1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Black Cat

Discussion in 'Off the Air' started by mpthread, May 10, 2005.

1. mpthread

Good news for all fans of the manga, the ultra awesome series called black cat is now being made into an anime. Whats even better is that the studio that is making Black Cat is also the studio responsible for the awesome manga to anime translation of Basilisk. So I have high hopes for this series lets just hope Gonzo doesn't mess up.

Now for my two cents on why you want to see this series and/or read the manga.

First of all to make it easier for you guys to relate to it I will be refrencing other anime titles to give you a better idea of the greatness

Trigun- Awesome gun slinging, the main character does everything from shooting bullets out of the air to deflecting them with his gun. Plus later in the series he pulls out a magical ricochet shot. The main character also does not want to kill.

Get Backers/Naruto- The main characters sidekick has a magical eye that lets him see into the future. He also gets the eye in a very similar fashion in which Kakashi got his eye.

HunterXHunter- The main group of bad guys have an ability very similar to the nen system usend in HunterXHunter.

Cowboy Bebop- Gun fights and bounty hunting

Now for other reasons on why to see it
    - A string user (He doesnt show up till much later but we all know string users kick much ass, in fact this should be the only reason you need to see it)
    - For the most part a good story
    - Hot babes, I suppose the guys are drool worthy for you women out there
    - Chronos the Time Guardians
    - A little robot girl that can shape shift
    - Guy with an eyepatch
    - Cause I said so
    - Main character acts very cat like
    -You also get to see some real cats (animated of course)

official web site

Here is a brief sumary of the series taken from Tenten is NOT a tomboy just because of her clothes

Train Heartnet and Sven Vollfied are sweepers whose job brings them anywhere and everywhere... leading a carefree lifestyle, the two partners never fail to reel in the bad guys once they've got their target set. Bigger problems, however, start to threaten the peace, especially when old ghosts refuse to rest. It turns out that there are people still looking out for the Black Cat, an infamous assassin whose very name was held in as much terror as the coming of the night.

The action scenes are great, and the character interaction is light and witty... let's not forget that the art perfectly suits the mood and the style of the story. Black Cat is a must read for anyone who's ever found the good old Guns n' Babes genre fascinating.

Tags:
  2. Ichigo_101

thanks for the info :]
    Im sure will dl the anime when it come out

3. Sharingan Yoda

Black Cat anime rumours?

Okay, recently, I've been hearing rumours of the Black Cat manga becoming an anime, and what's more, it's debuting this fall. Does anybody have any concrete proof of this?

4. Bleachsuki

well from what i heard and saw in japan. yes there making a black cat anime. i think it's coming out in november. i saw a trailer of black cat in japan and it looks pretty good

5. Jones

what is Black Cat about?

6. CABLE

Bounty hunters. I'd recommend it if you liked Bebop.

7. abfluvver

Yeah, I saw a spread for it in one magazine or another, can't remember which (it was a while ago).
    It's definitely going to be an anime.

8. Bleachsuki

well i can explain since i do have the manga. not sure if the anime will follow the manga. i really didnt enjoy the end part of black cat. but its good.
    well the story is about this ex-assain named train who used to work for this organization know as kuronosu. he has a 13 tatto on his chest i think. well he betrayed kurnosu and he became a sweeper AKA bounty hunter. he partnerd up with svin bolfedo and later they will meet this girl who is like geneticully enhanced with nanomachine which she can create stuff likes swords, hamer, and even wings to fly. Her name is Eva. they also meet a catburgler named linsilet who kind of helps them out but she actually offers them jobs and stuff. Well it start off good then well in my opinion aroud volume 15 that's where it went bad. but i hope the anime is good.

9. shamansanchez

I've never really heard of it, but Oyasumi-subs is already planning on subbing it. Judging by their quality from Pani Poni Dash!, they'll probably do a really good job.

10. cupnoodles

black cat's a cool series and all, but i kinda felt it just took a lot of crap from another series. you know, the legendary status, the refusal to kill, the attitude that doesn't fit a legendary killer, fighting bad guys despite being feared around the world.
    reminds me a lot of cowboy bebop and kenshin and trigun....

11. pakku

The plot is quite similar to Bebop/Trigun, as has been already mentioned... but with much more of a shounen flavor (all kinds of typical shounen powers, fighting energy stuff [ie: chakra], power-ups, etc.).

