1. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK
  2. Fanclubs Reorganisation:
    We're consolidating the fanclub subsections on 07/08/2017. For more information, visit this thread
  3. Due to an update, many default preferences have changed.

If you have any issues, such as unrequested email notifications or following threads you didn't want to follow, then check your setting here.
  4. Hi guys. As you can tell we're on an org domain now. This isn't permanent, more details can be found here.
  5. Think you have the best waifu? Come and prove that your waifu is the best in the first ever NF Waifu Competition!
    Please submit any and all notifications in the link below: "
    NF Waifu Popularity Tournament

6. The latest NF Newsletter is out (August), read it here
  7. Summer Glow
    The HoU Banner Contest this time is centered on Summer time.
    The deadline is until July 23rd and you only have to click here to go straight to the information you need.

8. Ladies and gents, the Tech Hub has been archived! Any tech-related questions can go in KCC now, and make sure to use the new [Tech] tag!

Black Clover by Yuki Tabata (Weekly Shonen Jump)

Discussion in 'Akihabara Library' started by Rica_Patin, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Rica_Patin Baphometa Eloher

Common sense and a basic ability to critique what you read would argue otherwise.
    Also, Bleach and Fairy Tail were never good, but at the beginning they were at least mediocre.
    Black Clover has been a trainwreck from the start and I'm going to follow this train till it crashes because oh god is it hilarious.

Yeah... That's a bit baffling.
    I don't give much of a shit of normie American opinions though. They're all fucking retarded.
    I just thought the Black Clover award was funny, haha.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2016
  2. Donquixote Doflamingo Master Puppeteer

What people like and dislike are subjective so its pointless to argue over it. I know people who honestly believe Fairy tail is a top quality manga and i also know people who rate some of the worst chapters of fairy tail 10/10 when i personal consider them some of the worst chapters i have ever read in any manga.

Black cover is a sub par manga, but i don't see anything particularly shitty about it compared to most sub par manga i have read its just whatever, average. Black clover is forgettable i forget all the time to even read it, but when i do read it im usually like whatever. When i read Fairy tail or bleach im like wow this shit was awful :skully.

To each their own though. Perhaps the things people hate about black clover i just don't give a shit about or think its not as bad as others think it is.

3. Rica_Patin Baphometa Eloher

We've already had the discussion over you not critiquing what you read over and over.
    Just accept that other people care more about what they read and probably are a better judge of quality than you.

4. Donquixote Doflamingo Master Puppeteer

Doesn't change the fact that out of the manga i have read BC is nothing special when it comes to its badness. If thats not the case for you or others thats nice, i don't give two shits. Its a comic what anybody thinks of its quality besides myself is little concern to me.

5. MysticBlade The one and only truth

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/black_clover/en/0/72/page/1

Yami for main character :catsadfeels

6. Dragonus Nesha Le Rouquin Super Moderator

Are all the upper people in White Night Eye really demons?

To get Asta in close so he could kill him

7. luffy no haki Stronger than all

And that worked perfectly, specially the part where he didn´t kill him and still allowed the sword to stay there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. MysticBlade The one and only truth

Except litch, he's a human from the kingdom of clover gone rouge.

You have humans
    Demons
    Sea people
    What's next? Talking animals?
    Fairies
    Ghost
    Giants.

I thought everyone had a book of spells but it seems exclusively to the kingdom of clover. Or I'm missing something?

9. Rica_Patin Baphometa Eloher

Captain Vengeance being Licht is the most obvious plot twist ever.
    Tabata however is dumb enough to think it will fool people.
    What's sad though is the readerbase of Black Clover who actually think it's a good series will probably be dumb enough to be fooled and herald it as a brilliant twist.

10. MysticBlade The one and only truth

It'd be pretty Retarded of him to show his face and no other captain could recognize him.

Licht also posses light magic, and Williams is something nature like summoning a huge tree from the sky.

William might be with the white eyes but him and licht are two completely separate persons.

11. Rica_Patin Baphometa Eloher

You are seriously over-estimating Tabata's writing ability.

12. Tayimus Number One

Chapter was fine. I like Yami and how everyone calmed down with just a pat on the head from him, even Vanessa, who's a grown ass woman.

What? Where was that shown/stated? I could have sworn it was stated Vengeance had Light Magic. Can you give the page for him having Nature Magic? I'll look for the page for him having Light.

EDIT: Ah never mind, the page I was looking for doesn't say Vengeance has Light Magic--

Though, the way Yami says it makes it very ominous.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  13. MysticBlade The one and only truth

come on now, he's getting better and he wouldn't go for something that obvious.

Yeah, it's was to throw the readers off but i mean. come on, who's going to fall for that?
    In the entrance exams William summon a tree from the sky that broke off into branches for the brooms.
    I would assume he only posses nature magic something alike the sephiroth.

14. Rica_Patin Baphometa Eloher

It's not at all a leap for this series that there will be people capable of using two different magic types.
    There would no reason for that dialog exchange to be had if Vengeance wasn't capable of using light magic.
    You can see where Tabata is going from years away.
    He's a simpleton.

