1. NF staff is currently looking to add new advisors. We are pulling from all areas of the site. If you're interested, feel free to create a Staff Conference Room thread to discuss the details. Click here for more general info and discussion.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

Black Recievers, i.e. Chakra Rods *Naruto & Sasuke

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki' started by Ultra Instinct Senjutsu, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Ultra Instinct Senjutsu Mo-Kage, Mo-Problems

United States
    We have seen them used several times, although aside from Naruto, all users have been wielders of the Rinnegan.
    They have been shown to be used as makeshift weapons, to being control rods to project the will of the wielder, into the hosts body, or in Momoshiki's case, to pin one to the ground. (even though Naruto could move and touch them)
    We have seen reanimations, and Tailed Beasts controlled this way.

I have a few Q's here

Can you manipulate the shape of a chakra "rod" into the like of a shuriken, or sword?
    This would seem like a broken af way to go about fighting, with a limitless weapon.
    imagine a practically indestructible giant shuriken being thrown through all jutsu used to try and block it, or able to cut through basically anything, especially if used similarly to the Rasenshuriken.
    Especially if they could be molded the shapes to what the user needed at the time, sword, spear, etc.
    Obito uses TCBs as a literal unbreakable shield, that is only able to be bypassed by Kakashi's Kamui, and it took the blast from x3 10tails TBBs, that's a pretty substantial feat.

I know there is a the Sword of Nunoboku that Hagoromo apparently made, and that Naruto/Sasuke were able to break, but that seemed like a unique case, as we never see or hear about it again.

Or did Tenten get that too? lmao jk jk

Also Also, Nagato used the rods like piercings, so he was at least able to create tiny needlelike chakra rods.

Where did Naruto's go, and by extension, his TSBs?
    We never see him use them again, and he seemingly lost a few in the fight with Sasuke.
    If Naruto does still have access to them, do his work the same as a Rinnegan wielders do, allowing him to transmit his chakra, or control others?
    We see him use a rod like a weapon vs Madara, and pinning down Madara's shadow by impaling it with a few of them.

Why do we never see Sasuke use them?
    Can he not make them at all, or does he just not utilize the Outer Path?

Seemingly, Sasuke is somewhat wasteful with his Rinnegans potential outside of using CT on Momoshiki.
    He never tries to absorb chakra, rinnegan summons, devils head, etc.
    Either the dude is nerfed to hell, or this may be brought up in the future

Was it the hand seal that gave Naruto access to them, or the amount of Tailed Beast chakras he had access to?
    Or is this one of those "Naruto lost his powers and is thereby weaker now, blah blah blah"?

Did losing the seals actually impact Naruto & Sasuke when it comes to abilities?
    I'm assuming, if they still had them, they could have super sealed Momoshiki, same as Kaguya right?
    Or is this a one and done type power and would/could only be used for Kaguya?

Extra Credit; depending on the answer for the above, if Boruto were to lose his seal arm, same as Naruto or Sasuke, would this strip him of all abilities it gave him, or do we THINK they will remain passive?
    Since we obviously don't have a feat to go off of.
    Do we think the seals work the same way, and Hagoromo giving his seals was a precursor to Momoshiki giving his?
    Since "killing a God" gives one the seal, did Hagoromo not give out his Seals until after he was dead? (this could make sense, as he may be enough Otsutsuki to be able to reward said seals, or they are just HIS version of seals to transfer HIS dying powers to someone else, in this case, split that power in half.)
    Does this need to be its own thread?

Tags:
  2. Divell King of Trolls

Yes. You can manipulate it to fit a weapon of your choosing. We see various forms of transformation where used for the same thing.

We don't know. But is likely they are still there and he doesn't see a point on bringing them out considering his fighting style or he used them all. Obito was relying on them and used them more effectively because his others powers where blocked. Madara barely relied on them and used more varied techniques. Kaguya is the same way. And Naruto and Sasuke the same.

Ssasuke absorbed chakra during his fight with Naruto from all 9 Bijuu and Naruto himself. He simly deems it unecessary considering his fighting style is more effective and doesn't rely solely on Six Paths technique. Also is doubtful that the rods created by Sasuke are any different from the ones created by Madara or Pain.

A mixth of both. All Hagoromo's charkra and seals did was accelerate the process. That's it. Sasuke would have awakened the Rinnegan eventually and Naruto having all 9 Bijuu gave him access to the 10 tails chakra.

During the time. Yes. But they are stronger now if is true that Momoshiki is stronger than Kaguya.

