1. AAB SEASON THREE

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Anime Awards for 2017 final part commences with the main awards! Please leave a vote or comment in one of the following competition threads!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Dismiss Notice

Book Recommendations

Discussion in 'Reader's Corner' started by mow, Mar 10, 2005.

1. mow <b> <color=red> THE <blink>notlame</blink> AVENGER

Here is the place to post all your novel reccomendations, please follow the format below (and please no manga reccomendations here, there is a thread I've made right here

====
    Book Title:- self explanitory
    Author's Name:- self explanitory
    Previous Titles By Author:- self explanitory
    Genre:- fiction, non-fiction, sci-fi etc
    Target audieence :- G, PG-13, R, M etc
    Breif Synpos:- give us a brief idea about the book and what it revloves about.
    Why You Reccomend It:- self explanitory
    Why Dont' you Reccommend It:- self explanitory
    Rating:- your personal rating of the book,out of 10, 1 beign lowest, 10 being highest
    Where to get:- a link to buythe book from
    ====

there you have it, a way to make things a tad bit more organized rather than having many book reccomendation threads poping about. Share the joy of reading :amuse

Tags:
  2. Rurouni Mushishi

Book Title:- The Elegant Universe

Author's Name:- Brian Greene

Previous Titles By Author:- The Fabric of the Cosmos: Space, Time, and the Texture of Reality

Genre:- Nonfiction (Science)

Target audieence :- G

Breif Synpos:- String Theory, is what many physicists believe is the 'Theory of Everything'. In this book, Brian Greene relates the scientific story and the human struggle behind the search for the ultimate theory. Through the artful use of metaphor and analogy, The Elegant Universe helps us understand this theory.

Why You Reccomend It:- This book is great when it comes to String Theory. Greene uses easy-to-understand examples to help us understand the point he's trying to get across. This book is especially good for people who are new to physics or string theory.

Why Dont' you Reccommend It:- Not great for people who aren't interested in this field of science. This is a very long book and while the examples are great, sometimes you have to reread the page in order to fully understand.

Rating:- 9/10

Where to get:-

3. darkspark Man, I love my work...

lol, i have a list, i'm a bookworm. but here's some

titles: hitch hiker's guide to the galaxy (trilogy in 5 parts) (i know that there's a sixth book, but it was added after the author died, so i don't acknowledge it)
    1- hitch hiker's guide to the galaxy 2- the restaurant at the end of the universe
    3 - life, the universe, and everything 4- so long, and thank for all the fish 5- mostly harmless
    author: Douglas Adams
    other books by author: dirk gently series, last chance to see
    genre: science fiction
    synopsis: Arthur Dent lives on earth, and is having his house bulldozed to make way for a freeway. Incidently, the Earth itself is going to be bulldozed to make way for an interstellar freeway. His friend, Ford Prefect, who is really from another planet, knows about this, and tries to warn Arthur, and they manage to get off-planet. They find a ship with a probability drive, meet Zaphod, Trinity, Marvin, and the group goes through a lot of weird things trying to survive in the universe. The Earth is brought back, but from the beginning. You find out that humans are the third smartest on earth, the first being mice and the second being dolphins. They get to watch the end of the universe, etc, etc...

why I would recommend it: Very funny, very abstract, absolutely hilarious, lots of strange looks on life

why I wouldn't recommend it: Very... well, not technical, but philosophical, a lot of strange looks on life (which i love, but i know that many people don't). If you're an extremely serious person who does not like to laugh at the oddities of life, these books are not for you!

4. martryn Dick in hand

Author's Name:- Umberto Eco
    Previous Titles By Author:- Name of the Rose, Island of the Day Before
    Genre:- fiction
    Target audience :- R (language, and some sexual content)
    Breif Synpos:- A group of Italian editors start a crazy theory to pass the time using what knowledge they have learned from various sources over the years about the occult and the Templars and secret organizations. They start feeding info into a computer that can string together connections between random bits of data and form a game out of it, until some real crazy people start to take the game seriously.
    Why You Reccomend It:- Talk about a book to make you think. This book takes you everywhere. It hits religion, philosophy, the Templars, the Rosicrucians, the Knights of the Cross, language, probability and mathematics, history, government, literature, ect ect. One of the best stories EVER. My all time fav book.
    Why Dont' you Reccommend It:- The only thing I see that people wouldn't like this book is that many of the themes are boring to those who aren't very bright. The humour is really high class stuff, and the writer often slips from his native Italian into Latin and Greek, which can be annoying to some. The vast amount of minor characters in this book also may make it hard to follow.
    Rating:- I give it a 10/10 (its my all time fav)
    Where to get:- I'd recommend your local library.

