1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The World Cup is about to begin, which means it’s time to start proudly repping your country. We’ve created a special new feature for you guys exclusively for this big event! Click here to learn more!!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. Anime Awards for 2017 part 2 commences with the category of worst anime of 2017!

Drop by and leave a vote in the following threads: 1 2 3 4 5
    Dismiss Notice

Bigamy

Discussion in 'Konoha Country Club' started by Polaris, May 30, 2018.

1. Polaris Sagittarius Sun/Aquarius Ascendant

What are your thoughts and opinions on bigamy? Should it be legal? Do you find it odd that it's possible to marry someone while being married to someone else?

This question is inspired by a documentary that I watched recently. It's called, "The Bigamist Bride" and should generally be watched for entertainment purposes rather than educational purposes about bigamy, let’s just put it that way. :giogio
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clsrL6F0wKM

Tags:
  2. Mider T VM Rapist

Haven't thought deeply enough about the pros and cons to have an informed decision.

3. Aphrodite Well-Known Member Advisor

No i dont agree with being married to multiple women or men. Largely because i think its impossible to love more then one person. I know when i love someone i love that one person and that one person only. I don't see loving more then one person true love but more like lust. Personally i think its a way for someone to have there cake and eat it also.

• Like Like x 1
    • Lewd Lewd x 1
    • List
  4. Gin Ichimaru's Shadow 203176

Poland
    Yes. I commited bigamy when I had two dogs at once.:druul

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  5. Plexa Well-Known Member

I have no problem with people exploring polygamous and polyamorous relationships, particularly when it doesn't affect me in the slightest. It's not something I think I'd ever engage in, but limiting other people's options because I personally wouldn't do them isn't something I'm interested in doing.

I do think there's a subculture of polygamists who seem to think that it's an intrinsic identity, and that wanting to have a monogamous relationship with them is infringing on their 'rights'. I've always viewed polygamy merely as a description of a relationship, an indicator of the nature of that relationship and of the parties involved, and I vehemently disagree with people using the 'identity' of polygamy as an excuse to cheat on their partners, and push them into an open relationship when they're not comfortable with that.

The main issue with polygamy on a legal basis is that marriage is essentially an extension of the spheres of property law and succession law, none of which cater even remotely to polyamory. Family law itself is also muddied by its existence. Introducing a legal relationship with multiple partners, where potential offspring can come from various spouses within that relationship, would be extremely difficult to legislate for, and probably the spheres of property, succession and family law would need to be entirely revolutionised.

6. Bontakun ♪ oo ee oo ♫ Moderator

Flag:
    Germany
    I was researching this a while back, when accusations of THOTtiness were raging in the convo.

Monogamy isn't a natural state for a human being. So there's a case for a polygamous/polyandrous society. It sure would cut down on the butthurt. Your wife sleeping with another man? Big deal, find another woman in the meantime.

But humans have built social traditions that have little to do with their original nature. Some of these are very useful. I think monogamy is of those.
    • keeps things clear in a society dependent on property and inheritance laws.
    • for women, it encourages the husband to put effort into raising the kids and taking care of the house
    • for men, it increases their chances of finding a mate. Harder to do so if the local lord had 100 girls in his harem and didn't share them.
    So I'm mildly pro-monogamy. I also think it's fine to enforce the expectation on others in society too because of spillover effects.