1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Blame!

Discussion in 'Akihabara Records' started by Kucheeky Badkuya, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Kucheeky Badkuya ->-

Finally jumped on the Blame! Bandwagon (shame on me) and was totally blown away by the artwork. Forget Akira's Neo Tokyo, if you want to see amazing sprawling architecture read this. The art is very dark and gothic and it has some mental action.

Story resolves around a guy called Killy who?s trying to stop an ever expanding city consuming the world by finding.....I forgot but its something kickass, while causing ridiculous amounts of damage with his gun.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2005
    Tags:
  2. Yak on a Forums Break

Ya, to me Blame is sort of an exceptional manga mainly because even though the scenery stays in the same environment it changes very often where ever Killy is going and shows the reader architectural dimensions that are very dark and gloomy and resemble some end-time scenario. Even though it looks very advanced most of the time it appears dirty and abandoned. Also the interaction with text is on a very low scale and the artists expresses a big part of the interaction with action of the character(s) and with the environment.

Blame is a crazy, dark and future-apocalyptic piece of work. Not suitable for everyone but surely worth a read.

3. Kucheeky Badkuya ->-

Wow, I found someone who likes this manga, good thing if you are wondering. Since, I have read manga's that not a lot of people have read, I guess maybe thats why I like this one. The anime is really weird but the animation is almost human-like.

4. Jotun Dyroness

I cannot find any links for this manga for the life of me, and the full volume torrent is dead :/

Anyone think they can help out?

5. Xenophobia Brillent...but Lazy..very Lazy

Blame! anime suck so bad....

6. DominusDeus Shinigami

Hate to bump up this 8 month old topic, but I recently started reading Blame!

Bloody hell it's good. Not my favorite manga, but top 5. Waiting for December to roll around so I can grab volume 10 from amazon.com...

Would also like to point out that Blame! has two prequels and a sequel.

The two prequels are:

Spoiler:
    NOiSE is a one volume manga created by Tsutomu Nihei as a prequel to his acclaimed ten-volume work, Blame!.

It offers some rather sketchy information concerning the Megastructure's origins and initial size, as well as the origins of Silicon life. The book also include an early Blame! (Spelled without the exclamation mark) story that debuted in 1995.

NOiSE should be available on amazon in December (I hope).

Biomega
    Spoiler:
    Set in the future. It follows a character by the name of Kanoe Zouichi and his AI companion Kanoe Fuyu whose luminous form is integrated into the system of his bike. They are agents sent by a powerful organization (Toh-a Heavy Industries) to retrieve humans with the ability to resist and transmute the N5S infection that is spreading across the world.

The art in BioMega is similar to BLAME!, with its complicated concrete sprawl and ludicrously wide, empty spaces. However, things seem to happen at a more reasonable pace. In this manga, there is emphasis on the swiftness of the attacks made by Zouichi, such as the gun being sheathed just before the enemies fall to the ground. Speed is crucial in this manga, unlike in BLAME!, and the plot develops just as quickly.

The sequel is called:

Spoiler:
    Net Sphere Engineer is the official sequel to the ten-volume manga BLAME! by Tsutomu Nihei.

The timeline of the story is presumably set many centuries after the ending of BLAME!.

The series appears in Bessatsu Morning (Morning Extra) magazine, which is published randomly and infrequently.

Net Sphere Engineer follows a man, called a Dismantler (who bears a resemblace to the character Killy from Blame!), who is in charge of sub-dividing the nexus towers that incur Safeguard interference upon its detection of humans without the net terminal genes. Although humans are once again able to reside in the Net sphere, the Safeguard are still a threat. The Dismantler, or NSE (Net sphere engineer), goes on a journey to aid mankind in their survival.

Don't know if it's still relevant, but if you search mininova (dot org) right now, there is an active 887 MB torrent for all 66 chapters of Blame, as well as the 6 episode OVA that sucked.