1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Santi would like to notify you guys about The Alley Banner Contest
    Dismiss Notice

Blade of the Immortal

Discussion in 'Konoha Theatre' started by Saishin, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Saishin Hajimemashite

Tags:
  2. Jake CENA BAH GAWD KING, IT'S JAKE CENA!!

oh shit! its real! :bury

3. Stringer ∟ v a l i a n t

Canada
    I'd rather see them save their budget and use it on an animated series instead of a live-action flick, and preferably one produced by a studio like Manglobe

I need to see the epic fights drawn by Hiroaki Samura brought to life dang it :catthinks

4. the_notorious_Z.É. The Pirate Prime minister

Portugal
    Manji looks like a 50 years old man, Manji is supposed to be on his 20s.

5. Saishin Hajimemashite

Movie to be released in US theaters on November 3

6. Suigetsu

7. Jake CENA BAH GAWD KING, IT'S JAKE CENA!!

MOVIE OF THE YEAR :bury

8. MartialHorror The Convicted Cinephile!

9. Mider T VM Zombie

10. Detective ★★★★★★★

Canada
    Someone merge my thread with this one.

:bury

11. MartialHorror The Convicted Cinephile!

It probably will be, as I can't remember the last Japanese movie to get a wide release. Plus, Takashi Miike has always been more of a cult favorite.

12. Suigetsu

I cant wait, hoping it gets a wide release. Manga kino is finally here.

13. GRIMMM The Black Empire

Whoa, how did I miss this one? Definitely going to see it.

14. BlackBat17 Legendary Ninja

Definitely going to see this movie, if it gets a wide release.

15. Uncle Acid Well-Known Member

So what did people think of this? I though the poster was iffy as fuck, but I knew that if there's one man who could make this cool it's Miike. He just does whatever the fuck he wants and he's not afraid to do his own things and go his own ways. If you ask me I'd say this is his best film since 2003's Gozu, or maybe even his best since 2002's Graveyard of Honor.

I thought this was faithful enough to the source material that the majority of the fans of the manga will enjoy it, and at the same time it was so over the top, bloody, violent and cartoonish that it'll please fans of cult films and with time I am pretty sure this will gain the status as a cult film. The two and a half hours went incredibly fast. Very pleased!

Btw, while unrelated to this film, no-one is as good at remaking films as Takashi Miike. One of very few directors who can keep remaking classic films and make them both good and interesting, and even if they don't live up to the original he just works his magic and makes you want to re-watch them several times, quite often right after I've seen the original films.

16. MartialHorror The Convicted Cinephile!

Takashi Miike is awesome because he's so versatile yet so...distinctly weird? Who would've thought that the guy who does some batshit insane artsy project like "Gozu" would do something mainstream like "13 Assassins"? I wasn't crazy about his "Hara-kiri" remake though. I still haven't seen this, but I definitely will.

17. Jake CENA BAH GAWD KING, IT'S JAKE CENA!!

i can't recall what exactly happened in the anime, but this movie was well done. the girl that uses a chain+scythe was awesome. the fight scenes were well done too.

18. Zef Dark Magician

How much of the story does the movie cover?

Haven't finished the manga yet.

19. Jake CENA BAH GAWD KING, IT'S JAKE CENA!!

Anotsu Kagehisa was the final boss. I haven't finished the manga yet so i can't tell.

20. Uncle Acid Well-Known Member

It covers the two first arcs if I am not mistaken.

21. Amol Chief of Wisdom

I wasn't wowed by it. Not to mention Rin's character was so illogical that she made me annoyed by the end of film.
    Fights were good in any case.
    Rurouni Kenshin still remains my favorite samurai movie .
    P. S. : Rin a character who was supposed to be a 'Gaki'(child) is played by Hana Sugisaki. I thought she is actually minor actress around 14 or 15. Imagine my surprise when I found out that actress is her Twenties.
    She looks like a kid.
    Dem Japanese girls man.

22. A I Z E N 宮本武蔵

I've heard mixed reviews still haven't gotten around to watching it yet, but hoping it's a decent Live Action.

23. hcheng02 Well-Known Member

There was an animated series. It wasn't very good though.

24. Rifulofthewest Active Member

There was so much good criticism about this movie that I formed too high a view of it, given that netflix is dedicated to adapting things like dead note with a perverted teen Ligth ... Now I can say that I hate it.
    Well I do not hate it vicerally, but I depend on her success to reprint the manga in my country and it is very shit for that to happen.
    First, the problem with this movie is that if you have not read the whole manga before you will not understand anything that happens, the characters come and go without any explanation, and have adapted the manga badly: they lose 20 minutes in two characters that, although memorable and interesting in a manga of 200 chapters, were not important in the main plot and really did not need to integrate them into the story and less if the film is only two hours ... this causes important characters like Magatsu or Hyakurin (even Shira) are not as important as if they have (Please, it is not even said if Magatsu dies or not and Hyakurin only disappears ... Also Shira is ridiculous compared to the feeling that he could kill half of the cast that he gave in the original manga).
    Rin does not make sense, from action girl to run for help in three minutes, in the manga it is quite obvious that Rin is only a girl of 13 when all the shit happens and she needs help to get revenge, but here they put her as who trains to be a warrior so why do you need help then? If you plan on letting someone know how to fight, something must happen that makes it clear that she will not be able to do it alone, but nothing happens in the film, it simply changes characterization.
    Mangi is unpleasantly, is too extreme in being an asshole, has nothing good, in the manga was really nice but impolite, here is just an idiot.
    The clothes are very little integrated, they seem like those costumes that you buy on the internet with cheap cloth and bright colors, and I can not believe the wig that they have put on Kagehisa, Magatsu and Shira
    However, I must admit that the film has done things well ... specifically three: the old is very well interpreted, Kagimura Habaki has more sense of old than absurdly young in appearance that he had in the manga; and ... Rin really looks like Machi, which is interesting, because in the manga all the female characters look a lot like each other, but just Rin and Machi did not look like anything ... it was very funny to see Mangi noticing the non-existent resemblance