5. Gaara-fan >_o

Book Title: Ten Little Indians / And Then There Were None

Author's Name: Agatha Christie

Other Titles By Author: A Pocket Full of Rye

Genre: Mystery

Target audieence :..maybe 12 and up?

Breif Synpos:Ten guests are invited to spend their holiday on an island by Mr. Owen, a mysterious person. The mystery begins when the guests begin to die, one by one...

Why You Recommend It: I would recommend it because it creates suspense, and it gets very exciting. It's hard to put down the book once you started!

Why Dont' you Recommend It: I wouldn't recommend it to people who hates mystery...

Rating:10/10!

Where to get: you can borrow it from a library

6. darkturkey .

Authors' Names: Melanie Rawn, Jennifer Roberson & Kate Elliot

Other Titles By Authors: Dragon Prince / Sword Dancer / Jaran

Genre: Fantasy set in 1400s Italy type place

Target audience : 13 and up

Breif synopsis:An ambitious painter of a magical painting bloodline learns, and uses forbidden painting magic to try to win the love of his beautiful cousin. His treachery has a vast impact on the his city, and the lives of all those within the magical painting bloodline (only men get the painting magic).

Why you recommend it: Ok, the synopsis doesn't make it sound great, I thought the same thing when I read the back of the book. But, 2 of the 3 writers (rawn, roberson) were among my favorite fantasy writers, so I bought it, even though I generally perfer swords & magic type fantasies. Thankfully, I found it to bee a truely excellent book.

Why dont' you recommend it: If you don't like fantasy novels, don't get it.

Rating:10/10

Where to get: You probably won't be able to find it in a library.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2005
  7. Gaara-fan >_o

Author's Name: Christopher Paolini

Other Titles By Author:...not sure...

Genre: Fantasy / Science-fiction

Target audience : 13 and up

Breif Synpos: It is about a boy who finds a blue polished stone, which turns out to be a dragon egg. When it hatches, he finds a dragon hatchling, and the adventure begins here.

Why You Recommend It: I would recommend this book to people who enjoy fantasy books and adventurous stories.

Why Dont' you Reccommend It: I wouldn't recommend this book to people who hate fantasy or magic.

Rating: 10/10

Where to get: Chapters/Indigo

8. |ZeN| New Member

9. BakaKage baka-deshi

Author's Name: J.R.R Tolkien
    Previous Titles By Author: The Lord of The Rings, The Hobbit
    Genre: Fiction/Fantasy
    Target audieence :13 older (must be a Tolkien fan to truly enjoy this)
    Breif Synpos: Consists of Narratives on the Creation of Middle-Earth, the Awakening of the elves, men, dwarves and all the free peoples, The Quest for the Silmarills by the elves and the great ancient wars between the elves and Morgoth (Sauron's Master) and later the War against Sauron.
    Why You Reccomend It: If you want to know more about the world that Tolkien created. This is the first step
    Why Dont' you Reccommend It: As said before if you are a casual Tolkien Reader you might find this difficult to read
    Rating:- 10/10
    Where to get: your local bookstore should have this :)

10. .

Damn you, BakaKage! You stole my recommendation!

Ahem. Moving on...

Book Title: Six of One
    Author's Name: Rita Mae Brown
    Previous Titles By Author: The Mrs. Murphy Mysteries, Rubyfruit Jungle
    Genre: Fiction
    Target Audience: PG-13
    Brief Synposis: It is basically two stories. The "present" about two bickering elderly sisters and the bisexual adopted daughter of one. And the "past", which is the bulk of the novel, which shows the lives of these two sisters growing up in the South during the Depression.
    Why You Recommend It: It's very real and human. Every character has their faults and virtues. It also has many, many funny, witty moments that make me laugh out loud. However, I would not recommend this book's sequels as the author gets kind of preachy and almost uses animals as characters as she does in her other books.
    Why Don't You Recommend It: Deals with a lot of sensitive topics like homosexuality and racism. The Catholic sister is shown in a rather unflattering light. A lot of people will probably be put off by some of the views presented.
    Rating: 9/10
    Where to Get:

