see that it is Roger (face not shown) and Dorothy, who says "Roger, the negotiator." The mirror image magadeuses then walk into each other, canceling out each other's existence. There is a white flash.

Credits begin rolling while show ends. Roger?s car speeds down the street. Dorothy is shown standing next to Angel. Voice over: My name is Roger Smith I perform a much-needed job here in a city of amnesia.

Spoiler:
    Gordon Rosewater genentically engineered every person in paradigm city including his son, Alex. Some people were clones of actual people, as was the case with Roger. Roger was cloned many more times than anyone else for unknown reasons.

3. martryn

In Jr. High, my PE coach used to call me Big O because my first name is Oliver and I was a skinny little kid.

4. Shiron

(You need to make an account there to use the links, though.)