1. AAB SEASON THREE

Dismiss Notice
  2. Anime Awards for 2017 part 3 commences with genre awards! Please leave a vote or comment in one of the following competition threads!

1 2 3 4 5 6
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice

Boruto Anime Question

Discussion in 'New Leaf' started by A. Waltz, Aug 11, 2018 at 8:19 PM.

1. A. Waltz Everyone is a whore, Grace.

Hello. I was watching the Boruto anime before but stopped after the arc in the Mist Village because I just couldn't stand the whole "friendship nakama power!" fairy tail shit. I missed the dark grittiness of the original Naruto, where the stakes were real, good guys died, tragic backstory. Now, it just feels like they would never dare show something like the Uchiha Massacre or young Naruto getting bullied and crying. They sanitized it so much.

So I want to know, does it get better? And at what episode number does it start following the manga? It's my understanding that the anime starts off as a sort of prequel to the anime because they're still in elementary school basically. And once the anime reaches the manga, does it stick to it? Or does it change it significantly? Wish I could just read the manga but I can't stand how they draw Sarada, they make a 10 year old look like a cheap slut in every panel and it disgusts me. Does the anime change her style when it reaches the manga or does it keep her looking about the same?

Also, which episodes are filler? If you could just post a list that would be great.

Tags:
  2. Platypus Well-Known Member Super Moderator

You might want to watch episodes 51-66 since those adapt the movie into an extended version. Haven't watched the rest of the anime except for the first two arcs (Academy Arc and Sarada Arc) and a couple of episodes here and there.

Episode 52 is the first episode that delves into manga content (besides the brief intro scene in episode 1) but the anime does make a lot of changes to what we were shown in the movie and manga.

Anime!Sarada doesn't wear her manga outfit from what I remember.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018 at 8:49 PM
  3. A. Waltz Everyone is a whore, Grace.

Glad to hear they didn't give her the manga hooker treatment!

Does the manga get more gritty eventually? Since I figure they will animate it at some point. Does it ever reach Zabuza arc levels? Or is everything still always resolved super nicely? (assuming you read the manga)

4. Mider T VM Rapist

The Mist arc was gritty as fuck. Someone post that gif of Sarada getting her head cut off.

5. Mider T VM Rapist

Actually I'll just quote this guy. He's banned anyway.

6. A. Waltz Everyone is a whore, Grace.

yeah but it was obviously fake everyone knows sarada is an end game character she and boruto will never die
    also all the other stuff happened to fodder/filler characters so really dont care about them

i hate the whole nakama power endings to every episode like boruto ALWAYS "i learned something new!!" like some old episode of south park it feels so juvenile (ironic im comparing it to sp but you know what i mean when kyle goes on his little "you know what i learned something today guys. people shouldnt be bullied for the size of their turds" ect

7. A. Waltz Everyone is a whore, Grace.

naruto made me cry
    blood =/= gritty
    ya really think we're gonna cry from seeing adult sasuke stabbed with 2 knives???? "omg how gritty theres a tiny bit of blood!" we all know how powerful he is. it was so sad during zabuza arc when he saved naruto and took all those blades. as a child, first mission, now that animation was "grittier" it waa hundreds of blades and we thought he could die. he did it as a shocking character development cuz all this time he acted like he didnt care about team 7 and he risked his life for that idiot. sadness and sorrow was playing. he was a main character. you know theyre never going to let spoiled little rich kid boruto get that severely injurred. or sarada. maybe mitsuki but even then probably not. and even if they did it wouldnt be as emotionally impactful cuz they all get along well

8. Djomla Jedi Master

Just watch THE fight. There is nothing special before and the new episodes after it are basically brain cancer.

9. Mider T VM Rapist

Bloody IS gritty though. Of course most of the stuff is going to happen to filler characters, nothing can happen to the main characters too bad because this isn't the source material. The fact they included such violent deaths in there is surprising.

10. A. Waltz Everyone is a whore, Grace.

well i should use another word then. those fodder deaths mean nothing. i just wish there were more dark/deep emotional stuff too, cuz everyone looks so happy in this series. where's the tragic shit. naruto and sasuke went through so much. shit, even sakura being sad about sasuke's past and what not was also pretty sad to watch. where is that type of character development?
    deaths in there is surprising.
    what episode number is this?

11. Mider T VM Rapist

The manga is just getting to that point, but this far the village is mostly happy because of the era of peace. We did get some darkness from Sumire's back story, Kagura (fight in one if the clips I quoted), and the Byakuya Gang (another one of the clips I quoted).

12. indrasarrow Blood Circulator

I'd recommend watching episode 36-37 (graduation exams), 38 (genin team formations), 39 (Mitsuki background story) and 51-66 (movie Arc adaptation) with episode 65 having one of the best fights in the entire Naruto/Boruto series so far. We also have an anime-original Mitsuki Arc coming up next month which I'm looking forward to and the recent manga chapters have been pretty fun / dark but they more than likely will be adapted early 2019.

13. A. Waltz Everyone is a whore, Grace.

14. A. Waltz Everyone is a whore, Grace.

Oh good to know it is at least becoming a bit more dark/deep!

15. root eltiT resU motsuC

It's peace time and this show/manga is deliberately meant to be more of a soft fun ninja adventure series. And it's enjoyable enough at that. It just doesn't have the emotional highs and lows Naruto had. Not even in the manga currently.

If nothing up to the Mist village caught your interest, don't hold your breath.

But there's some cool fights and attempts at 'darker' plot lines. As recommended above. And some of the chuunin exam/movie arc did almost capture that feel of original Naruto for me.

16. Yagami1211 The Dragon of Dojima

Although most of this is in the anime, not in the manga.