12. Sharingan Yoda

*clicks the link* Jesus Christ, what have they done to Rinslet?!

13. Dark Travis

I've seen the first episode of Black Cat's anime adaption by Gonzo, and if you have too - discuss!

It seems as though the anime will be completely different from the manga.
    I thought the opening was pretty good
    The ending was just plain funny and cute

14. Vile.47

Man, did the opening rock. Starting with Creed's rose was a nice effect. The graphics seem very good too, very well-animated. I think the anime is based on 2 years before in the manga; to the present in the manga. They haven't even showed Sven's name, only in the preview.

15. Vodrake

It was good I guess, great art and well animated. I did like the opening as well.

However their was something that seemed a little strange to me, and that's the completely new plot. Admittably it's early days and they might go onto the manga plot at a later date so this isn't too bad a point, yet I'm already getting a bad feeling...

It may be as The_Future_Three said and that this is showing two years before or something, but Eve shows up and looks no older than she is at the current time in the manga. They'll probablt find some way to incorporate this without leaving any holes, but it doesn't leave me with much confidence in them.

Oh, and showing Sven's Vision Eye and so much of Train's past so early peeved me as well.

As a side note Sven's VA does Axel in KH2 and Creed's does Sephiroth, so they're automatically awesome in my books. :thumbs

16. silverwings

Having never read the manga, I went in knowing absolutely nothing. But the art is really pretty! :tem And, er, Train is hot? :amuse :sweatdrop

But I have no clue what's going on. Anyone have a website or something where I can get some background info?

And this isn't the manga? :blink That seems... weird...

17. Tousenz

I read all the manga that has released to date. This is my favorite manga but there isn't alot of information or sites related to it which makes me feel stupid for liking it.

18. Jones

never read the manga and i have no idea what it is about but it does look promising, kind of. i dont think it will be the best of animes but it will be one that i will continue to watch until i get bored of it.

19. crazymtf

I liked it alot, only part i didn't like is they walk away so fast, it's like they really up close and then 2 seconds thirty miles away, owell good action and animation, looks to be a promising anime.

20. Daniee

I've read the manga, and ya...the anime is already very different.
    But I was still pleased. The music was great, great OP and ED, and well animated. It also seems to be taking a more darker approach than the manga(except for the ED...which is cute:p )

But I don't really get how Sven could afford smokes but not any food :huh

21. Vile.47

I have a question, didn't Train leave Chrnos 2 years ago? In the opening he showed him and co. 2 years after. Does that mean there will be a time-skip?

22. onigiri-chan

hmm well i just saw the first ep and i haven’t read any of the manga and i though it was a little on the boring side, reminded me of a anime version of final justice if anyone knows what move that is (shivers at the though of seeing an anime version of joe don baker)

but i know some series take a couple episode to get any good but i dunno if i really wana see more

23. Tousenz

No timeskip.

24. TheVileOne

Well I'm unfamiliar with Black Cat, but I watched the first episode and I liked it.

I'm a bit confused, what organization does Sven work for? I understand that Train works for Chronos.

Train seems like a really tragic and dramatic character. I can't wait to learn more about him. If anyone knows where I can check out the Black Cat manga, please let me know.

Also, who was the dude that got upset about Train getting cut at the end of the first episode?

25. Tousenz

stoptazmo.com

Since you will read I wont spoil.

I might finally have people to talk to about it <.<

26. silverwings

Viz is going to be releasing it stateside in starting in March IIRC.

27. TEK

I have downloaded the first ep but have not watched it yet. I just wanted to know people's opinions on it before I started. Basically, would you recommend reading the manga over the anime, and if so, why? Also, where can I get the manga for it?

28. Tousenz

sigh no one reads threads anymore.

29. TEK

Oh ok. Is there any other place to download the manga. Cuz at stoptazmo, you have to download each chapter individually and that takes quite a bit of time. Is there anywhere to download the volumes at once.

edit: I decided to watch the 1st ep for the heck of it and thought it was pretty good. It looks to be an interesting series. However, I really didn't like the ending song/video. The opening song/video was pretty good though.

30. silverwings

Saw episode 2. Still have no idea what's going on. :p Okay, that's a lie. I have an inkling.

So Black Cat is doubting his purpose? He comes off very Heero Yui-ish for some reason. *shrugs*

The kimmono girl is annoying. I had a feeling that she was his mission, but I guess it was the other chick.

Sven rocks. :love