Book Title: To Kill a Mockingbird
    Author's Name: Harper Lee
    Previous Titles By Author: None.
    Target Audience: PG
    Brief Synposis: The lawyer father of a young girl is chosen to defend a young black man accused of the rape of a white woman in the South during the Depression. The girl, Scout, must learn to deal with the unfamiliar emotions revolving around this trial in her town.
    Why You Recommend It: I could say this book teaches a good moral lesson, but that's not the reason I like it. As with the above book, the characters here are interesting and very human. The book doesn't just focus on the trial, but also the life of Scout as she grows up.
    Why Don't You Recommend It: I don't know. I would recommend this to anyone except maybe children to young to understand some of the ideas in it.
    Where to Get:

11. Bloody_Mari Manga-ka Ch!k

Author's Name:- Annette Curtis Klause
    Previous Titles By Author:- The Silver Kiss
    Target audieence :- PG-13
    Breif Synpos:- Sixteen-year-old Vivian Gandillon is trying to fit in to her new home in the suburbs. But trying to act "normal" isn't always easy, since Vivian and her family are werewolves. It's glorious to have the power to change, and Vivian is a beautiful loup-garou with all the young wolves howling for her. But she wants no part of her squabbling pack, left leaderless by her father's recent death.

Then Vivian falls in love with a human, a meat-boy. If she reveals herself, will he relish the magic of her dual nature? When a brutal murder threatens the pack's survival, Vivian's divided loyalties are further strained. What is she really--human or beast?
    Why You Reccomend It:- I recommend this book to people who enjoy fantasy books and especially werewolf fans.
    Why Dont' you Reccommend It:- I wouldn't recodmend this book to children under 13 because they won't understand some of the parts in the story and they'll be like "ohh she said a bad word!" or "ewww gross!"
    Rating:- 10

12. chye8 New Member

I recommend reading Dan Brown's books "Angels and Demons" and "The Davinci Code". The first one is much better and more thrilling. The other kinda suck. Really boring.

13. amithee New Member

Author's Name: Kurt Vonnegut
    Previous Titles By Author: Slaughterhouse-Five, Cat's Cradle, Breakfast of Champions
    Genre: Short Story Collection
    Target audience: G
    Brief Synposis: Welcome To The Monkey House is a collection of Kurt Vonnueguts shorter works. Originally printed in publications as diverse as The Magazine of Fantasy and Science fiction and The Atlantic Monthly, what these superb stories share is Vonnegut's audacious sense of humor and extraordinary range of creative vision. [stolen from Amazon.com]
    Why You Recommend It: My all-time favorite book. Great for someone with a short attention span, like me. :) Some stories are misses, but most of them are hits. Unfortunately the first story in the collection is a huge miss (IMHO) - so don't just read the first story and then give up! My favorite outta the bunch is DP.
    Rating: 9.5 (since there are some uber-boring stories in the collection)
    Where to get: , , and your friendly local library.

14. metronomy Active Member

Author's Name: John Fowles
    Previous Titles: The French Lieutenant's Woman
    Target Audience: 18+
    Brief Synposis: Its all about obsession!
    Why You Recommend It: A great journey into the human mind!
    Where to get: Libary/Internet/Book Store

15. The Fireball Kid Respect the Mustache

author:sebastian haffner
    Previous Titles By Author:uh......its a memoir..i don't know what else he has wrote
    genre:memoir/history
    biography:well mainly its about a man defying hitler....i havn't finished it yet...
    its very good i will tell u more about it when i read more.

16. ghostgal Member

Serie's books :- Shinju, Bundori, The way of the traitor, The concubine's tatoo, the wife of the samurai, Black lotus, The pillow book of lady Wisteria, Dragon King's palace & the perfumed sleeve
    Genre:- mystery, set on the 1600's
    Target audieence :- R, some blood, murders and not very detailed or abundant sex scenes
    Breif Synpos:- A detective called Sano Ichiro solves cases, but people don't want the solved and get in his way. Too bad they are powerful people.
    Why You Reccomend It:- Rules!!! The characters are grat and teh descriptions are beautiful, the time period is described very well too
    Why Dont' you Reccommend It:- in spanish you only can find teh 4th 5th 6th and 7th (spanish=stupid????????)
    Rating:- 9,5.......;n;(yeah)
    Where to get:- amazon.com i guess...

17. Kakashi_Love Guest

I would like to recommend all of Michael Crichton's sci-fi novels. Don't watch the movie, read the book, it's way better.

