1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Bleach Captains Info Directory Thread!

Discussion in 'Society TV' started by Utz, Jun 25, 2005.

1. Utz Allure in the Wind

If you have anything to contribute or remark/comment/suggest on this directory, please do so below :amuse

1st Division- Captain Yamamoto Genryuusai (thanks to Kieren)

Name: Yamamoto Genryuusai
    Division: 1st
    vice-captain: Chōjirō Sasakibe
    Biography: Besides being the captain of the least-known division of the Shinigami, Division 1, Yamamoto is also the overseeing leader of the Gotei 13. He created the Shinigami school long before the Bleach story takes place where he personally taught both Shunsui Kyōraku and Jūshirō Ukitake whom are now captains today. Yamamoto has a massive amount of spiritual pressure as noted when Nanao Isane was brought to her knees just before the Ukitake and Kyōraku fight. Yamamoto is a highly respected man who follows orders and rules not only from himself but also Central 46. Since Central 46 has been eliminated by Aizen, Yamamoto has taken on responsibility as the person running Soul Society.

Zanpakuto
    Yamamoto Genryuusai's zanpakuto has only been shown once and that was during the small fight between him and Kyōraku and Ukitake. Ryūjin Jakka (流刃若火, lit. Flowing Blade like Flame) is the oldest zanpakuto engulfed in fire and can turn anything to ash around it. When dormant, the zanpakuo stays hidden inside Yamamoto's staff.

2nd Division- Soifon (thanks to Kieren)

Name: SoiFon
    Division: 2nd
    Vice-Captain: Marechiyo Ōmaeda
    Biography: Soifon is very loyal and follows immediatly the orders of Head Commander Yamamoto Genryuusai. Soifon was born into the Fon house. She went into the special forces during her youth where in time she got promoted to head guard and protected Yoruichi when she was still in the Soul Society. When Yoruichi left Soul Society, Soifon had since felt betrayed. It wasn't until recently after the Soul Society Arc that that Soifon had put away her anger and made peace with Yoruichi. There have been many time in which it is suggested that Soifon has a secret admiration for Yoruichi. Today not only is she the captain of the 2nd division, but also the head of the special forces.

Zanpakuto
    Suzumebachi (雀蜂, lit. Hornet) is the name that was given to her Zanpakuto. In its initial release Suzumebachi shrinks into a stinger that is worn on the middle finger of Soifon's right hand. When Soifon stabs someone with Suzumebachi, a butterfly symbol called a hornet's crest will appear. Should the person get hit again by Suzumebachi, he/she will die instantly. When Yoruichi was still part if the Soul Society, Suzumebachi could only stay active for about a half an hour.

3rd Division- Ichimaru Gin
    Name: Ichimaru Gin
    Division: 3rd
    Biography: The Captain of the 3rd Division, Ichimaru Gin has never so far in the anime been seen without a smile. Yet, behind that smile is a man whose selfish and possibly evil actions have led him to be the targeted "killer" of the late Captain Aizen of the 5th Division, who was stabbed in the chest and flung upon a high rise in the Court of Pure Souls.
    Ichimaru Gin is a name feared throughout the Soul Society, for example, when the White Gate Guardian, Jidanbou, saw him, his whole body quivered in fear at just the sight of this Captain. His soul cutter's name is "Shinsou", and once awakened by its master, it can extend to great distances and still push with amazing force and speed just like its user.
    So far we do not know his goals, his true identity, or much anything about him, but even when it seems he is being attacked, his smile never wavers, a creepy glow of maniacal madness to say the least!