Those are different seals. Hagoromo did not have Kama. He didn't kill a god. He developed that seal precisely to seal Kaguya. Boruto is not losing his Kama powers and he also has the Jougan. Which seems a Doujutsu on the lv of Byakugan or greater.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  3. Sasuke Otsusuki Member

Im just gonna answer the sasuke not using the rinnegan question,
    he is nerfed AFFFFFF, if he used his rinnegan at full potential there would be no plot in the story, the shin arc wouldntve existed in the first place, the filler arc where he fought a guy that made tornados wouldnt have exited either and many more things, its basically just plot armor to keep the series from collapsing.

4. Buuhan ⋄ C I N D E R ⋄

Hell Sasuke could try and get dual rinnegan and SM. Naruto should be using broken levels of Mokuton, and try to also get two rinnegan on his own.

5. Ultra Instinct Senjutsu Mo-Kage, Mo-Problems

United States
    How many forms have we seen aside from the DNA helix looking sword and the staffs that seemed to have been premade via Hagoromo?
    Granted you're right Obito used the variations of the TSBs constantly, but they were more fluidly used rather than a blunt instrument like Naruto uses the rods.
    Just seems super practical for Sasuke of all people to use them for weapons or to replace his sword, as we've seen him lose his sword vs Momoshiki, and didn't really fight Urashiki any different way.

What about using them to create normal sized shuriken, then once thrown have wind style added like Danzo did, that's basically infinite ammo.

If it's a mix of both, could it be Naruto is no longer able to without the seal, and same goes for sasuke for abilities outside of the rinnegan?
    In the fight against Momoshiki there was no reason Naruto didn't use them the same way he did vs Madara.
    In fact, the rods seemed to actually be Naruto's weakness, as Momoshiki used them to pin him down, making it seem like either Momo's rods were better than Narutos (giggity) or that Naruto

I've screamed this internally since we found out how Rinnegan are even attained.
    They both should have Dual Rinne, but they would have solo'd Momo casually.

Imagine them creating a contingency plan for the absolute worst case scenario, Sasuke having his own 6 Paths of Pain, but still able to fully utilize his EMS abilities?!
    GTFO
    If Obito had all the jinchuriki, so will Sasuke and Naruto reviving Jman and Minato, while still having all his current abilities.

6. Buuhan ⋄ C I N D E R ⋄

Well they didn't seem to be in danger during the fight, but it would've definitley helped.

See as much as I love the idea too there are also reasons as to why it isn't feasible. Madara took many years to awaken his rinnegan so Sasuke taking Narutos Ashura chakra doesn't guarantee he will awaken one in a timely manner. You can also argue that since Naruto possess no dojutsu to begin with it would be impossible for him to awaken rinnegan.

He can still use his EMS abilities though. Thats the point of a 6 tomoe rinnegan. It subverts the need to put the eye back to an inferior state to use the MS jutsu. 6 Paths would be cool though.
    Ehh i don't know how well that would sit with Naruto though. Using his father and Jiraiya in that way would probably be looked down upon.

7. Sunrider Angry Negro

Aren't the chakra rods kinda brittle though? I recall them breaking the rods rather easily whenever the opportunity arose, which suggests they'd make weak weapons for sustained combat. They'd still have value though, as single-use weapons like shuriken or makibishi. Use them like claymores in a trap and you can ruin somebody's day.

I don't fully understand where the truth-seeking orbs went; if Hagoromo's gifts were temporary, there'd be no reason Sasuke still has the Rinnegan. I read somewhere that the orbs are still available to Naruto if he chooses, but then if that were true, wouldn't he have used them against Momoshiki?

But then, Naruto is the sort-of jinchuriki of all the tailed beasts now, so he should be able to use each other nature releases available to them and he hasn't sooo *shrugs*
    Seems entirely ridiculous to me that he hasn't got that prosthetic arm yet, since it'd give him full Rinnegan and make him immensely powerful.

But I'm assumingthe reason he doesn't is that Sasuke's afraid the power will corrupt him again? I dunno.

8. Buuhan ⋄ C I N D E R ⋄

I think it’s explained in a novel that he views losing his arm and keeping it that way as a form of repentenance for his misdeeds. The power part might be true, but I’ll do some digging I make sure lol.

9. Sunrider Angry Negro

I haven't gotten the chance to read it, so everything I assumed was pure speculation.

10. Buuhan ⋄ C I N D E R ⋄

It hit pretty close to what happened though so thats some keen insight.