Congo
    Sphere
    Timeline
    Jurassic Park

18. IkariBattousai Windmill For The Land

Author's Name:- Jeffrey Eugenides
    Previous Titles By Author:- None (His next book "The Middle Sex" won him a pulitzer).
    Genre:- Fiction
    Target audieence :- Between PG-13 and R.
    Breif Synpos:- This is a story about five girls who live under the rule of an overprotective mother. Everything starts with the attempted (and later successful) suicide of the youngest sister: Ceceilia. The story takes place in the 1970's and is told through the point of view of a group of boys living across the street who have fallen under their spell.
    Why You Reccomend It:- This is a great book. Not only is it well written, but it's captivating and the message is what you make of it.
    Rating:- 8/10

19. chibi_kakashi Little Sharingan User

Book Title: Artemis Fowl: The Eternity Code
    Author's Name: Eoin Colfer
    Previous Titles By Author: other books in the Artemis Fowl series, The Supernaturalist, The Wish List
    Genre: Fiction/ Fantasy
    Target audience : PG-13
    Brief Synopsis: Artemis Fowl is an 11-year old genius, and a criminal mastermind. After rescuing his father from the Mafia, Artemis decides to change his ways and abandon his dark doings - but only after this last "deal." Using fairy technology, he develops a powerful gadget and he offers it for sale to John Spiro - who is also a criminal himself. However, Spiro steals the gadget and kills Butler (the loyal sidekick), and now Artemis must recover it with the aid of his other friends - human and fairy alike.
    Why You Recommend It: It's action-packed, and you're still waiting for the next Potter book. Honestly though, it's a very good series on its own - even if you're not into Harry Potter. And this is, no-doubt, the best book in the series.
    Why Dont' you Recommend It: Because you haven't read the first two books.
    Where to get: Amazon, or BN.

20. Zaby New Member

Author's Name:- Malorie Blackman
    Previous Titles By Author:- uh...the sequel to the book is Kinfe edge, and the one after is out soon)
    Target audieence :- teenage, young adult
    Breif Synpos:- Racim between black and white people. Only in the book it's a role reverse, the black people have the upper hand. Like Romeo and Juliet, with alot more twists, rebel groups, and the the hardship of instiutional racism.
    Why You Reccomend It:- Emotional, interesting, meaningful, makes an excellent reading for all.
    Rating:- 9
    Where to get:- most bookstores, or online book stores eg, amazon.

Book Title:- The Client
    Author's Name:- John Grisham
    Previous Titles By Author:- Plencan Brief, The Runaway Jury, A Painted House, Bleachers, The Firm, The Street Lawyer.. many others...
    Target audieence :- Adults... but if you like a deep complicated book, anyone.
    Breif Synpos:- A young boy by chance ends up in the car of a layer who commits sucide. US officals belive the boy knows some imporant information on a case the decesed lawyer. He ends up, being threated, going on the run, and in alot of trouble.
    Why You Reccomend It:- Very very interesting, to see a young boy being pulled into something he has little control over. Twists, strong plot and chaacters.
    Why Dont' you Reccommend It:- .. but i do.. thoigh you can always watch the movie.
    Rating:- 8.5
    Where to get:- , and all other book stores.

21. Ame Undesperate Housewife

More like comics, but these aren't your usual superhero whatnots..

Book Title:- The Sandman (Series/Graphic Novel)
    Author's Name:- Neil Gaiman
    Previous Titles By Author:- Stardust, Coraline, American Gods
    Target audieence :M... or at least mature enough to appreciate it..
    Breif Synpos:- The Endless: Destiny, Death, Dream, Destruction, Despair, Desire, and Delerium... More on Dream's life and his relationship with his siblings and people that he comes across...
    Why You Reccomend It:- It's possibly, the greatest comic ever...
    Why Dont' you Reccommend It:- If you're not into dark themes, mythology, or are extremely religious (You'd say some parts are blasphame like my cousin)...
    Rating:- 10.... + a million...
    Where to get: Amazon I guess...