4th Division- Unohana Retsu
    Name: Unohana Retsu
    Division: 4th
    Biography: As many people have implied during the latest episodes of the anime, the 4th Division is looked down upon just because of the lack of strength of its members, but yet have these ingrits realized that without the 4th Division, their medical aids and support would be nowhere, which could lead to fatal outcomes. Not much is known about this Captain, but by looking at the healing and supportful powers of her members, specifically Hanatarou (the boy who took care of Ichigo after his fight with Abarai Renji), we can assume this Captain has numerous medicinal powers, maybe a cross-reference to our very own Tsunade-hime from Naruto! :amuse

6th Division- Kuchiki Byakuya
    Name: Kuchiki Byakuya
    Division: 6th
    Biography: The first Captain of the Gotei 13 we are introduced to, Kuchiki Byakuya is portrayed to be an arrogant, self-minded, yet fearful Captain whose mastery in the Kuchiki Clan has never been reached, and whose meer presence in the Court of Pure Souls rings fear and obedience in his followers.
    Although he is the older brother of Kuchiki Rukia, they are not blood-related as she was adopted into the Kuchiki Clan during her studying at the Shinigami Academy. However, his relationship with her is as good as she being his greatest enemy. In his life, his job as a Shinigami and the rules of the Soul Society come before literally everything, even to the point where he shows no remorse to the fact that his sister will be executed.
    His power and fighting ability is superb, and even his speed is unmatched (with the exceptian of the God of Flash Yoruichi-chan XD), where with a blink of an eye you might miss him. He wields a soul cutter named Senbonzakura, which, when called upon, quickly vanishes into thousands of flower petals that drift in the sky over his opponent, then come slicing down in the form of thousands of sharp swords.

7th Division- Komamura Sajin
    Name: Komamura Sajin
    Division: 7th
    Biography: Again, not much is known about this Captain, but he wears some form of a helmet possibly to hide his true identity of occurences of his face.

8th Division- Kyouraku Shunsui
    Name: Kyouraku Shunsui
    Division: 8th
    Biography: Being probably the laziest and most peaceful Captain of the Gotei 13, Shunsui is a man lost in the world of women, sleep, and sake. Not much is known about him, besides his amazing speed and unique style of fighting, where it seems he isn't doing anything but in reality he can dodge any attack and attack at the same time. He wields two soul cutters, whose names are not yet identified and he likes to flirt and tease with his Lieutenant, calling her nicknames such as "My Nanao".

10th Division- Hitsugaya Toushirou
    Name: Hitsugaya Toushirou
    Division: 10th
    Biography: A genius prodigy Captain, Hitsugaya is the youngest of the Gotei 13, yet has an incredible amount of skill and power, not to mention a kind heart and an intelligent mind. He is the second suspect besides Captain Aizen of the 5th Division who suspects treachery behind the smile of Ichimaru Gin, and he even warns the 5th Division's Lieutenant, Hinamori, of the danger her Captain Aizen could be in. Nothing else is known about him, he hasn't yet released his soul cutter, but his speed has shown to be incredible as well.

11th Division- Zaraki Kenpachi
    Name: Zaraki Kenpachi
    Division: 11th
    Biography: Possibly the most feared and powerful (shown so far in spiritual energy) of the Gotei 13, Zaraki Kenpachi is a man whose shear spirit force can stop people in their tracks, and even cause those who have less control of their spirit force to beckon in pain and fatigue. Not much is known about his mammoth of spirit force, his Lieutenant always directs him on the wrong path to his goal, which is always a fight to the death. His only reason in life (in his eyes) is to kill anyone that he thinks is strong, which actually is the reason he holds the name "Kenpachi", which was given to him for being a ruthless exterminator and never being defeated.
    He is also the only Captain of the Gotei 13 who not only does not have a ban kai, but doesn't even know the summoning/name of his soul cutter! However with the shear power of his spirit force (which grows to astonishing heights when he removes his eyepatch), any opponent who dares to go against him will have the fight of his/her life.

12th Division- Kurotshuchi Mayuri
    Name: Kurotshuchi Mayuri
    Division: 12th
    Biography: Another unknown Captain, Mayuri seems to be the science maniac of the group, wanting to experiment and punish those who have been defeated. His fighting style revolves around the nerve-puncturing and lethal poisoining effects of his soul cutter, Ashisogi Jizou. In its shikai form, one stab of his blade will in a small amount of time paralyze the victim's entire body, creating a complete lack of mobility. And if that's not enough, the soul cutter's bankai is even more deadly and fierce. When called upon, a caterpillar-bodied and alien/baby looking face grows from the shikai, and breathes lethal poison that can kill you quite easily.