Yes, he would definitely do something that obvious.
    Tabata is a hack.
    I'm actually excited for this to reach several hundred chapters. This will be a beast on a whole different level than Kubo.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2016
  15. Tayimus Number One

16. Donquixote Doflamingo Master Puppeteer

lol its a basic red herring. He obviously seems to be the traitor which is why he won't be. Or if he is not the traitor we think he is.

The one guy who can copy magic is pretending to be somebody could be pretending to be him.

17. Rica_Patin Baphometa Eloher

Again, you guys are over-estimating Tabata's writing ability.
    He actually thinks what he is doing is subtle foreshadowing.
    If you guys want to willingly be delusional about this series then be my guest, just more entertainment for the thread.

18. Donquixote Doflamingo Master Puppeteer

You don't even need writing ability to do what Tabata is setting up. Its actually pretty low tier writing what i just suggested my little sister could come up with him. Its painfully obvious he is being set up as the traitor he even fucking looks like him, which is All the more reason for Tabata to do the usual OMG the guy we thought was evil actually isn't, or omg the guy we thought was evil is actually evil but he is not working with the same evil guys but another group.

Either way i don't really care if he is the bad guy or not if hes not then its just another garbage charcter added to the roster.

19. Rica_Patin Baphometa Eloher

Yes, even that is low tier writing, but it's still too high brow for someone as simple as Tabata.

20. MysticBlade The one and only truth

Well we'll see. Hope if he does his editors make changes to avoid that

The white eyes is giving off that phantom troop vibe.

21. Tayimus Number One

Look, we don't need to get into long discussions about the quality of Tabata's writing.

Remember, Tobi was Obito. After that, "red herrings" can't be casually written off as such.

22. MysticBlade The one and only truth

Tbh i don't know why most would say it's a horrible manga.
    black clover might have it's flaws but it's turning out to be a great manga.

the battles are unique as in it's mostly team work that gets the job done.
    the main character despite having a broken weapon still needs assistance against someone who's stronger than him. I was actually worried about that, but he's doing good so far in balancing that out.
    It's comedy is pretty damn good for shonen standards, there's actually more comedy than action.
    it has good pacing, something most mangas don't have.

cons are the shonen cliche.
    though despite that, the comedy actually makes fun of the shonen cliche.
    eg the main character being able to learn something that would take the regular person years, in a few minutes or day.
    Or weird looking antagonist in a serious situation, getting made fun at because how their facial features are.
    Black clover doesn't takes it's self too seriously.

It's comedy is a A+, That's one of the main reasons i enjoy it.

23. Rica_Patin Baphometa Eloher

I quit this forum.
    Fuck everybody here except for Taymius, Geomancer, noonealive, BlueDemon, Powerful_Lord, Narutoss, Snowless, Stunna, The_Soldier, Zaru, [S-A-F], Kenneth, and Dream.

The rest of you can go fuck yourself.
    It's been an eventful few 4 years, but I refuse to share my forum space with someone who is okay with outright lying for the purpose of bait like this.
    It's not good for my emotional state.
    Do you want people to come into thread and just be blatantly lied to like this? How can you so carelessly spread this kind of misinformation?
    I feel so sick and stressed out right now, because the alternative to you lying is that you actually believe what you said and knowing that there are people in the world operating at that kind of level is terrifying for me.

24. MysticBlade The one and only truth

If you don't share the same opinion then good for you.
    What you're doing is imposing your point of view like its a fact, your definition of what makes a good series is not everyone's opinion.

everyone has their own taste in manga.:catsmug
    a little break from NF can do wonders :mlpshrug

25. Rica_Patin Baphometa Eloher

There are certain objective ways to critically analyze things like this which you are seemingly oblivious to

26. Dragonus Nesha Le Rouquin Super Moderator

This last chapter showed him with pointed ears, like young Vetto, and separating himself from humans.
    They appear to be normal people, who just happen to live at the bottom of the sea.
    Well, there are the elemental spirits. I wouldn't be surprised if Salamander could talk.
    Diamond Kingdom also has grimoires.

27. Donquixote Doflamingo Master Puppeteer

Rotten Tomatos gave it a good score so its probably shit, but ive never seen it.

28. Tayimus Number One

*stares*

Not to bring the point up yet again, but you do realize that how you said RT gave a bad movie a good score is exactly what @Rica_Patin's been saying about your own estimation of Black Clover...?

29. Donquixote Doflamingo Master Puppeteer

I've never seen that Movie(or heard of it before) and i don't know Ricas opinion on RT rating quality so no i did not realize. I personally don't mind them myself though, i just like making jokes at the website.

But regardless i hardly give Black Clover a Good score, certainly would not give it a 91 rating which Rotten Tomatoes gave the Room. I just said i don't think its the worst manga currently out their, which since quality of literature is one of the most subjective things out there(A example being RT apparently considering a terrible movie a pretty good movie), its not something you can really argue agasint or something thats even worth discussing honestly. I got a lot of free time but even i got better things to do then argue if a bad manga is worse or better then other shitty manga. Like i really don't care XD

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  30. Tayimus Number One

You completely missed my point (or I didn't state it effectively), but whatever.