22. akuma no omoigakenai saku El Chupacabra

Book Title: The Fionavar Tapestry (trilogy)
    Author's Name: Guy Gavriel Kay
    Genre:- fiction/fantasy
    Target audieence: it does have violence/rape/death, but it's important to the story, so I guess mature 13-30 year olds.
    Breif Synpos:- a group of college students get taken to another plane called Fionavar (Narnia-style, and not as cheesy as it sounds) and get tied up in a conflict against a satan-like figure that is trying to untangle the tapestry of existence, or something.
    Why You Reccomend It: I just really, really liked it. The characters were well developed and the story was great. (I was only 15 at the time I read it, so I mostly only remember that I loved the trilogy)
    Why Dont' you Reccommend It: mature subject matter.
    Rating:- 10

Book Title:- The chronicles of Thomas Covenant, the unbeliever (2 trilogies)
    Author's Name:- Stephen R. Donaldson.
    Genre:- Fantasy/fiction.
    Target audieence :same as fionavar tapestry (death/rape/violence)
    Breif Synpos:- once again, there's a reality shift and a strange world. This time, it's for an miserable, self-pitying failure of an author who also happens to have leprosy. He gets conked on the head and wakes up in a strange place where everyone thinks he's a reincarnated folk hero, even though he's a miserable, selfish bastard.
    Why You Reccomend It:- it's just a good story.
    Why Dont' you Reccommend It:- mature content again
    Rating:- 7

They aren't as cheesy and cliche as they might sound.

I too recommend any of Neil Gaiman's stuff, as well as the spin offs for Death and Lucifer by other authors.

23. BakaKage baka-deshi

Author's Name: Dean Koontz
    Previous Titles By Author: Whispers, The Bad Place, Watchers
    Target audieence : 13 up
    Breif Synpos: 2 sisters after returning from a trip find their town lifeless. Everyone is dead, more appropriately dead where they stood. Now they have to survive and leave the place as soon as possible.
    Why You Reccomend It: Dean Koontz is one of my favorite authors. Though his stories deal with supernatural things and can sometimes be over the top for some people this book is very enjoyable if you want to try something new.
    Why Dont' you Reccommend It: This is a hit or miss book...either you love it or you don't
    Rating: 10/10 (this is entirely my personal opinion :))

24. S-117 Teamkilling Fucktard

Author's Name: Eric Nylund
    Previous Titles By Author: Halo: First Strike(Not exactly previous since he wrote this after Fall Of Reach)
    Genre: Science Fiction
    Target Audience: PG-13
    Brief Synopsis: What happens before Halo, the video game. Tells how the Spartans were created, how they became so strong, and how they were destroyed. Follows the story of Master Chief(Spartan Squad Leader and main character in the video game), Captain Keyes, and Doctor Halsey(Creator of the Spartan-II project). Ends at the beginning of Halo.
    Why You Reccomend It: This is an absolute must for any Halo fan, or Sci-Fi lover. Despite the spelling and grammatical errors found every now and then, the story is great. And since it takes place before the game, you won't need to play it just to understand what's going on.
    Why You Don't Recommend It: Wierd transitions between events. For instance, one chapter starts out in the year 2517, then the next chapter skips two years and goes right into 2519.

25. ChaochroX Devil of Chicago

Book Title: The Otori Trilogy- 1st Across the Nightengale Floor, 2nd Grass for His Pillow, 3rd The Brilliance of the Moon.
    Author's Name: Lian Hearn
    Previous Titles By Author: N/A
    Genre: non-fiction
    Target audieence: PG-13, R if it were a moive
    Breif Synpos: Its about a boy named Takeo who, due to an attack on his villiage, is forced out of his simple life into an entirley new world filled with warlords and political schemes. It takes place in Japan during the fudal era.
    Why You Reccomend It: I recomend this book seires because its just about as good as books get. The story is brilliant there is an intriguing love story and if that weren't enough the main character is a ninja!
    Rating:- 10/10 It's just an incredible book even my Mom loved it.
    Where to get: theotori.com