Last edited: May 15, 2007
    Tags:
  2. Akamaru Mask *NS125's pet Kitty*

That was very helpful Utz ^_^ good work

3. Utz Allure in the Wind

Hehe np, glad to be of help!

I'll have to find some images soon though XD

4. Jack Bauer Hoping Love

great job (its a good thing you didn't put spoilers :ninja)

5. shadowtyphoon23 follando

without the spoilers its kind of empty but thats ok. you'll have to edit it as soon as the episodes with the captains are shown.

6. The Sandwich Prince Rasta Mon!

It's the TV thread. If you want spoilers go to the freakin Library thread.

7. TenshiOni Active Member

Nicely done, my friend.

*stickies*

8. Utz Allure in the Wind

@ shadowtyphoon-- yes it does seem empty at the moment because of the lack of references presented to the Captains from the anime episodes, but do not worry, as the anime episodes continue and the Captains' info. grows, so will this list :amuse

9. Sol Pfftt...

:thumbs Its infomative, yet free from major spoilers.

10. Utz Allure in the Wind

In the future I might make one for the Society Library, with all the stuff from the manga so it will be much more informative, but I'll keep this one here free of spoilers :amuse

11. metronomy Active Member

You could also add that Kyouraku Shunsui, is the first person we see whom carries duel soul cutters.

12. Utz Allure in the Wind

Is that shown in the anime yet?

13. Racheal Ethereal Dream's Colourist

yeah, they showed his duel soul cutters in episode 37.

14. Utz Allure in the Wind

Oh ok, I'll update it now :amuse Thanks for the heads up!

15. wolfman_120 One Winged Angel

Very well done. How long did that take you?

16. Utz Allure in the Wind

Not that long...anime still fresh in my head, so is the manga, but I kept it free of spoilers, so not that long at all.

17. Insipidipity Ignostic Buddhist

Well you said any discussion of Soi Fong. She seems pretty vicious. It seems she has problems with everyone, she was fighting some black girl in her ending sequence and even Yoroichi broke off her sword(pretty impressive for a cat) in the intro. I sense shes the kind of person to hold rivalries and seems to hate her vice captain.

18. Wing-Zero Whoa!!!

thanks utz thats cool

19. cinosweiv The Half Blood Bleach

Good job in the summary.

20. HoaSoLazi Very Perverted ^_-

I think he uses his leutenants sword because she doesnt have one. but thats my opinion.

21. Caustic Personality.

Or maybe that book she's lugging around is some variant of a soul cutter! Or it's full of high class demon arts spells that she uses in place of a blade. I personally want to know what makes the book worth carrying everywhere.

22. shizune (inactive) winter is coming

wow wow i've been looking for this thanks so much!

23. Ichimaru Gin Bleach

You outlined me nicely thanks

- Gin

24. Tsukiyomi Crazy Cyborg Monkey

I think you need to update this. Byakuya and Mayuri for instance have shown their shikai, and Mayuri showed his Ban Kai.

25. Phantom Member

Utz, would you give me permission to use your captains description in my guide? i will give you credit for doing that :D

26. Utz Allure in the Wind

@ Tsukiyomi-- yah my bad I'll update that once I get home >. < (at a friend's right now).

@ Phantom-- sure thing :thumbs

27. Utz Allure in the Wind

1st post updated with the latest episodes data, including added information to most of the Captains' sections.

:amuse Enjoy.

28. Utz Allure in the Wind

>> Unstickied thread since it's already posted in the Bleach FAQ Thread in the Court of Pure Souls.

29. Tsukiyomi Crazy Cyborg Monkey

Any plans to update it again soon since the anime has shown so much more of the captains?

30. Oneiricer Member

You could also write down the 3 possible ways to become a captain, as said by tousen in the last episode :)
    Just a suggestion, great work.