1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Bleach Captains

Discussion in 'Court of Pure Souls' started by Sasori-puppet#02, Oct 15, 2006.

1. Sasori-puppet#02

Don't you get the feeling that Kubo Tite/the animation team could go into more details about the various anonymous captains of Bleach?

For example, the previous 11th squad captain that Zaraki Kenpachi killed. After watching the Bleach fillers (especially Maki's history), I really want to find out more about this mystery captain before he died.

There's also the previous captains from long ago that were shown briefly during the Bleach OVA (The sealed Sword). A handful of those captains sacrificed their own lives to seal away Baishin, but they looked pretty cool.

It's not just the anonymous captains; I want to find out the history behind the ones that we know right now: Byakuya, Ukitake, Shunsui, Hitsugaya. I'd like to find out about them when they were younger and how they became captains.

Which captain would you like to know more about?

Tags:
  2. Jaggerjack

Spoiler:
    Byakuya: Was born into the kuchiki family. Became the dtrongest member of the family ever. Married a comoner. Famy got pissed. his Wifey said to adopt her younger sister. He found Rukia. Adopter her. vowed to never break the rules again.

Shunsui and Ukitake: Were top students at the academy, who were liked by Genryuusai, and became the first 2 captains.

Hitsugaya: used to live with hinamori at a young age. Was believed to be the reincarnation of a Heavenly guardian. became a Shinigami. Became the youngest captain ever.

and there you have it. As for the Seal Sword captains. You could barely see them , and they didnt seem so cool. as for the previous 11th Squad captain, my guess was that it could have been Maki's father possibly, other than that, he fell to the wrath of Filler

3. Techno_Jutsu

The only one I want to know more about is the 12th squad captain/mad scientist. He just seems way too evil to be allowed to be captain. He must be a genius scientist for all of the other captains to tolerate his research.

4. Sasori-puppet#02

Well, I DO know that, but I'm talking about a more detailed look at their lives. "If Hitsugaya was such a genius, it would be cool to find out which method he used to become a captain," or "Byakuya's past training to reach bankai," stuff like that.

5. Mangekyō

I wanna know more about Urahara being a former captain if that counts, and i wanna know more about Zaraki for sure, and his zanpakuto

6. silversnowfox

The reason that that information isnt presented is because of one and/or two reasons:

1) The information isnt important to the story of Bleach

and/or

2)It is information that will come later.

However, the second OAV's captains, are likely to never be extrapalated upon. Same with the former 11th squad captain. The only reason that the 11th squad former captain was used in the Bleach anime was for filler. And the OAV is hardly cannon. Saying that it is is like saying that the Inuyasha movies are cannon. They are not. They do not take a place in the manga, there for, they are not cannon.

7. mechaBD

Yeah especially Urahara. I really want to know his past, How great of a captain he was and so on. Eventually Urahara's past will come up it's just a matter of when.

8. Tokio_no_Go

I would really like to know more about Kyouraku and Ukitake. I dunno why, I just took an instant liking to them.

9. Sasori-puppet#02

I never asked WHY Kubo Tite/animation team doesn't go into more detail, I just expressed my want to know more about them. As far as your post goes, I already knew everything.

But aside from the captains that I listed in my first post, I also want to find out about Gin as well. He's so damned mysterious. He's also one of the few shinigami captains that haven't revealed their bankai yet.

10. tokyo.FM

Well I want to know why Aizen wants to become God/Ruler of Everything/whatever you call it? Like a definite reason why.

Didn't know if I should put that in spoiler tags :p

Also I want to know about Unohana, Kenpachi and for vice, Hisagi, well how he got the 69 on his face XD

11. khaos

actually.. most of the captains havent revealed their bankai's yet :notrust

12. Hat Hair

I have no idea honestly... I suppose Mayuri; I'd like to know how he's managed to get so far considering his "unique" personality in greater detail.

13. Abyss of Dreams

I'd like to know more bout Mayuri(He's so weird for actually like offering his body and getting that very creepy look), Hitsugaya(Wanna know more bout his Shinigami life b4 he became a captain, how he became a captain, and what changed his mind cause he thought Shinigami were stupid), and Gin(I wanna know absolutly everything bout him!!!).

14. buramu

I really wish they had concentrated on things like in depth captain info for the fillers instead of the current plotline. Even talking about the OVA captains would have been nice, because it wouldn`t in any way affect the actual manga plotline, it could have taken up tons of episodes, and the overall continuity of Bleach would be much less singed and dilapidated. I`d personally like to see what Yama-jii was like as a youngster, and what Soul Society was like before he made the Gotei 13 and the academy.

15. Sasori-puppet#02

And I take back my previous comment on Gin being one of the few captains who haven't released their bankai yet. Hehehe, I guess I wasn't really thinking it through.