11. Ultra Instinct Senjutsu Mo-Kage, Mo-Problems

United States
    Same thoughts here.
    If I'm not wrong, i'm like 99% positive Sasuke can have his REAL arm healed back via Naraka Path?

hopefully we can see him change his mind before the last/a serious battle he is involved in.
    If Kinshiki wasn't enough to overpower a dude with a single arm, I need to see my boy take on 2-3 O'clan members at once, then get serious and get his arm back mid fight, and just start dropping devastating attacks down on everyone.

This is true, I rewatched Pain vs Kakashi and even he was able to snap one with just his wrist moving, whic hsuggests they are straight up brittle, but, Naruto's were able to not only hit, but do damage to a Limbo Clone from Madara, so maybe they are only as strong as the user enhances them to be??

This is where I believe a debate is growing about their gifts disappearing.
    Naruto had that Jesus Touch that saved Gai, and HEALED A DUDES MISSING EYEBALL.

But yet we don't see any of Naruto's clones running the hospital, saving Gai's bones, or healing his OWN arm???

You'd also think he would have used Truth Seeking Balls to protect Boruto/Sarada instead of telling Sasuke to protect them, so they could have defeated Momo right then and there, or, took the fight farther away.
    UNLESS you like the idea that Naruto went voluntarily in order to learn more about the O'clan and knowing Sasuke would have been able to follow wherever they went.

THEORY
    Seems the "seals" carries a liiiiiitle more weight than people think.
    Hell, that could be why Sasuke CAN'T turn off his Rinnegan, because the power that allowed him to unlock it is gone, but yet the results of that power(Rinnegan) still remains, therefore it must remain active as if he took it from someone else.

12. Buuhan ⋄ C I N D E R ⋄

Well in theory he could always restore it with Naraka, or use a mini susanoo arm in place. I will say though that he's acclimated well. He seems to have pretty much made sure he can perform pretty much all jutsu with a single seal so him gaining it back is iffy.

13. Ultra Instinct Senjutsu Mo-Kage, Mo-Problems

United States
    I've said this before, and wish to any gods listening, that someone will draw me a legit concept art of him, both eyes lit up, and using Susano'o to make an arm and use Lightning Release from it.
    OR
    Use Susano'o to basically turn him into Ironman with a super miniaturized (maybe compressed?) Susano'o to boost his strength, speed, etc.
    Would look glorious beside Naruto's Chakra mode. :druul

If not, I personally would like Sarada to use the above once she gets MS.
    Use the minature size to boost her stats across the board, and maybe say "using a smaller form of the Susano'o uses much less chakra", so we can see her get some legit & unique use out of her Sharingan :sgan

14. Buuhan ⋄ C I N D E R ⋄

• Spoiler:
    • Heres some Susanoo armor concepts

15. Sunrider Angry Negro

I imagined this and was trying to draw it a few weeks ago (to little success).

I am so pleased art of the concept exists.

16. Ultra Instinct Senjutsu Mo-Kage, Mo-Problems

United States
    that is freakin amazing!!
    AND with that Amaterasu?!

That's exactly the route they should take with it, I wouldn't be mad at all if that were to become reality, or even have a Flame Control/Amaterasu sword in that hand and Lightning Blade in the other.

I'm gonna have to go with #2
    The first doesn't feel right, and the third needs touched up a tad in the wing department, but would be the right idea as far as giving Sasuke a form of passive Chakra Cloaking
    Would be a legit way to make Sasuke arguably more agile than Naruto, or, it's not impossible that we will see a Susano'o wielding O'Clan member and have them use it in more creative way, never know!

17. Buuhan ⋄ C I N D E R ⋄

Personally I like the first and second ones too lol, but I feel like the colors need to be toned down if you get what I mean. The partial look fits Sasuke more.
    That has more to do with Naruto having RSM which allots him greater physical power than Sasuke not really a chakra cloak.

18. Ultra Instinct Senjutsu Mo-Kage, Mo-Problems

United States
    True, I'm thinking it being explained away as;
    "Sasuke uses lightning release to propel the Susano'o, putting less stress on his actual body, while at the same time keeping the agility he had in base"
    just to give him a slight bump, but not much.
    It would skyrocket his physical damage stat, and would be significant armor that could be expanded when needed.

19. Buuhan ⋄ C I N D E R ⋄

Well he already uses a lightning amp in Boruto. It would provide an incredible defense though.

20. Ultra Instinct Senjutsu Mo-Kage, Mo-Problems

United States
    True, but isn't that more for just a speed amp rather than damage?
    Rewatching the Momo fight you can see him blitzing around speed wise, but not physically doing significant damage, whereas Naruto hits him with the slow Rocky-Spit-Take punch

Maybe he could just speed boost his full size Susano'o, like having Kirin come down and "push" him, prob not feasible, but could look cool conceptually at least.