1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We want YOU the community to help contribute to the new Spiral Rep titles!

Please, check this thread.

Dismiss Notice
  5. My fellow ningen! It's time for another Dragon Ball Banner Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  6. [​IMG]

We are going to give one month of coloured usernames to a couple of NF users.

Please, check NFs Valentine's Day Event

Dismiss Notice

7. Give NF the love she deserves! Join the NF-chan drawing contest and draw NF as NF-chan now!
    Earn some prizes... and maybe hugs and kisses from the forum herself?!
    CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice

Boku no Hero Academia Fan Art Thread

Discussion in 'My Hero Academia' started by Vandal Savage, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Tayimus Number One

I'm glad someone else said it. :catskully

2. MrCinos Well-Known Member

3. SoulFire! Venerable Sage Moderator

Judging Deku's reaction to the opposite sex, I don't think that's a problem.

4. Tayimus Number One

He wasn't insinuating that Deku was gay...

5. SoulFire! Venerable Sage Moderator

Lol! Even gay guys have testosterone! Some folks (male and female) have 'baby faces' their entire lives--has more to do with inherited physical traits than hormone levels. Izuku has his mommy's big puppy eyes (and green hair) and he always will.

6. luffy no haki 1st seat

That JirouxMomo Is looking better and better each time

7. Tayimus Number One

He wasn't insinuating anything with homosexuality, though. Let's get that clear, and then we can move to testosterone.

And the pic I posted kept Deku's puppy eyes. I think you were distracted by his "square-jaw" and physique. Not to mention that haircut. :gglife

8. SoulFire! Venerable Sage Moderator

I never had any thought about homosexuality in the first place. :foxpfftI was alluding to Deku's reaction to the nearness of girls in general.

Nah, that 'SuperDude Deku' pic had smaller (differently shaped) eyes, as well as the lantern jaw (Deku has a heart shaped face) and hyped build. Didn't like anything about it. :smh

9. Tayimus Number One

And, pray tell, what is your point about girls then?

The eyes appear smaller (eyes tend to do that when a person grows up), yes, but they're still rounded, so I have no idea what your issue is there. The pronounced jawline, I can understand, but I attribute that to a boy's body maturing into a man's. And yes, some males hold onto their boyish looks, but most do not. Hence Yak's response to you.

For example, when I was born, I looked almost exactly like my mother when she was a baby. In adolescence, I looked like a combo between my mother and father. Then testosterone hit me, and I ceased looking like mother except for a few attributes. Testosterone changed almost everything about me. I looked almost a spitting image of my father.

And that's not an outlier, that's literally what usually happens to males. This is what Yak was talking about. Attraction to girls is not a good indicator of low testosterone. I mean, do you doubt that Bakugou has high testosterone? When have you seen him react to a female like Deku did? I'll tell you what IS a good indicator of low testosterone; facial features. I mean, shit, look at All Might. From the little we've seen, the man had soft features as a boy, then testosterone hit him hard, and at 18, his face looked like it was chiseled out of stone. Bonus points for his body not looking much different from Deku's.

So, I understand that you prefer Deku to remain looking like a child, I just need to point out it might not go that way. And man, that pic you showed unnerves me. It reminds me of this scene from Harry Potter--

10. SoulFire! Venerable Sage Moderator

Not necessarily attraction to girls (or guys for that matter), but something of a physical reaction to the sex of one's choice. I think low T has as much to do with that than physical appearance--that's why there are so many Low T treatments out there for guys. :maybe

Lol! Bakugo's testosterone is concentrated on ego and aggression. He's got no time for females!

Tbh, I find everything about Toshinori's varied appearances kinda unique to himself and how OFA manifested in him. Just the fact that he has a separate 'muscle form' is strange to me. I won't even go into his abstract skeletal look (though I do like it--probably better than the muscle form). And no, he was never built similar to Izuku: He was tall and slender. In the beginning Deku was a short and scrawny 14 year old.

No, the eyes are much smaller and less rounded. The face may look better without that buzz cut around the sides, but it is still too elongated imo. Makes me really curious to see how Hori might present an older Deku.

Some guys end up taking after Dad and some after Mom. Same with girls. Luck of the draw.

Deku does not look like a child or a baby such as whatever that is in your example. This is little Izuku:

Teen Izuku:

I just want him to continue to look like himself and not turned into some musclebound jock. He is meant to be 'plain' and ordinary in appearance, proving that appearances can be deceiving.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  11. Tayimus Number One

Yak's response was about Low T, and you bring up attraction as an answer. I don't even have to look that one up, since it doesn't even address the point made. Even women have testosterone, just nowhere in the amounts that men do, yet women feel attraction to the opposite sex. If attraction is affected by testosterone , it most certainly is not an indicator of high or low T. Since even individuals with Low T can feel attraction.

Also, I very much think you need to read up on what Low T does to a man if that's all you think a man might need testosterone treatments for.

Indubitably. So, attraction is not a good indicator of Low T. :edu

We saw him when he was 18, with OFA not fired up at that.

Are you joking? All Might was visibly shorter than Nana when he met her, on top of his build not being bulky like, say, Iida. He literally grew like two feet in highschool, unless Nana is abnormally tall for a female. Funnily enough, we've yet to get her height.

What is this, do you just mentally block out that men normally lose some features they had as boys? :drake

His eyes losing a bit of roundness (I disagree that even that is true, but let's go with it) is still in line with what actually happens to boys.

Outliers. I'm not using exceptions to the rule.

I was exaggerating. The feeling I described is true, though. Your picture had Deku's current face on a taller body. It's unnerving. It just looks weird for you to say that's adult Deku and I see teenage Deku.

Muscle-bound jock? He's nowhere near All Might or Endeavor in musculature. Hell, he debatably beats out Iida, who is sixteen right now. I highly doubt you'd call Iida a musclebound jock, so I don't get your criticisms with the pic on that point.

Also, the dude still looks "plain and ordinary" to me. Of course, I don't think someone is NOT plain and ordinary for having a specific jaw line. Dude doesn't look like Brad Pitt.

12. Yak banned

You know, you make one light-hearted, offhanded comment about something absolutely trivial and, neverless, fictional.

ONE.

And this happens.

Reminds me why I occasionally just fuck off from this place. :tiredpepe

13. Tayimus Number One

14. SoulFire! Venerable Sage Moderator

Lol! I'm not carrying this any further as it is off topic and has a great deal to do with personal preference and opinion! To rectify the situation, here are a couple of fan arts that I like:

And my favorite couple:

15. MrCinos Well-Known Member

16. MrCinos Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. Tayimus Number One

18. Yak banned

For a second I was like "who are those guys" :skully

19. luffy no haki 1st seat

Endeavor looks like some burnt-out private investigator from a Noir movie :lmao

21. SoulFire! Venerable Sage Moderator

Best Jeanist looks so proud of his handiwork!

22. BreadBoy #1 Kale Fan

Get this fucking hurtful Disney shit out of this thread :gglife

24. BreadBoy #1 Kale Fan

They say the truth hurts, but I didn't expect it to hurt this much. :zaheer

25. Cardboard Tube Knight Well-Known Member

26. SoulFire! Venerable Sage Moderator

28. Tayimus Number One

29. Ye Xiu Best Member