Last edited: Aug 4, 2005
  26. bearzerger Major Cliff Allister McLane

Book Title: A Song Of Ice And Fire (Three books already published a fourth due this year)
    Author's Name: George R. R. Martin
    Previous Titles By Author: Wildcarts (But it's only a mediocre work compared to A Song Of Ice And Fire
    Genre: Fantasy
    Target Audience: 18+ (explicite violent and sex scenes, among those i*c*st, rape, brutality, torture, sadism)
    Brief Synopsis: A world where summer can last many years and winters although seldom, too. A kingdom is torn apart by the ambitions of various nobles and other powers. Vultures are on the rise, while true loyal knights are regarded as enemies. In the centre of all this turmoil stands the Stark family, an old noble house and the story follows the family as they live and die through the chaos of civil war, a looming invasion by mysterious creatures of the cold who dabble in the darkest magic of necromancy.
    Why You Reccomend It: I doubt there is any series which is told with such a brutal honesty concerning the darkest traits of us humans, perhaps apart from Robin Hobb's farseer. There is no clear drawn line between good and evil. Everyone is trying to further his ambition and many are willing to commit the worst atrocities to reach their goal. This series is absolutely unpredictable, you see characters patiently built up over hundreds of pages and the next you know is that they fell victim to the political intrigues of someone he - and you the reader too - believed an ally. There is no honor and no loyality except to one self. At the moment this is by far the best fantasy series out there, it is masterfully written, the characters are fully fleshed out and the chapters, which are written from - until now - about 30 different point of views, each give a deep inside in to the inner workings of the characters. This is one series in which one should read every word twice or one is in danger to miss a vital part.
    Why You Don't Recommend It: If you don't have a stomache for brutality and cruelty this book is nothing for you. Also those who like clear distinctions between white and black, good and evil will be disappointed.

27. Cornuthaum Knight in Sour Armor

• Interview with a Vampire (Louis)
    • The Vampire Lestard (Lestard)
    • Queen of the Damned (Varying)
    • Tale of the Body Thief (Varying)
    • Memnoch the Devil (Lestard & Memnoch)
    • Armand the Vampire (Armand)
    • Blood and Gold (Marius)
    • Pandora (Pandora)
    Author's Name: Annie Rice
    Previous Titles By Author: Lives of the Mayfair Witches (The Witching Hour, Lasher, Taltos)
    Target audience : Dunno, I'd say it's not good for people who can't stand descriptions of violence.
    Breif Synopsis: The tales of the Immortal Vampires and their exploits, with the young vampire Lestard being the catalyst to unfathomable changes in an ancient society of monsters.
    Why You Reccomend It: They are great books, all of them. Although Lestard degenerates more and more to a Mary-sue (yes, CANON mary sue), the people around him are fascinating in all their century-old glory and experience.
    Why Dont' you Reccommend It: It's not good if you're a firm believer in the christian religion, ESPECIALLY not Memnoch the Devil (which I think of as a great book), plus it often depicts violence and murder.
    Rating:- 7/10 - Very good, but for the higher-up ratings it is too predictable at times and it's one of the few canon mary-sue series I know.

28. Nihao Forever Neji

Author's Name:- Dean Koontz

Previous Titles By Author:- Wow, let's see: Phantoms, Strangers, Intensity, Midnight, Whispers, The Bad Place, Lightning, Fear Nothing.. (loads more)

Target audience :16+

Brief Synopses:- This book mainly revolves around quantum mechanics and how people are tied to each other by the strings of destiny.
    A little boy is born with the ability to see and even "move" into different dimensions. Once, while visiting his father's grave with his mother, they are caught in a rainstorm. When they reach the car, his mother realizes that he is completely dry. So she asks him how he did it, and he simiply answers: "I walk where it doesn't rain."

Why You Reccomend It:- Dean Koontz is a brilliant writer and his writing matures with every new book. This is just one of those books that you really can't predict what will happen next and the characters are very well developed.

Why Dont' you Reccommend It:- Mature content

Rating:- I would love to give it a 10, but I don't want to seem biased. (he's my fav. writer) soooo... 9.9/10 ;)

Where to get:- Amazon or any bookstore if you live in an English speaking country.

29. Prendergast with club sauce

Author's Name: F. Scott Fitzgerald
    Previous Titles By Author: This side of Paradise, The Beautiful and Damned
    Genre: Realistic fiction
    Target audieence :pG-13
    Breif Synpos:The setting is in the swingin 20's and Nick lives near a very wealthy man named Jay Gatsby. They become friends and through Nick's eyes, the audience experiences the 20's.
    Why You Reccomend It: I recommend it because it is very real and down to earth. Sad, but makes you feel refreshed.
    Why Don't you Reccommend It: English teachers make their students read this so many kids of course dislike it.
    Rating: 10
    Where to get: bookstore, library.

30. Kucheeky Badkuya ->-

Author's Name:- Steven King
    Previous Titles By Author:- A lot of books
    Genre:- Sci-Fi & Horror
    Target audience :- PG-13 to R

Breif Synposis:- Its the third part of a saga called the Dark Tower saga, Wasteland is the third installment.

Why You Reccomend It:- Steven King made it, the Dark Tower sag is incredible.

Rating:- 8/10, a little bit long and hard to read a moments.
    Where to get:- Any bookstore around